Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. ElangovanYour feedback matters!
Sugar level in blood increase, more than 200 Also high blood pressure problem Please suggest natural foods to control bp & sugar in blood.
I'm on anti depressants for last 10 years now I want to stop them .how can I do that. As now i am free of depression. Also my bp remains low generally how can I deal with it?
Last two weeks I was on trip and drunk alcohol on regular basis but when I came back then gone through lft and lipid test and then my sgot and sgpt level higher than of normal range and its 85 and 90. And cholesterol level 190. What should I need to do.
My BP was 210/90 during treadmill Test. My normal BP is 132/90. sometimes heavy exercise it goes to 145/100 after fortnight it was 130/90. I need medicine for BP or this is a normal situation?
Hi sir I have a problem in ribs my right side ribs not as like as left side what I do. I didn't consult any doctor please help me.
I am a heart patients some time my heart beating so fast approx 135 time in one minutes so whats is reason.
I am 35 years old female. I have low blood pressure (120-55). What should I do and what should be normal blood pressure. What should I eat to improve my blood pressure.
Dear Sir, (Female age 41 yrs),I am having severe gastric problem causing severe headache very ofte. Today I am suffering from mild pain & heaviness in chest?
I am aged 62 years and i am having cholesterol for which i am taking AtorsaveEZ and Fenovas i am having hyper tension for which i am taking concorcor and Clavix AS150.Ihave been advised to take colchicin as my creatinine level and uric acid level is also little high, is it necessary to take this medicine for a long time .Will there be any side effects in future.May i discontinue the medicine. I am also reported to be having Hypothyroidism for which i am taking thryronorm 62.5mg.I feel because of taking these medicines i am getting scabies or fungus in the groins.Is it correct.Please advice.
I have undergone bypass surgery in the year 2015 n in the month of December. Can I consume chicken and mutton lever? I have checked my cholesterol level which is below normal.
I am 62, female-long term hypertensive- very active physically-my ECG reads- minimal ST elevation otherwise normal- what does that mean? Even a year back I did stress test perfectly. Should I do any more tests to rule out any heart problem?
Sir, I am 37 years old, I have undergone openheart surgery, aortic valve replace done on january 10, 2002, now I am leading a normal life like others.Please suggest further
Coronary artery disease, also known as coronary heart disease or CHD, is a kind of disease in which a wax-like substance called plaque, builds up in the coronary arteries.
Function of Coronary Artery
The task of coronary arteries is to supply oxygen rich blood to the heart muscles. When there is the growth of plaque in these arteries, the condition is termed as atherosclerosis. Plaque builds up over the years, and it hardens or ruptures with time. When plaque gets hardened, it narrows the coronary arteries and thus disrupts the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the heart muscles causing coronary heart diseases. Millions of people are diagnosed with heart diseases, nowadays.
Though it is true that living with a heart disease is not easy, it is not impossible either. Many people are successfully leading a happy life in spite of having such diseases. With some major changes in your lifestyle, food habits and with the help of exercises and a healthy diet, it is possible to enjoy a happy life, irrespective of your diseases.
Here are six ways that would help you to lead a better life, even if you have been diagnosed with coronary artery disease.
- Lifestyle changes: This is the first point that needs to be kept in mind if you are a CAD patient. Lifestyle changes are essential to make for a better health and life. Smoking and drinking have to be given up completely. It is advised to avoid secondary smoke, as much as possible.
- Exercises: This is the next important activity that needs to be a part of your daily routine to lead a healthy life. Consult with your doctor about the types of exercise that would suit your conditions. Some common exercises that would help are walking, jogging, and swimming, for at least 30 minutes at the most. Choose whichever activity you like doing. The motive of exercises is to get your heart-rate up.
- A Heart healthy diet: Get a chart prepared for your diet by a dietitian or by your doctor. This will keep your disease from getting worse. Stick to a heart-healthy eating plan, which consists of foods that can lower your risk of heart attack, stroke, etc. Include more fruits, vegetables, and other high fibre foods in your daily diet. Go for foods that are low in saturated fats, trans-fats, and cholesterol. Try to include fish into your diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese aggravates any disease. So it is important to keep your body weight perfect.
- Taking medicines as prescribed: It is important to take medicines regularly and as prescribed by the physician.
- Keeping tensions, anxiety to a minimum: These will make the situation worse if you are CAD patient. So try to keep tension and anxiety away and lead a healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.