Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. EzhilarasiYour feedback matters!
I am 32. Have 3 stones in kidney sizes 8mm in urine pipe, 7mm, 5mm in left & right kidney. What should I do. Go for operation or medicine. Severe pain almost every week.
Hi. My friend is having urine infection. She is suffering from pain and burning sensation at the end of vaginal point. What syrup is used to reduce urine infection for ladies. Bought a syrup named "Citralka" Is it useful. Or please suggest a solution to get rid of urine infection.
I am 29 years old. I got married before a mnth. After marriage am suffering with urine infection And also allergies. please tell me what can I do.
I am 48yrs old, I am suffering from burning, when the urine pass through the penis the top part of penis burning for a moment. What to do please advise.
I am having kidney stone in vuj and the size is 10. 5 mm.Iam struggling to pass urine. This is the second time the formation of stone and first time operated and again the stone is forming so I followed to take siddha medicines. Could you please suggest what can I do further. Is ths good to continue with sweat are to take any further steps.
Hi, I am 60 year old male having 7×3mm stone in left lower ureter. One episode of severe pain. Kindly tell me the treatment?
I used to drink water eventually ,and I play games and does exercises most of the day ,so most of my body's water is in the form of sweet, instead of urine. Is that noxious to my organs, especially kidneys?
I am female 15 years. Suffering a horse shoe shaped kidney with stump in front of aorta, measuring 1.3 cm. Normal in size, shape & parenchymal echogenicity. No calculus seen. No hydronephrosis. And screening of axillary lymphnodes shows significant reduction in size with largest measuring 0.9 cm.
My brother had kidney stone last two days back he scanned in that report two small stones showing. What is the treatment for that.
He is 12 years of age. He had a problem with Un control of urinal in bed at night. How to control and stop this.
Hello Actually from yesterday I feel ball like below left side near kidney. Some times I feel tight at the same place .I also feel vomiting continues, and more I Wake up early morning. I feel slide pain in my lower abdomen sometimes. Is the pain gradual or sudden? Gradual Any nausea or vomiting? No Any recent weight loss? No Any loss of appetite: No Any bloating of stomach: Yes.
I am 43 years man, feeling too much tired. Urin comes with bad smell with light yellow/red colour. Always pain in feet. Not any examine done.
The bladder is a hollow storage organ that collects urine from the kidneys and stores it until it can be passed out of the body through the urethra during the process of micturition or urination. It has a thin inner lining of cells called urothelial cells and a thick muscular wall, which exerts pressure to push the urine out of the body.
Causes of Bladder Tumors
In most cases, the bladder tumor develops on the inner layer due to a combination of some of the following factors.
1. Hereditary: A strong family history of cancer predisposes a person to cancer.
2. Gender: Men are 3 times more prone for bladder cancer than women.
3. Ethnicity: White people are more prone for bladder cancer black people.
4. Smoking: Smokers develop bladder cancer 2-6 times more frequently than non-smokers. cigarettes contain toxic, carcinogenic substances which reach the kidney and are stored in the bladder, leading to their damage.
5. Occupational hazards: Some workplaces have a higher likelihood of causing bladder cancers, especially dye and rubber industries. The effects can be damaging, and the person may develop cancers years after the exposure has happened.
6. Recurrent bladder infections: In some people, this can also lead to bladder cancer in the long run.
Types of Bladder Tumor
Depending on the extent of the cancerous spread, it can be of two types:
1. Non-muscle-invasive bladder tumors: The tumor spread is limited to the inner part of the bladder (urothelial cells)
2. Muscle-invasive bladder tumor: The tumor has spread to the thick muscular outer layer. This is more advanced and prognosis is poor compared to the noninvasive type.
The most common and diagnostic symptom of bladder cancer is the presence of blood in the urine, known as hematuria. This will be intermittent and happens whenever the tumor bleeding happens. Other symptoms include pain in the lower abdomen and frequent urination.
From the most noninvasive to the most invasive diagnostic test, these include:
1. Urine microscopy to detect cancer cells in the urine
2. Cystoscopy A tube inserted into the urethra to look into the inner wall of the bladder is highly diagnostic
3. Ultrasound, CT Scan, and biopsy can also be further used to identify severity of the tumor.
Once the tumor is diagnosed, treatment would depend on the severity of the tumor. For both invasive and noninvasive tumors, definitive therapy is surgery, known as transurethral resection of the bladder tumor (TURBT). The cancerous bladder tissue is removed through a cystoscope as done for diagnosis. The bladder is then flushed with chemotherapy agent to kill any residual cancer cells in the bladder. This is then followed by BCG vaccine, which is again done 1 to 4 weeks for several months to avoid recurrence. In some cases, radiotherapy may also be included.
Bladder cancer BCG vaccination is once in a week for 6 weeks. Surgical removal of bladder is the best available treatment for muscle invasive bladder cancer.