Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Edwin Fernando
Submit a review for Dr. Edwin FernandoYour feedback matters!
Sir Good morning I'm suffering from burning of my Penis and pain when urination. When I'm participating sexual with my wife that time my Penis was painful and burning so please tell me what's my problem and solution.
I usually urinate frequently. Even though I didn't consume much water, the same impact in case of preejaculation. Can pls advice me in this regard.
My mother is diabetes patient she is also having urine incontinence sometimes her urine fluid is red like but not actually a red what should I do?
As important as your kidneys are to your overall well-being, symptoms of their malfunction can be less noticeable. Yet, early detection is vital to prevent future complications and permanent kidney damage. Here are eight warning signs to let you know that your detoxifying organ is not working right:
- High Blood Pressure: High blood pressure is the most common sign of kidney disease, all patients suffering from high blood pressure should know there kidney function status. There is a high chance that they might be suffering from a kidney disease.
- Swelling: Fluid retention is a warning sign that something is up with your kidney function. One of the prime function of the kidney is to keep your body balanced and deliver nutrients through proper regulation of water. If the kidney is not working right, fluid can accumulate in your tissues and you will notice swelling in ankles, feet, face, legs or hands.
- Urine: Afterall, producing urine is one of the main functions of the kidney, so it makes sense to pay attention to your urinary output. If you see the following changes in your urine, then it might signal a kidney problem
- Difficulty in urinating
- Blood in your urine
- Less frequent urination and darker output
- Increased urination and light-coloured output
- Foamy or bubbly urine
- Waking up during the night with urgent need to go, at times more than once
- Nausea: Without a proper outlet to disperse the toxins out of your body, your system may feel the need to expel them through other forms. You may feel nauseated or even vomit due to excessive toxin build-up in your system.
- Fatigue: Everyone has a day when they feel tired, but long-term fatigue is definitely not right. Tiredness or fatigue is produced by a lack of hormone called EPO or erythropoietin that stimulates the production of red blood cells. Stressed kidneys do not produce enough erythropoietin, thereby making you feel very tired.
- Itchy Rashes: When the garbage piles up in the system, it can result in itchy patches in your skin. Unlike normal rashes, these are deep and topical treatment will not help that much. At times they can also manifest as small red bumps.
- Anaemia: If kidneys do not produce enough red blood stimulating EPO, it can lead to anemia. Anemia can make you feel dizzy or winded out.
- Poor Appetite and Bad Taste in Mouth: The excessive build-up of toxins can cause a metallic taste in your mouth, producing bad breath. Your sense of taste can also fall because of this, leading to dull appetite.
It is always a good idea to heed early warning signs and prevent damage. So, pay attention to these signs and keep your renal system up.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!