Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Edwin FernandoYour feedback matters!
I have noticed blood in urine from last few days and have a burning sensation too. And periods also heavy bleeding. Please advice. My age is 50 years.
I have kidney stone problem from last 1 month. What should I do to remove it or get relief from this pain?
I have a Enlarge Prostate where I do get frequent urination. I get up 3-4 times @ night for urination. Sometime I just finish urination and I feel like I did not finish and I go back for urination. My PSA level is Normal, What should I do in this case. I am 65 years old.
I drink 3 ltrs of waters with a gap of 5 hours. When I drink a ltr of water my urine turns into clear or slight yellowish in color but after two or more pee it turns into deep orange color again. Is it normal? if I dnt drink water within 3-4 hrs my urine turns deep orange color. I have frequent UTI.
Hi I am 25 years old my creatinine serum was. 98 before 1.5 years ago and 1.2 before 1 year ago and now it is 1.3. Whats its indicate there is any thing to worry.
My mom is diagnosed with kidney stone which measure about 5.2 & 4.7. What medication and diet should be taken to remove d stone without blasting.
Hello I am suffering from kidney stone from past 3 months. I was also operated one for same. For some reason stone is getting formed in my body within a very sort span of time, after I started with medication. So 1st new stone was formed after 10 days of surgery 2nd new stone was formed after 25 to 30 days of surgery and now the latest new stone is formed after 2 months. I currently have 5 stones in my body and 3 stones are already removed. Quick formation of stone is normal? I am really worried Is there bay remedy to this I am already on vaccination.
I am a lady of 67 years and having swollen feet for past 4 days. Earlier because of sleepiness in the night I took sleeping pills for two consecutive days. Because of this I could not urinate in the night, which I generally do. Please suggest best way to get rid of it.
Will milk and curd are harmful for kidney if so how and in what way and should that be avoided. If taken moderately will that impact kidney functioning if one is diabetic.
My father is 89 yrs old yesterday noticed blood in urine. On docters advice zenflox uti selate t flowkind were given in night. Now he is alright noticed no blood in morning. Advice what to do
My face is suffering from stone type acne which is caused by masturbation I think. Plzzz suggest me any medicine which really reduced my acne problem.
Hi I am having problem. Of kidney stone details as below Left kidney 3.9 mm mid pole Right kidney 5.5 mm lower pole Pls suggest medicine for this ,will it be dissolved in medicine.
Hi! I am 28 years old. Last January 2016 I had surgery of renal calculus on left kidney. After the surgery, I am having pain in the same area. I consulted with same doctor, but nothing came out in ultrasound and xray. It was normal. But frankly telling, m not feeling good. The pain is coming and after few days, it vanishes. Recently I shifted to bangalore, consulted with another doctor. He suggested for Mri scanning. But there also report normal. However, since 1 month I am feeling something in the same area. Itching also started. Please suggest something. I am very much tensed.
Hi doctor I am suffering from kidney stone from last 3 years and I had 1ce laser operation 6 month before still I experience same symptoms again I am suffering from stomach pain so please help me doctor. I use to go toilet continuously.
I am sufferings from motion seek ness. Daily I spend more than one hour per day in toilet. I will go 2 times . I diagnosed coloscopy and scan BT there is no problem. I have taken more than 4 LTS of water daily. Pkz suggest the solution. Thank you.
The urinary tract starts from the kidneys to the urethra where urine is passed out. Given the rich concentration of minerals and toxic wastes, it is highly prone to multiple infections. UTI, as urinary tract infections are often referred to, is one of the most common infections. In women, especially, every 1 in 2 women is affected by an UTI. Whichever part of the tract is affected, the symptoms and treatment are mostly the same. Read on to know some of the most common symptoms and treatment options for these.
- A burning sensation with urination
- Pain with urination
- Burning sensation or pain in the urethra or vagina
- Frequent urge to urinate, though not much urine is passed out
- Sense of incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Pain in the lower back on the sides of the spine
- Change in the urine characteristics color, smell, or appearance
- Fever or chills, maybe associated with shivering, nausea and vomiting
Most urinary tract infections are bacterial in nature, and these could find their way into the body through multiple ways.
- The most common is through the urethra, which could happen due to unclean toilet habits.
- Women especially are advised to wipe the urethra after each toilet visit. The bacteria from the feces can also enter the urethra due to close proximity
- Use of unclean public toilets is another reason for UTIs
Though most often UTI does not require specific testing, the following are useful in confirming the diagnosis.
- Culture and sensitivity: The urine is sent for a culture to identify the exact organism that has caused the infection. It also helps identify the right antibiotic which will help bring the infection under control.
USG of Abdomen and KUB (Kidney; Ureter and Bladder) to look for Pyelonephritis; Cystitis.
UTIs are very common infections and though there is nothing to worry, it should be cleared completely.
- Antibiotic course to get rid of the infection. Though you begin to feel better, the complete course should be completed to clear the infection.
- Following culture testing to ensure the infection is cleared
- Improve water intake to get rid of the toxins
- Fever and pain to be controlled with medications
- Healthy hygiene habits to ensure clearing of infection
Recurrent UTIs is a common problem, and the following can help prevent.
- Ensure complete emptying of the bladder
- Drink adequate water
- Safe toilet habits, including before and after sex
- Comfortable and clean underwear to prevent infection
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!