Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
I wear contact lenses abot 7 yrs. I wnt2 knw tht lasik lazr is a safe procdre? I am 25 years old if infutr my eyes power is reduce again thn wht2 do wht is the next procdre?
I have power problem in my eyes? How can I increase my eye power? Give me some solution Sir. Please reply fast sir.
Hi Doctor, I was pasting papers with some Fevicol Mr. After about 5 minutes, some of it was still on my finger and I flicked a little of it into my eye. I washed my hands and rinsed my eyes for a few seconds after that. I have no pain, just some feeling of a foreign body sensation, which is also easing up with rinsing. Should I do something else about it?
I have red over a 3 weeks there is so much pain on my eyes on sometimes it was very red nd drops of water all times flow from my eyes nd I am not able to seen properly.
I have a small injury under my left eye because of a bamboo stick, it was an accident, my cheek got swollen and the skin around my eye became violet in colour, how to get rid of the swelling and the clot immediately?
Hello doctor im not wearing any type of glasses but I just want to know from you which contact lenses and should I use to improve vision sharpness I mean which lenses power please recommend thax in advance.
Hi, my self himanshu and I am 24 When I was 3 year old I was hited by something at the upper side of my left eye, got 4 stitches Now that portion start paining suddenly any time I got blank I visit to doctors they always give different medicine tell why is this happening.
Night blindness is also called nyctalopia.It's a type of vision impairment. People with night blindness experience poor vision at night or in dimly lit environments. It is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying problem, usually a retina problem.
What Causes Night Blindness?
A number of eye conditions can cause night blindness, including:
- Nearsightedness or blurred vision when looking at faraway objects.
- Cataracts or clouding of the eye's lens.
- Retinitis pigmentosa, which occurs when dark pigment collects in your retina and creates tunnel vision.
- Vitamin A Deficiency
- Zinc Deficiency
- Dry Eyes
Are the Symptoms of Night Blindness?
The sole symptom of night blindness is difficulty seeing in the dark. You're more likely to experience night blindness when your eyes transition from a bright environment to an area of low light, such as when you leave a sunny sidewalk to enter a dimly lit restaurant. You're likely to experience poor vision when driving due to the intermittent brightness of headlights and streetlights on the road.
How can I Prevent Night Blindness?
You can't prevent night blindness that's the result of birth defects or genetic conditions, such as Usher syndrome. You can, however, properly monitor your blood sugar level and eat a balanced diet to make night blindness less likely.
Orange colored foods are excellent sources of vitamin A, including:
- Sweet potatoes
- Butternut squash
What are the Treatment Options for Night Blindness?
The treatment will depend on its causes.
- Nutrient deficiency (Vitamin A and Zinc) is the easiest to treat.
- If the cause is cataract, you can go for cataract surgery to remove the clouded lens and replace it with artificial intraocular lens. Vision is usually dramatically improved after surgery.
- For dry eye syndrome, lubricate your eyes with artificial tear drops as they provide instant relief. Just make sure that they are without preservatives.
- Diabetic retinopathy can be prevented with tight control over blood sugar, active lifestyle and good dietary habits.
- As for retinitis pigmentosa, unfortunately there are no treatments available. Thankfully, new research is showing that vitamin A might have a slowing effect on the progression of this eye disease.