Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My wife is pregnant from 3 months. We were up for urine infection test of my wife. In urine test report. .albumin 150 mg / dl & puss cells 5-8 / hpf > 5 .Is there any kind of danger for my wife n for my baby.Please tell sir .
My son 7 years old is having problem that he can not control his urine. Although he tries a lot but he can not control and it comes out. It affects his daily routine. Doctors say that his sack that contains urine is small and thats why it flows out. What can be done.
My age is 17 yrs. Sperms are getting out with my urine. What to do. Is there any benefit of using v-shaped underwear.
I have bubbles in my urine for 20 days. I consult doctor and he did urine r/e test which is normal. After this he said all ok No worry. But I am not satisfied. I did ultrasound it shows My prostate is 27.8gm and volume is 25cc. My post void urine is 47cc. Again I consult my doctor. Again he said it is normal. He give me ciproflaxin for 10 days. And I do not have bubbles in my urine after this. But Prostate gives me alot of stress. I do not have any urinary symptoms. Is my prostate enlarged in size? I am 25 years old and suffering from lot of stress. Is my prostate enlarged due to stress? Is ir comes in original size 20gm instead of 27.8gm when stress gone? please give your valuable advice.
I am a male aged 58. I have prostate problem with a slow speed urination. If I will not urinate when I feel to do so, urination will happen only in installments. I have no sleep problem or other symptoms of this disease. Can any medication improve my urination speed. My disease is almost 6 years old.
I am passing urine on bed at the time when i am slept,i didn't know the urine coming.what is my problem?
I need a homeopathy cure for urethral inflammation occurring repeatedly due to hot weather effect or due to taking food having hot effect like Meat, garlic. Ginger, Onion or spices like Cloves, Cinnamon etc. Actually the skin in the urethra is inflamed as I have a skin problem & the urine contains stink due to which I loose weight & vigour. I am 70 years old. I had a case of suppressed Gonorrhea. I don't use antibiotics as it has developed resistance. Previously I use to take R 21+R 1+ Sharda boiron biochemic formulation 20+ hydrates Q which use to give relief. But now this not proving effective. Due to this urethritis I also get psoriasis like skin problems on hands & elbows which subside the moment urethral problems is over. I am now taking Echnacea Q to with cant 200 to escape burning. Now need a skin healing medicine. Thanks.
Urinary incontinence, commonly known as loss of bladder control can really cause embarrassment. The severity of this condition may range from once in a while leaky urine to the sudden and forceful urge to urinate, due to which you end up urinating before reaching the toilet.
Types of Urinary Incontinence:
- Stress Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate due to sneezing, coughing, laughing or while doing physical exercise
- Urge Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate, suddenly. This may occur during the day and even at night.
- Functional Incontinence: When you cannot reach the toilet on time because of a physical or mental impairment.
- Mixed Incontinence: When you involuntarily urinate due to more than one incontinence
Stress incontinence is the most common type in women. The activities which increase your risk, are:
You have had more than one pregnancy and vaginal delivery.
You have pelvic prolapse. This is when your bladder, urethra, or rectum slide into the vagina. Delivering a baby can cause nerve or tissue damage in the pelvic area. This can lead to pelvic prolapse months or years after delivery.
Female urinary stress incontinence is the involuntary release of urine during any physical activity that puts pressure on your bladder. This potentially embarrassing condition differs from general incontinence in that it happens when the body is under immediate physical stress. Activities that can put stress on your bladder include coughing, sneezing, laughing, lifting heavy objects, or bending over. This condition is particular to women, many of whom experience symptoms after muscles have been weakened due to a vaginal childbirth, following menopause, or during pregnancy.
Ensure that you consult a doctor:
- If this condition hinders your day to day activities
- If the urinary incontinence is the result of a serious underlying problem
Causes of Urinary Incontinence:
Urinary incontinence may be temporary or permanent. Causes for temporary incontinence are-
- Caffeine and caffeinated drinks
- Decaffeinated tea or coffee
- Spicy and sugary foods
- High intake of Vitamin B or C
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Causes for Permanent Incontinence are:
- Old age
- Prostate cancer
- Enlarged prostate
- Neurological disorders
Chronic urinary incontinence can lead to certain complications like:
- Skin Problems: Skin rashes and infections can develop around the vaginal area, because of the constant wetness one feels. It may also cause sores.
- Urinary Tract Infections: Urinary incontinence can also result in UTI
- Impact on Personal and Social Life: Urinary incontinence can lead to great embarrassment, thus affecting the social and personal life of an individual.
Treatment for Female Stress Urinary Incontinence:
There are several types of treatment available. Treatment options include lifestyle changes, medications, nonsurgical treatments, and surgeries.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make regular trips to the restroom to reduce the chance of urine leakage. Drink fewer fluids and avoid activities such as jumping and running.
- Medications: Medications that reduce bladder contractions.
- Nonsurgical Treatments: Kegel exercises strengthen your pelvic muscles. Done regularly, these exercises can strengthen your muscles, allowing you to control when urine is released from your body.
If other treatments fail, you will have to go for surgical treatment. Types of surgery include:
- injectable therapy, in which collagen is injected into your urethra to reduce incontinence
- tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) surgery, in which mesh is placed around the urethra to give it support
- vaginal sling surgery, in which a sling is placed around the urethra to support it
- anterior or para-vaginal vaginal repair surgery to repair a bladder that is bulging into the vaginal canal
- retropubic suspension surgery to move the bladder and urethra back into their normal positions
Some doctors even try electrical stimulation and medication. When the condition is highly advanced interventional therapies and surgery is recommended.
Some interventional therapies are:
- Bulking material injections
- Botulinum toxin Type-A
- Nerve stimulators
I am a 74 year man with diabetes since 25 years and it is under control by medicines and insulin injections. If I make long travels by car, I want to urgently use toilets on the way for passing stools. If I could not see a toilet I usually passes in my underwear and pants while in the car itself. It has become a regular habit now resulting in difficult situations. Kindly advise whether it is due to irritable bowel syndrome and what is the remedial measure I can follow before or in a journey. When the urge comes I cannot control it.
I am 26 year old last year I am operate our rebel stone through scopic method with dj stent now my operation side feel itching.
1) My left ear dum have hole. But the ear is dry for the past 3 years. Wil it cause any issue. 2) I have lower back pain urinating disc L4-S1. I started walking. Zym coach says it will cure automatically. Please advice. 3) I have stone 5.8 mm in left kidney. Its blocking urine. Its near tip of bladder. Due to that kidney got kettle swell. Doctor said it will fall down and gave medicines for 10 days. Using medicines for now.
I am 42 Old male, I m having frequent urination problem, once its there I can not hold it, please suggest.
I'm 23 years male. I used to pass urine in red color once in every 2days in the morning. I have seen that 3times and I went to Urologist he have advised me to undergo three tests like xray kub ultrasound kub blood creatinine and urine complete analysis tests he found nothing in tests all came normal and he referred me to a nephrologist and he advised me to undergo 6tests for urine and blood and all tests came normal and he advised me to use two tablets for one month q ten (coenzyme, I carnitine, vitamin e) and clear nu (acetylcysteine & taurine) from the next day my urine is passing in white and in the morning it's yellow may be due to Q10 tablet. But some times middle of the day it is allow. Not all the times. Only few times it is yellow. What does it mean. I'm I alright? I'm feeling alright no fever no tiredness. But small pinching type feeling at back. It has been 6days since I'm using tablets. Is my doctor hiding anything from me? Please help.
Hi My age is 69, BP from 20 yes and sugar from 20 yes. Kidney transplant done in August 2003. In two the foots amputation is done for 3 fingers in one foot and all the fingers in another foot. Now his creatinine position is 3. 3. He is taking tab. Sandimum Neoral 75 mg two times a day and tab. Cellcept 250mg three times a day. Not sure why his creatinine levels are up. Can you please advise what can be done now to bring the serum creatinine levels to normal?
In urine time I face some problem. If any one near me I can not urinate in that time. If nobody is there I can urinate .iam facing this problem from 3 years. There is no other prblm. If I go outside the town or goin for a trip I face this problem majorly so I have to search a place where nobody is there. I very sad about this. Please help me. I want to avoid this problem. What I have to do.
I am 58 years old person. I have very slow urine passing problem. Hospital has suggested for the operation. Any remedy with you apart from this.
I am 20 years old. I go to urinate very often. My urine comes stoppingly. I don't feel satisfied after urinating. Sometimes drop of urine comes out at anytime. What should I do.
Many kidney stone formers, especially women with kidney stones, question whether to stop or reduce their calcium intake.
Despite the fact that calcium is a major component of 75% of stones, excessive calcium intake is very rarely the cause of stone formation.
In fact, several studies have shown that restricting calcium intake in most stone formers actually increases the number of stones they develop.
This appears to happen because when less calcium is ingested, it becomes easier for oxalate (which normally binds with calcium in the gut) to be absorbed. Higher levels of oxalate in the urine then lead to an increase in stone risk.