Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. ElangoYour feedback matters!
I am smoking from past 8 Years and my age is 23 Years. I m feeling many times the dryness of my throat due to which I cant talk clearly. And my penis day by gets reduced.
About a 45 percent of adults snore occasionally, and although most people tend to ignore it, snoring is a problem that must be dealt with consideration. There are many families where one spouse snores and keeps the other person from a good night’s sleep. It has been reported that snoring can create severe disputes in marriage and one who snores must take steps to control snoring.
Snoring is not simply a nuisance, but a major proportion of individuals who snore are affected with obstructive sleep apnea by which breathing is disrupted while a person is fast asleep. This condition increases the risk of heart diseases. Fortunately, there are ways to control a person's snoring.
- Weight loss: Having a large neck circumference and being overweight increases the risk of pushing the fat down at the throat resulting in snoring. With a suitable weight loss training, one can control the snoring to a considerable extent.
- Altering sleep positions: Sleeping on the sides help in forbidding the tongue from resting backwards and blocking the throat while sleeping. Some specially created pillows can help the individuals from rolling back during sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake: Intake of alcohol contributes to further relaxation of muscles in the airways and collapse the path which makes snoring even worse. Limiting consumption of alcohol and avoiding to drink it at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed can reduce snoring to a significant extent.
- Stop smoking: Smoking invariably leads to nasal congestion as well as inflammation which in turn worsen snoring. If one is running out of reasons to avoid smoking, then this is one of the most convincing reasons to quit smoking and enjoy overall good health.
- Certain medications: There are some medicines, particularly sedatives and antihistamines are designed to have a relaxing effect and can, therefore, aggravate snoring. But it is advised to consult with the general physician before making any alterations in the medicine routine.
- Avoid opening the mouth: Those who are aware of snoring with the mouth open must avoid opening the mouth during sleep by using a specifically designed tape or adhesive for closing shut the mouth while sleeping.
- Using specialised device: The mandibular advancement device is specifically crafted for those who suffer from tongue-based snoring. This equipment helps in moving the jaw forward as well as prevent the tongue from blocking the backside of the throat while sleeping.
- Avoid nasal collapse: Those who suffer from nasal collapse must use some form of adhesive nasal dilator strip which has to be placed over the nose. This would aid in keeping the airways open as well as reduce snoring.
- Treat allergies: Inflammation, as well as nasal congestion triggered by allergies, is a common cause of snoring while sleeping. One must opt to do an allergy test to identify and reduce potential allergens in the area where the individual sleeps such as bedding type, pet hair, dust mites, wheat or dairy intolerance and lessen snoring.
Thus, snoring can be controlled before it becomes a problem.
Dr. please help me. My throat is paining a lot. Last night it was fine but when I woke up I n morning it is paining a lot. It has become reddish. Please consult me medicine. Please.
I am 40 years old. I used to get sore throat and forming of mucus. It happen all the year. How to prevent mucous forming? What are foods to avoid? And what to eat? Kindly reply.
I am 55 years old woman having small swelling and pain near my left side throat area. Please advice me to relieve the swelling and pain.
I am 23 yrs old and I am suffering from right ear blockage from last 2 days. I don't know the reason why I am not able hear anything from my right ear. Please help me.
Hi,. I am suffering from synus problem .When weather changes cough starts falling in my throat and because of this I feel weakness in my body . Due to this my pains badly. I am 29 years only plz tell me the solution.
I have pain in my throat due to which I couldn't eat or drink. Please suggest some medicine or remedy for this.
I am suffering from" sounds in ear continuously round the clock. Doctors said that it is tinnitus problem and there are no medicines. Please advise me.
Hi. I was hospitalized last month for dengue and acute bronchitis now I am suffering from sore throat or you can say irritation in throat and runny nose leading to often sneezing. I get this every month and now I really feel helpless as doctor said it's also because of low immunity. The last time when my throat was infected I visited ent doctor and he gave me few medicines [medicine name Saral-d with content Diclofenac potassium & serratiopeptidase tablets, medicine Cloff 250 with content Clarithromycin tablets IP, medicine Lukotas HD with content levocetirizine Montelukast & (SR) ambroxol hydrochloride tablets and lastly medicine Acebrobic with content acebrophylline capsules 100 my)] and also explained me some do's and don'ts. It was cured completely by these medicines I found these very helpful but again I'm getting throat pain and runny nose. Please suggest me some medicines which I can take whenever I get these symptoms as I hate going to the doctor again and again. What do I do I'm really fed up of taking medicines almost every month also I sometimes try home remedies which hardly helps for me?
Ho doctors I am suffering from a headache from last 3 month I was having migraine before and after vomiting I get relief from my headache now I have headache from last 3 month I have maxillary sinusitus with mild deviated nasal septum towards left I feel sleepy whole day I do not like to do anything when I walk I feel dizziness so I wat to know that this headache is due to sinusitus or it may be due to migraine I heard that migraine pain only last for 7 to 8 hrs a day but I have headache for whole day I am doin sinusitus treatment for last 3 month but no use please help.
Virus is the most common cause of pain in the throat or sore throat and it is often accompanied by cold symptoms like running nose, red watery eyes, cough and sneezing. Smoking, irritants in the air and pollution are the main causes of sore throat. It becomes very difficult to swallow food in such a condition when an individual experiences pain, itchiness or irritation in their throat.
The main causes of occurrence of sore throat include:
- Leukemia in exceptional cases
- Bacterial as well as Viral Infection as in Common Cold
Symptoms of Sore Throat:
- The Nasal passages get blocked
- Inability to gulp down food
- Severe pain in the throat which is followed by coughing
- Lymph glands get swollen
- Fever is followed by Chills
When to Visit the Doctor
It is very important to visit your doctor, if the pain in the throat lasts for longer time and it is accompanied by symptoms like joint pain, difficulty in breathing and fever. The primary symptom of sore throat is pain in the throat and other symptoms like hoarseness and white patches on the tonsils also occur under this condition. People of all age groups can get affected with this condition, but it affects mostly children and smokers. People with weak immune system and suffering from allergies are also prone to pain in the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.