Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Esther SureshYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor's I am 30 year's old guy facing a problem of memory I am unable to concentrate on the things and easily forgetting the thing's I heard that brahmi can be better solution for my problem please can you suggest me good remedy with dose and duration to regain my memory and concentration. ___awakening for your replay.
Sir I am a person who r thinking a girl which I love the most. Mai use bahut pyar krta hu but vo meri cousin nephew hao and I am hindu not muslim so yeh marriage ho skti h kya. Mai uske karan bahut depression mai hu 4 saal se aur raat ko sota hu to meri body full tight ho jati hai, aur mera head bahut jor se shake hota hai. Aur mai us ladki ko bhula nhi pa rha hu so pls help me.
I am 24 years old and I have a lot of family issue as well as relationship issue. Its like in both case I am avoided. My parents ignore me as well as my partner avoid me. I just feel like dying and I do not eat food for hours and days if something goes wrong and I just take pills to harm myself. Please help me.
I am 19 years old, from last two years am not able to concentrate on my studies. Am become nervous at every situation. Then what is God I have to do?
My father is suffering from Parkinson's disease from last 4 years is there any permanent cure for this disease his right hand and right leg shaking too much please guide me.
Having a mental problem can be very frightening and distressing. Person suffering from any kind of mental disorder may have a feeling that they are losing their mind, causing fear and sense of isolation. It is important to know that having a mental issue doesn't mean that you are going mad. There are various disorders and problems, which may arise relating to mental health. These problems can change the way you think and behave. Therefore, it is important to know what kind of disorder you are suffering from and what could be the reason behind it. The disorders are of different types and have different effects and symptoms.
Here are the different types of mental health problems:
- Anxiety disorders: People suffering from anxiety disorders are fearful while responding to certain objects and scenarios. Physical signs of panic and anxiety are present as well, which may include rapid sweating and rapid heartbeat. Treatment is required when a person cannot control his response and when his response is inappropriate. Anxiety disorder involves a general anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder and phobia.
- Mood disorders: These kinds of disorders are also known as affective disorders and the patients feel persistent feelings of depression and several periods of intense joy in a fluctuating manner. Depression, bipolar disorder and cyclothymic disorder are some common types of mood disorders.
- Psychotic disorders: In this kind of disorder, a patient experiences distorted awareness and thinking. Hallucinations or perceptions of unreal images or sounds and delusions are common symptoms of psychotic disorders. The most common psychotic disorder is schizophrenia.
- Eating disorders: Eating disorder incorporates extreme emotions, attitudes and abnormal behavior regarding food and weight. Common eating disorders include bulimia, anorexia nervosa and binge eating.
- Impulse control disorders: People with this kind of disorder usually work upon their impulse in an extreme way and cannot resist their impulse to carry out tasks, which may cause harm to them or to others. They include pyromania, kleptomania and compulsive gambling. Such people are likely to get addicted to drugs and alcohol and become deeply engrossed in these practices.
- Personality disorders: People affected by personality disorders possess extreme, inflexible traits in their personality, which cause distress to them and may cause problems in work, school and in social relationships. A person's thinking patterns and behavior change significantly from what is accepted by the society. Examples of personality disorders are antisocial personality disorder, paranoia and obsessive compulsive personality disorder.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder: People suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder or OCD suffer from constant fearful thoughts, which may affect the smooth functioning of everyday life. The patient gets obsessed with thoughts and performs some rituals, which are called compulsions.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: Post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD is a condition, which develops after a person has experienced or witnessed a traumatic event and cannot get over the thoughts of that event. Long lasting fearful thoughts are experienced in the event and the patient may become numb emotionally.
There are many forms of mental health problems and mental illnesses. They all have different effects on the mind and some are quite serious. Effective treatment should be taken in case of mental-health problems.
Hi Dr, I think I am suffering from depression case I can not sleep at night properly. Every time my mind is thinking about any ubbish thing. Some time I want to die still can not forget my fathers death. afraid of aloneness. When ever I am at my home and no one is with me I just want to cry. Do not. One more thing when ever I think over my Blood pressure decrease. When I am tense I want to take alcohol. Need some solution.
Today been diagnosed with bipolar and now have to stop taking cit and start on new meds so the journey begins all over again and still off work so all in all the mountain summit is getting further away.
Is Anxiety And stress some how increases blood sugar level even if a person is not suffering diabetics?
I suffer from myopia, - 6.5,-7 in left and right respectively. I want to know the drawbacks of lasik surgery as I want it done in Shankar Netralaya, Chennai. Whether there will be any complications? Would I be able to sit in administrative exams? In which field surgery is not acceptable?
I smoke from last 7 years, I had tried to quit smoking but can't quit. From last few times I quit the smoking for a week again I had started to smoke Pls help and suggest how should I quit my smoking habit.
I can't concentrate on one thing for more than 5 seconds. I feel strain in between my eyes. Kind of a headache. Have been going through this since childhood. Is there a cure?
I have a bad habit of chewing tobacco. And now I want to stop eating that. Can you say what steps should I take to stop chewing tobacco?
Feeling sad is one thing, but a persistent feeling of sadness can overtake your life, and is anything but healthy. Depression is not something to be ashamed of. It is a common condition, that can be treated if identified early.
Treatment of depression usually involves a combination of medication and psychotherapy. The effects of depression vary from person to person, but some symptoms are commonly experienced in all cases. These symptoms can be categorised as physical changes, behavioural changes, cognitive changes and emotional changes.
- Physical symptoms of depression: Feeling tired all the time is one of the most common symptoms of depression. The person may also have persistent headaches and sporadic muscle pains. Insomnia or sleep troubles are often associated with depression. This can further lead to significant fatigue, and a vicious cycle ensues. Sleep troubles can also lead to the formation of dark circles under the eyes, and make the patient’s skin look dull. Patients suffering from depression often find themselves losing weight due to a significant loss of appetite, or find themselves snacking excessively, and hence, putting on weight.
- Behavioural symptoms of depression: Depression can make a person withdraw from his or her friends and family and become a recluse. A loss of interest in activities that would usually excite the person is another characteristic symptom of depression. This condition can make a person unable to concentrate or focus on work and other activities, and hence, may affect productivity in school or the workplace. Depression can also make a person rely heavily on alcohol, sedatives etc.
- Cognitive symptoms of depression: Depression can make a person feel worthless, and leave them with a bleak outlook on life. A depressed person will often find himself or herself criticising themselves harshly for things that may or may not be their fault. This can make them increasingly more agitated or irritable. Depressed people may also turn to violence and trigger reckless behaviour such as gambling, substance abuse, reckless driving or taking up a rash sport.
- Emotional symptoms of depression: Feeling sad for no reason characterises depression. This sadness can overwhelm a person and make them feel guilty about indulging in anything that could make them happier. It can also make the person lose confidence in himself/herself, thus making him/her indecisive about simple decisions. Other emotions that are commonly experienced by depressed people include irritability, frustration, guilt, and disappointment.
A frequent but ignored symptom is thoughts of self-harm or suicide, leading to deliberate self-harm/suicide attempts. If you or someone you know suffers from any of the above symptoms, you may need help! Visit your Psychiatrist at the earliest to have yourself evaluated, and started on an appropriate course of management.