Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Eraiyannal
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. EraiyannalYour feedback matters!
She has very weak eye sight his number is + 5 and + 1 in both eyes So she will prefer to go to laser surgery or use spectacles in her whole life because she gets pain after some time when she works in computer or do study.
Am finding my eyes get weak because of excess use of computer, what should I do as preventive measure to avoid it or at least to improve the power of my eyes?
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
- Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
- It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
- It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
- The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
- ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL:
- The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
- The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
- ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long.
I have some problems on my eyes, It is mostly reddish color, Monthly once it causes so much irritation. What is the solution for that?
My name is shriram im suffering to eye disease when I Look anything continue I found that my eyes releasing Water so I want to know why this all is happening with Me?
Symptoms and treatment for Retinal Detachment
My name is Dr. Pandurang Kulkarni. I'm a Vitreoretinal Surgeon and Uveitis Specialist. I'll be talking about Retinal Detachment. A retina is a light sensitive tissue lying at the back of our eye. Light rays are focused on the retina where the impulses are produced and it is carried by an optic nerve to the brain where they are interpreted as images. Healthy and attached retina are necessary for clear vision. The middle of the eye is filled with a liquid called vitreous. It is in contact with the retina. As the age advances, the vitreous may shed and may separate from the retinal surface. Usually, the vitreous separation doesn't cause any problems but sometimes the separation can lead to the formation of breaks in the retina at one or multiple places.
Who is at a risk of developing retinal detachment? People with near sightedness, previous eye surgeries, severe eye trauma, family history of retinal detachment, retinal detachment in the fellow eye and presence of weak areas in the retina. Now, what are the symptoms of retinal detachment? A sudden increase in size or number of floatus, increase in flashes of light, drop in vision and appearance of shadow in the periphery of fluid transmission. The appearance of gray curtails like objects in the field of vision. Retinal detachment is a surgical condition. Retinal detachment is treated by pneumatic retinopathy, Sceral, Vitreo surgery or a combination of sceral and vitreous surgery. People at risk of retinal detachment should see an eye specialist regularly or at the onset of new symptoms which cause a problem in vision.
For more information, you can contact us through Lybrate.
I am 29 years old male having multiple gall bladder stones 4mm, no symptoms identified so far except slight yellow coloration of eyes. Stones identified during routine medical checkup, and not due to any symptoms. Please suggest me any treatment other than gallbladder removal.
We as human children are born with +4.00d power. This eye power helps us in better vision for distance and is essential for survival for both hunting and hunted animals to survive on earth. We have binocular vision meaning both eyes used together for focusing that give us depth sense. Thus, we are born hunters in order to survive on this earth.
But by evolution came agriculture to sustain us. Now we send our young toddlers to school at 3 years of age. Excelling at studies remain the aim. So nature improves our near vision. In the process our distance vision get blurry and we require minus power to look at the distance. Hence, in each successive generations population of myopia (minus power) is increasing.