Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Esakki Ganesan
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Esakki GanesanYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old male daily 8 to 10 hours worked in front of the system have neck pain, What should I do?
I am 25years old female. I am suffering from stomach pain since 1 year. Earlier the pain was mild but since a 3 weeks it has become quite massive. The pain I feel is exactly in the middle of the stomach and some times it is in the lower abdomen. Along with this I constantly feel back pain which is very strong. I have already consulted with an orthopedic surgeon but, he advised that the pain is not due to any bone problem. For the stomach pain, I got the sonography report twice but nothing was diagnosed. Also, I have to use the urinal within max 20 mins interval. I request you to advice what can be the reason of the issues I have been facing and what could be the remedy for this. Your advice is highly appreciated. Regards, Nancy.
Do's for knee pain:
1. Make a habit of walking for 15-20 minutes twice a day.
2. Apply hot pack in painful area for 10-15 minutes.
3. Start taking calcium reach foods in diet such as milk, paneer etc.
4. Try using knee cap or knee braces if there is pain while walking.
5. Maintain normal healthy weight.
Dont's for knee pain:
1. Avoid running in high speed.
2. Avoid sitting cross legged.
3. Avoid sitting in low height chair.
4. Try to avoid stair climbing.
Also consider for physiotherapy exercises guided by physios for better results if the pain persists.
My father is 58yrs old his right hand have continue pain from shoulder to neck and full hand. No relief from medicines. What should I do?
Joints are intersections between bones; they provide support to your body during movement. There are a host of conditions which might lead to joint pain; they are bursitis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout. The most common joint pain disorders are knee pain, hip pain and shoulder pain.
Ayurveda associates joint pain with loss of bone density in the joints. This problem is characterized by a feeling of discomfort and cracking sounds. If the condition is not treated, it might lead to immobilization of the joint. The condition of the bones tends to deteriorate as they do not receive enough nutrition.
The other cause that leads to joint pain is toxin accumulation in the joints. As the toxin accumulates, it leads to heavy and stiff joints. If preventive measures are not taken on time, continuous accumulation of toxins may lead to swollen joints.
The various Ayurvedic remedies for joint pain are:
- Diet: Focus on eating foods especially that are salty, sour and sweet in taste. Add healthy foods such as rye and quinoa along with ghee as they pacify the "vata" in your body. Focus on natural foods such as vegetables and fruits to your diet.
- Herbs: Certain herbs such as turmeric help to treat joint pain. It contains curcumin that has anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing the pain. You may also consume fenugreek seeds for its antioxidant content and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make sure you exercise on a daily basis, do basic bodyweight exercises such as push-ups and squats to improve your strength. You may also start with yoga workouts to build flexibility and mobility in your body.
- Smoking and Alcohol: Limit smoking and alcohol consumption to keep your body healthy, and free from free radical damage. Alcohol may also cause you to put on weight, thus leading to obesity. Smoking may cause various problems in the lungs that may lead to breathing disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.