Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ElavarasiYour feedback matters!
I want to increase my height & my eyesight I'm wearing the specks & what will be the normal height & weight For health person.
Sir my age is 18yrs. My eyes are weak that the glasses no. Is -3.00. I want to wear contact lenses. So told me of this have any sideeffect. Or not. And tell me about lack or laser.
Hello Doctor, My Ms. Is suffering from dry eye since 2013. Due to medical reaction and she is still having dry eye. So,I hope you will suggest proper treatment. Thanks.
I hv developed glaucoma in left eye with a peripherial vision loss of 35%. What ayurved fees that the damage can be recovered or JUST LIKE ALLOPATHS IT ALSO HELPS IN PREVENTIG FURTHER DAMAGE. At present I am using allopathic eye drops XALATAN once daily in night and AYURVEDA drops n kashyam n table. Please advise.
Complaint with dry mouth and dry eyes confirmed as sjogren's syndrome since 2012. No improvement till today. Is anything to worry?
My wife is 63years old. She has intermittent unbearable pain from left lip to face till left eye. This is for last more than six months. Despite allopathy and homeopathy treatment it is continuing. Sometimes eating becomes very painful.
I have got a bacterial infection in eye. Doc prescribed moxifloxacin eye drop I used it 3 times daily for three week and stopped within two days it re appeared. So now I'm using moxifloxacin eye ailment for how long can I continue this.
I always feel sleepy and aalash, what is the problem in my eyes? Is any. And not able to do any work sincerely means get bored.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.