Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Elagovan R

Cardiologist, Chennai

Dr. Elagovan R Cardiologist, Chennai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage....more
I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage.
More about Dr. Elagovan R
Dr. Elagovan R is a trusted Cardiologist in Chromepet, Chennai. You can meet Dr. Elagovan R personally at Akash Nursing Home in Chromepet, Chennai. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Elagovan R on has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Akash Nursing Home

No 234, G S T Road, Chrompet,Landmark:Near Anandha Kalyana Mandapam, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Elagovan R

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am suffering from thyroid since 20 years and hernia since 15 years also have High BP problem. She didn't got correct treatment even after showing at many places.

General Physician, Gurgaon
Tell me what medicine you are is taking for BP and thyroid? tell me where you have hernia as there are many type of hernia 1. Inguinal 2. Umbilical 3. Incisional What is her Latest BP reading? Have you gone For Thyroid function test recently consult me for further managment
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My Mom, aged 68, feeling twisting of hands and fingers. Checked BP. 150/60. What does this BP mean?

DHMS (Hons.)
Homeopath, Patna
Hello, BP of your mother is low. She might be suffering from Vit'D' deficiency. She should go for maintaining BP level. She should take nutritious diet. Tk, plenty of water. She should tk, rest. Tk, homoeopathic medicine: @.Rhus tox 200-6 pills, thrice. Tk, care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir. I am running 65years og age. I come across cabg in 29 aug 2015 and I anm diabetic since 1996 my hba1c floated 6 to 6.30 and hdl 35 to 38 ldl80 to 52 in every three monthinterval pathological test. Can I take egg in my diet with yoke or without yoke, my wt at present is 69.5kg with 163 cm ht. Kindly advice.

MD - Homeopathy
Homeopath, Pune
Hello sir, your cabg happened last year 2014 right? your hba1c is fine. Your weight and cholesterol along with history of heart disease, it is better to avoid yolk sac. From my view white of an egg is ok once a week, as it is also protein rich and tend to convert in fats take once a week. Also join cardiac rehabilitation programmes conducted by most of the 100 + bedded hospitals which will guide you better about exercise and diet. Along with the regular tablets do start homoeopathy which will help you to have better quality of life. Thanks.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi. I am 29 years old. I have high blood pressure problem in last 7 days. But I haven't experience this in my whole life. So please provide me solution how to reduce this bp problem present and in future too.

Cardiologist, Greater Noida
Dear lybrate-user, high bp may or may not produce symptoms. A significant proportion of pt with high bp live with it without knowing its presence in their body. A very large proportion in young hypertensive pt, hypertension is secondary to certain cause like hormone tumor, kidney disease, anxiety etc. Some of those causes are treatable so we need to know whether high bp is because of itself or due to anxiety or due to certain other disease. Treatment will depend upon the root cause. Life style modification should be given utmost priority. Low salt low calorie diet, smoking cessation will be given priority. Regular exercise, weight reduction, meditation & stress management will help a lot.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have pain in my upper stomach and also in chest. Pain is under chest bones Tell me what I have to do?

General Physician, Cuttack
It Could be due to Hyper acidity 1.Take bland diet, Avoid foods which cause acidity like spicy, oily, fatty and junk foods, onion, garlic, citrus fruit, tomato etc 2..Have proper Breakfast, Don’t skip or postpone your meal, Take home made food, Avoid food and water from outside, 3.Eat smaller meals at frequent intervals like 5-6 meals per day, and don't overeat. 4.Drink plenty of water. Take your meal regularly and timely. Avoid fasting, Don’t skip your breakfast. 5. Stop smoking, consumption of alcohol and tobacco, excess tea or coffee if you are having, 7. Avoid stress 8. Take one tablet of pan40 in the morning before breakfast daily for few days.9.Consult me for further advice
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What measures should be taken to control the high blood pressure and how to overcome with it.

Pulse Reader, Panchakarma, Naturopathy, Ayurveda, Keralian Therapy, Yoga, Dietitian
Ayurveda, Delhi
Crush 15 peaces of garlic and boil with 200 ml milk along with 200 ml water. Make it 200 ml and fiter it and take it bed time in luke warm position.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My father is suffering from liver cirrhosisand doctor is advising for ct angio wish to know about relevance and side effects of this test.

B.H.M.S., Senior Homeopath Consultant
Homeopath, Delhi
Please give him homoeopathic medicine - ocyl. 0/2 10 equal strength strocks put 10 to 25 drops in one or two teaspoon of water thrice a day for one month. Revert back after one month with feedback. Best wishes Dr. Mukesh singh.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mom is 46 years old and she is having high BP problem. She sometimes wakes up at middle of night and finds her head heavy. Suggest Mr. something to control it.

MBBS, DNB, Diploma Dyslipidemia, CCEBDM, CCMTD
General Physician, Gurgaon
With your symptoms as described I feel that her medication is not being given adequately. Get a home bp monitor and check her bp every 6 hourly when she is relaxing for atleast 1/2 hour. Then with bp readings and her present medication chart revert back. We can address her headache better.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have back and chest ane how could I get rid of that problem its there since 1year.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello, take mezerium 30 ch, 3 drops once daily. R- 60, 20 drops with water twice daily. Revert me after 10 days.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Now a days a continuously felt some pain near by by heart or heart burnt I not recognized that. What should I do. Please help.

Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MBBS
General Physician, Delhi
You had dengue a month ago. May be your food pipe is still weak. Eat nourishing but non bulky diet like diluted milk and curds, less fats and spices and soft vegetables and fruits. If worried about heart, do get checked for ecg, echo, stress test if you can tolerate it, cbc (reassure you about platelets, total counts, infections and anemia) blood sugar. Get back here with reports.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Whenever I start physical activities after a break of like 2 months, there is pain in the left side of my chest for the initial period of 1 week then the pain fades away.

General Physician, Mumbai
Dear Lybrateuser, - Whenever you start an activity first start with warm up for 5-10 min like if you want to jog, first do walking & gradually increase the pace, also increase the time & intensity of your activity after a week & build up to the target over a period of time - your pain could be due to muscular & other soft tissue problem, stop your activity till pain subsides - do hot fomentation of the affected area three times a day - apply pain relief gel three times a day - take a pain relief tablet after meals if pain is more - get your BP checked & ECG done if you are going to do vigorous activity.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 17years old and some chest pain and irregular beat occurs less at morning but I increases at night can this be a life threatening problem I am very thin and also having problems.

CLINICAL CARDIOLOGY, MD - Consultant Physician
Cardiologist, Surat
Hi. Heart related chest pain is very rare in your age group. And as you said, if you are feeling that your heart beats are irregular, you should do a ecg. It will tell us weather it is really related to heart or it is just sensations. Take care.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What I will do if I want to decrease my cholesterol level sugar level and our fat also?

B.H.M.S., Senior Homeopath Consultant
Homeopath, Delhi
Please take following medicines:- Cholestrinum 3X / 4 tabs thrice a day for one month. Syz. Jamb. Q / 10 drops in little water thrice a day for one month. Revert back after one month with feedback.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am male 23 years old. I lift too heavy in the gym. Pichle 2 hafton se meri mid chest me boht pain ho rahi hai. Maine apna blood pressure check karvaya vo normal hai. Sbb kehh rahe hai ki thand lgg gaye hai but muje ye dard ek din gym se ghar aakr shuru hui hai. Please medicine and solution batayen I am in too much pain.

M.B.B.S. , PG Diploma In Clinical Cardiology
Cardiologist, Delhi
: hello you pain in chest I not a cardiac pain its because of sprain in the musles of chest wall (musclar pain ),heavy weight lifting and gym some time causes injury to muscles you have to take non steroidal anti infammatory drugs for 5 to 6 days and you would be perfectly fine I can write a prescription to you only in private consults so you can contact me in private consult do not worry NSAID therapy for 5 days will make everything fine as off now do not do gym till you get my prescription and give rest to your upper chest and shoulder muscles.

I am 40 years old man and my height & weight are 177 cm and 74 kg. As per latest lipid report, my cholesterol is 274, triglyceride is 330, HDL-58, LDL-168, VLDL-55, and non HDL cholesterol is 223. I am non alcoholic, non smoker, non diabetic and I do not have any family history of heart disease. Please advice.

Diploma in Diet and Nutrition
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Hyderabad
Hi you are about 14 kgs overweight. Your cholesterol levels are little over the borderline but you can control it by diet and exercise. Even 10% reduction in weight can make lot of difference in your cholesterol levels. Family history of heart disease is not necessary. Eat 10-15 almonds every day. Eat two spoons for flaxseeds. Cut down oils and ghee from your diet. Avoid biscuits and pastries. And mutton etc. Cut down maida and white bread. Do 30-60 mins of exercise regularly monitor your cholesterol levels every 3 months. You can bring it down. No need to panic now but take care.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a patient of hypertension and diabetes 2. I am also taking meds for my anxiety disorder since 2005. Hence I am worried about my kidney n liver. How can I take care of them. - Nutrition Science
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Delhi
Hello Mr. Lybrate-user, first of all I would like to tell you don't be disappointed, there are so many people who are living with diabetes life long but it is under controlled with the help of medicine & diet planning. Had you done your hba1c? it should be in the range of 6-6.5% for good control of diabetes. There are some dietary changes that will help you. Take small & frequent meal. Take more & more green leafy vegetables. Avoid simple sugar & simple carbs in your diet. Avoid table salt in meal. Do not take chips, papad, pickel or any other salty products. Avoid oily/ fried / outside food. Take whole wheat products or fiber rich diet like daliya/ oats/ multigrain flour etc. Do regular walk/ exercise/ swimming/ jogging whatever you like atleast for 30 minutes. Take a consultation with the dietician. One most important thing regarding your kidney & liver, discuss with your treating doctor for lft (liver function test) & kft (kidney function test) test. I think you should go through complete annual/ half yearly health check-up.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Am 41 years old. Had a heart attack 5 years back. Undergone angioplasty. Am a smoker and use to take alcohol too, but my Lipid is still controlled. Cholesterol level is 96 only. How it is possible?

General Physician, Cuttack
You may be thin built and you may not be taking excess of fatty and cholesterol rich diet. Do a lipid profile test
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear sir, I am suffering from anxiety since 6 months, I am using beta locker tablet and depression tablet, now am looking ok, but I am getting some times chest pain. Would you suggest me how I long have to use these tablets. Does anxiety will stay for long. I am worried about that.

MD - General Medicine, MBBS
General Physician, Faridabad
Chest pain can be a symptom of anxiety itself. You need to tell your age and other risk of heart disease like diabetes, high blood pressure etc. If you are above 40 years age then you should get a ECG done to rule out angina I.e. Heart disease.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My cholesterol levels is 271 mg over dl and the app said high what should I do and how to make sure I don't get a acute heart failure while sleeping.

Homeopath, Thrissur
Cholesterol is a fat or lubricant of your body and it is essential for life and why it is increased in you is the question as per homoeopathic approach here. And there is also a fear of getting heart attack in this very young age of yours Rahim. Homoeopathic approach here is different from routine. As you study from school days that every diseae from cold to cancer is caused by altered immunity and your alterd immunity is determined by your genetic make up which has to be studied on consultation and a correct homoeopathic remedy is reached which will cure your cholesterol and the fear of heart attack too which arises from excessive anxiety.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My lipid profile is very high. Ldl 200, total cholesterol is 300, vldl is 52, hdl is 55 what can I do?

Ayurveda, Ambala
Your total cholesterol level is high. To reduce cholesterol in body : * Avoid Butter , Ghee & cream in your diet . * Eat five leaves of Kari patta and five leaves of neem once in a day . * Avoid non veg( chicken, fish) food because it contain high fat content. * Do running and jogging daily for 15 minutes . Start with 5 minutes then increase time period slowly.Do morning and evening walk daily . * Do not drink alcohol it harmful to your liver and disturb your metabolism causes increase in cholesterol. * Add Kali mirch( black pepper ) in your breakfast . * Drink 6 to 7 glass of water daily . * Take sound sleep in night of 6 to 7 hrs .Do not take stress . *Take one tablet of GUGGALU of HIMALAYA company once a day. You can consult me privately for more medicine treatment & doubts.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed