Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. EllarasiYour feedback matters!
I am female pregnant 6 month second baby am 28 years am having infection in private part and very bad back pain.
Hi doc I'm 17 years old nd of 4.5 months pregnant advice me how to take care and pls help me how to do gender test at home?
I am 28 weeks pregnant. Yester day done esr test .first half 70 mm and second half 120. Is it normal.
I am married couple I had sex with my wife she got two time pregnant but both time she unable to carry more then seven week her pregnancy she take all test and find everything is ok then I doubt may have problems to me and my sperm and I have few pain in my testicle please give me advice.
I'm putting my weight and feeling very weak in my daily routine work please suggest me which types of diet should I follow or how to boost my strength.
Hello Doctor, Last month, I started doing more exercise. Lost around 1 kg and around abdomen. But now I am delayed on my period by 10 days. Did 5 home pregnancy tests and all are negative. Not involved in unsafe sex last month. So, attributed my delay in period to rigorous exercising. But pimples like never before. And some light white vaginal discharge. What is this discharge about, should I be worried for pregnancy. Also, I was diagnosed with mild pcod. Also, there was a small spotting last month around 14th day.
Welcome to spring summer season! The undeniably most popular season of the year is here. As winter melts into spring, the birds, bees, flowers, trees and human hearts are all nourished by more and more sunlight. We may bask in that sunlight, but often we find ourselves still sluggish from winter, with too much on our plates and seasonal allergies to boot! The wisdom of Ayurveda is here to help us balance the shift of seasons and get us glowing, not sneezing all spring.
Spring is also about new beginnings, setting roots that sustain us in summer and fall. This spring, let’s commit to sustaining and thriving- through balance, deep breaths, clean closets and cleansed bodies! In Ayurveda, the Indian classical Medicine used by yogi’s for thousands years, spring is ruled the elements fire and water, which combine to make pitta dosha or bodily constitution. In spring we work to shed the excess of winter and balance the amount of fire and water in our systems. Too much water combined with excess earth leaves us feeling heavy, muddy and full of toxins (ama). Too much fire and we’re angry, over heated, over doing, full of allergies and without enough time.
Too much fire and water at the same time leaves our bodies taxed, inflamed and pressurized (think sinus headache). Spring is ruled by the organs of liver and gallbladder, our main organs for cleansing and processing toxins. Our liver processes allergens that come from pollen and pollution, but if our liver is taxed, it has a hard time working as smoothly. Using Ayurveda we cool our heat with water, and cleanse with fire. When we are balanced we have healthy fire, creativity, action and ideas, and the coolness of water to stay hydrated and go with the flow. The wisdom of Ayurveda helps us live in balance with the season and the natural world around us, which is ultimate challenge in our modern urban world, however, it is so worth it!
Here are basic tips to get you going.
- Clear out your closet - clean your house: It sounds basic but de-cluttering your space will help you de-clutter your mind. They say the body is the temple of the mind, and it’s much easier to clean the temple of the body and mind when the literal temple of the home is clear. Get new plants and increase the amount of fresh green things in your living space.
- Clean your body: Spring is the perfect time for a mild Ayurvedic cleanse to reduce toxins (ama) from winter. Since spring is ruled by the organs liver and gallbladder, it the perfect time to give those organs a break. It’s like an oil change for your body.
Try cutting out sugar, alcohol, dairy, caffeine, cooked oils and red meat for 2 weeks just to give your body a break. The first 3 days are the hardest, it gets easier after that! Getting a friend or partner to join helps a lot too. Increase your intake of water, yoga, rest and alkaline foods (green veggies, fruits, whole grains, raw olive oil, avocados). If you have allergies, increase your intake of bitter, sour and astringent flavours. Bitter veggies (arugula, mustard greens, dandelion greens) support the liver and gallbladder, helping to cleanse the system. The excess of winter is all about sweet, heavy comfort foods. Now is the time to cleanse those out of the system.
The simplest pranayama practice is samma vrtti, count to 5 as you inhale and 5 as you exhale. Take a short pause after the inhale and after the exhale, as a reminder to pause and take space! If you feel especially hot, stressed or need to relax, lengthen the exhale (5 in, 8 out). 12 rounds of breath is perfect. Then sit or put your legs up for the remainder of the 10 minutes.
Doctor I am 30 years old married woman. Me n my husband both r physically fit. My husband is working 3 pm to 2 am in mnc. We r trying for baby for 2 years. Can night shift be a reason for no succession in conceiving?
When I press my right breast then white fluid comes and in all test there are normal but suggestive for duct ectasia but in ultrasound there show all normal but mild galactoria But prolactin level show high is 157 and I am unmarried and I am not pregnant and my age is 23 and I am suffering t.b also and doctor give me evion 200 capsule for breast discharge when press it. This medicine is for breast problem? Tell me.
At what days should I have sex to make my Wife pregnant as her periods falls from 30 to 35 days am trying but not succeeded suggest me?
What to do to Relieve Back Aches during Pregnancy?
Back pain is a common symptom seen during pregnancy. The pain mostly occurs in the lumbar region, the lower region of the spine. About half of the women who are pregnant may suffer from back pain during pregnancy.
Your provider may suggest you various methods and techniques to relieve your back pain. The treatment mainly includes medicines and physiotherapy.
Relieving Back Pain:
Many techniques used to manage back pain are accepted across the world. Treating the cause of pain is considered to be the best method. There are classes that focus on the basic anatomy, biomechanics, correct posture and relaxation methods. If they fail to give the desired results, then you may contact your provider and physical therapist for instructions on the same. Back pain cannot be prevented fully, but you can decrease the frequency and severity of the pain by:
- Practicing good posture: As the trimester advances the centre of gravity shifts forward. This may cause forward falling. Women usually compromise this falling by leaning back. This strains the back muscles. To correct this posture you should stand straight and tall, hold your chest high with shoulders relaxed. Avoid locking of your knees and widen your feet while standing. This prevents forward falling. Always choose a good comfortable chair with pillow while sitting.
- Heat and Cold: Using heat and cold is an effective way to relieve back pain. Start by placing a cold pack (pack of frozen peas) to the pain area for 15 to 20 minutes during the first few days. After 2 or 3 days apply hot packs for the same time. DO NOT apply heat to the abdomen.
- Exercises: Regular exercises not only strengthen the muscles but also boost healing of the strained muscles. The intensity of exercise depends upon your life style before and during pregnancy. Walking, Swimming, and Static Cycling are considered to be the best exercises to relieve back pain during pregnancy.
- Lifting: A proper lifting technique is very important to take care of. Always take care to bend your knees, keeping your back straight to pick up things. Always talk to your provider before lifting any heavy object.
- Counselling: Stress related back pain can always be relieved by talking to a counsellor.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture not only relieves pain during pregnancy but also helps in curing nausea. It is the safest method of managing back pain during the first two trimesters. Take care about certain points, which may induce labour. Researchers have also shown that acupuncture works far much better than heat, massage or any other form of exercise.
Ideally, you should always talk to your provider before you start any of the treatments.
When to call your Health Care Provider
Back pain usually relieves by itself in the first few days if the above treatment methods are followed with care. Contact your provider in case you suffer from:
- Pain that gets worse in spite of the treatment
- Numbness or tingling in the upper or lower limbs
Hi, I am 22 years old my question is- polycystic ovaries im my stomach. Please explain what is this and solution.
Every person faces ups and downs in life, the difference lies in how we deal with the low points of our life. Losing someone you love is probably the saddest experience anyone can go through. Our natural reaction to such a loss is grief. The more significant the loss; the more intense your grief will be. There is no right or wrong way to grieve and everyone grieves in a different way.
However, here are a few healthy ways you can cope with your loss to move on with your life.
1. Build a support system: When you are grieving, you may feel that nobody understands how you feel and would want to isolate yourself. Do not allow yourself to withdraw into a shell and instead build a support system of friends and family who you trust. You could also visit a counselor who is trained to deal with such situations. Joining a support group can also help.
2. Face your grief: Not allowing yourself to grieve can do more harm than good. You can suppress your grief for a short time but you cannot avoid it forever. The longer you avoid facing it, the more difficult it will be. Suppressing grief can also lead to a number of health problems such as depression, substance abuse and anxiety.
3. Look after your health: When grieving for the loss of a loved one, you may not feel hungry and may want to simply lie in bed all day. But you must instead get out, eat right and exercise regularly. When the body is healthy, you not only feel better physically but also emotionally. Avoid turning to alcohol and drugs to lift your mood.
4. Express yourself: Bottling up your emotions is never a good idea. However, sometimes talking about how you feel can be difficult. In such situations, look for alternate means of expressing yourself. For examples, you could try painting or start a scrapbook.
5. Look out for grief triggers: What makes coping with the loss of a loved one difficult is the fact that you share a number of life events with them. Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and festive occasions can bring back memories of the person and overwhelm you. To successfully heal, you must plan ahead for events like this that will trigger grief. Do not allow yourself to be alone at such times.
6. Seek professional help: Sometimes, when you are dealing with the loss of a loved one, you find yourself sinking into depression or find it difficult to resume your normal lifestyle. It is a good idea to consult a mental health practitioner or counselor.
Lam married women from 11 yrs, I have no children, we both are having normal reports, but still lam not conceiving, give me some advice.
My wife's period comes earlier by 5-10 days every month and the periods are too much painful, also there is some white fluids in the rest of the periods time. Kindly suggest.
Me and wife are having sex from past 8 to9 months, but she has not conceived, pls tell us any remedy.
In my ultrasonography report below remarks is dilated intra-heptic duct. What is this meaning? Can you please give me information?
Hi I am 25 year old .I got married a month ago. I want to reduce weight have pcod.Can anyone guide for weight loss ?
Have a good breakfast. Skipping breakfast particularly irritates sadhaka pitta, a subdosha of pitta. An imbalanced sadhaka pitta can result in irritability and unsettled emotions. According to ayurveda, it is recommended that fruits be eaten first thing in the morning, 30 minutes before other breakfast items such as hot cereal.