Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. E ShathimurthiYour feedback matters!
Don?t buy this one
?I can so do my homework better with the TV or radio on.? Smart kids would get an even better grade without it. Any speech or speech-like sounds automatically use up part of your brain?s attention capacity, whether you are aware of it or not.
Everybody forgets what they went into the
next room to get
It isn?t a problem with memory. Usually, it?s a matter of something psychologists call interference or divided attention. If you step on the cat you forget the drink of water you got up for.
A trick to recall what you just forgot
Trace your movements back in your mind. Picture what you were just doing and where you were. Work back inside your memory step by step until you find it. Pop! You will remember why you are standing there with the fridge door open.
The ?White Noise? machine
White noise is a blended spray of sounds representing the entire range of audible frequency. Since it has no patterns to it your brain ignores it easily. Machines that generate white noise mask other potentially distracting sounds. A TV set is not white noise unless the sound is off and the screen is in another room.
Why you can?t remember the first film of a double-feature
One meaningful bunch of information often gets temporarily blanked out by the next batch you try to learn. That interference is only temporary; take breaks so that the facts you are studying won?t interfere with one another as you study them. Interference also works the other way. For example, when your friend gets a new telephone number, the old one will still be so familiar to you that it?s hard to remember the new one right away.
Where young brains have an edge
For anyone, it can be difficult to pay attention to more than one thing at once. That?s especially true if the two things are similar. Experiments with divided attention tasks show that the ability to filter out distractions and juggle competing demands on our attention is one of the most fragile kinds of skill we possess. The ability to cope with this kind of task typically begins to decline between ages 30 and 40.
Don?t study on an empty stomach
Glucose improves memory, even for people with Alzheimer?s. That?s why memory formation is better after a meal. But eat light at lunch if you work all day. Digestion robs fuel from the brain.
Working memory workout
Here?s a departure from your usual routine for solving a crossword puzzle. Try it with a relatively easy puzzle. Go through the clues and figure out as many of their solutions as you can in your head, without filling them in. Then cover the clues and try to fill in the grid from memory.
Use it or lose it
The kinds of skills that tend to weaken with age are ones that, at any age, must be used to maintain them. Your brain adds physical capacity, just as your other physical systems do. Capacity grows when you work hard. You can get your brain back ?in shape? but it won?t stay there without regular effort. That?s a spiral that can go up or down, depending on the choices you make.
What do ?photographic? memory geniuses have going for them?
People who use memorization tricks often seem to have a bigger memory. They worked to learn data that helps them shortcut long calculations, for example. Or they develop visual memory so they can visualize the objects that words represent. Tricks that improve everyday performance do not, as a rule, improve the brain?s automatic ability to store and recall data. On the other hand, if the tricks become automatic and habitual, people who use those tricks do have a good memory in practice.
Pills for better memory
Some research has found evidence that taking painkillers such as ibuprofen ? collectively known as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) ? protect against Alzheimer?s disease because they reduce inflammation in the nerve cells. Antioxidants, such as vitamin E also seem to help.
Visualize it if you want to remember it
Your brain knew how to remember what something looked like way before it learned what to name it. So use those primitive visual powers any way you can to tag new things you want to remember. Think of names and other words as shorthand for the real thing you can see in your mind?s eye.
I have chest burning and severe heart rate many are saying its case of anxiety Please suggest how to cure it?
I am suffering from back pain for two years. I have used many types of medicine but I couldn't find solution pls help me.
A hair transplant surgery is one that helps in moving the hair follicles from one site of the donor's body to the scalp of the donor, so as to help in better hair growth. This is typically used to fix balding and hair loss issues including male pattern balding. This surgical hair transplant process does not act on the epidermis or dermal layer of the scalp. The longevity of a hair transplant procedure generally depends on the type of procedure that has been carried out.
So let us know more about the procedure and how long it may last:
- Pre operative Assessment: The surgeon will do a detailed analysis of the scalp of the patient so as to understand the cause of hair loss. This will also help the doctor in suggesting what kind of procedure will be required and whether or not the patient will need single or multiple sessions.
- Harvesting Methods: With mild sedation, this simple outpatient method ensures that the scalp is properly cleaned before the extraction and implantation of hair follicles takes place. The angle of the hair growth is studied so that the transplant may happen at the same angle so as to ensure that the new hair also grows similarly to make it look as natural as possible.
- Strip Harvesting: With this method, the hair follicles from the donor site are removed and a strip of skin is harvested from the posterior scalp where there is good hair growth. In this method, the doctor or surgeon will usually make use of binocular Stereo microscopes to remove the excess fatty and fibrous tissue. All the while, the doctor will ensure that no damage is accorded to the follicular cells during the grafting process. This is also known as 'Trichophytic Closure'.
- Follicular Unit Extraction: When one or four hairs are extracted using local anaesthesia, the process of harvesting is known as follicular unit extraction. This can take any number of hours depending on the number of grafts which may also go up to 200! These grafts are usually called micrografts and are said to last the rest of the patient's lifetime. The hair that has been harvested in this process will be nourished by the normal blood flow to the scalp, much like the rest of the patient's hair. After the surgery, it takes a while for the hair growth to show.
- Genetic Hair Loss: While the hair transplant method may be permanent, one must remember that the genetic hair loss of the patient is a permanent process as well. The hair transplant may ensure that the hair grows back, but it cannot prevent one's hair loss due to genetic factors.
Penis was bend from any accident so what precaution for this or any treatment for straight again or this is no big issue? Please solve this query.
Sir im a boy nd I masturbate once a week so girl can also masturbate once a week its a ques. Thats it.
I had a sexual relationship with my girlfriend. Without condom and any tablets. what is the safe day in period circle.
Hi. I am masturbating from last 4 years. Now I am suffering from the effect. How long will it take to recover from this?
I have fixed in mind strongly that I'm worth nothing in this world. How to come out of this. I am not able get job from past 2years.
As I am 66 years male I have erection problem what do I have to get proper erection. Please help me doctor with your free advise. Thank you.
I have problems with my hair fall what precautions I should take care to avoid it and keep it healthy.
I accidentally punched an iron door. It hurts me at the mcp joint from the fore finger. What measures shall I take to reduce the pain at home?
I am wearing spectacles then also sometimes I am getting eye pain. Can any one give solution for my headache.
Hi, my age is 28 and suffering heavy hair fall. Shall I go for head shave and maintain for a year or two, so that hair fall will stop. Give me remedies for that.
Blood is comes from my teeth when I wake up after sleeping what should I do please tell me its solution.
I haven't sleep for last 1 week since my exams are on my head I really want to know what can I do to solve this problem.
Sir I am a alcoholic person but I decided that if I quit it today or start martial arts from tomorrow then tell me it is my right choice or not to start it from tomorrow?
Compelling urge to get physical with your partner that is an aberration from what is expected of a person, that is to say usual genital arousal for a phenotypically normal, physically of age and consenting human counterpart, is referred to as Paraphilia or sexual perversion. This condition lives up to the standards of a disabling problem when it hampers the overall health of a person, leads to psychological setback or victimization of another individual (read more for healthy sexual life).
Psychological impacts of going through such a condition
1. The perpetrator of the variation may or may not see this as a condition: The person suffering from this condition may or may not treat it as a problem. In both ways, it is harmful. Knowing it as a problem and not seeking treatment or assistance can be harmful for oneself and others. Not realizing that you are subject to a serious sexual condition might propel you to commit wrong to non- consensual partners while being confident about your ways.
2. Social ostracization kills them: Coming in the open with a sexual fantasy that is not acceptable to the society can leave you with varied reactions. People might be incited to attack you for being unusual or they might isolate you. The latter is a probable outcome. Rarely does society guide you towards betterment in such cases. Social ostracization can result in deep rooted hatred for the world at large.
3. Perpetual humiliation can push them more into Paraphilia: Humiliation for being different from the rest can make a person feel shame. Shame and constant regret cannot help an instance of sexual perversion. It can make a man or woman more obstinate. In such a situation a person would strongly cling to his or her condition feeling extremely dejected.
4. 'To be or not to be' haunts people suffering from Paraphilia: Many times a sufferer is not able to understand what is wrong in having objectionable sexual behavioral tendencies and fantasies. As long as your fantasies are limited to your own mental domain or are performed on a consensual partner, there are no complications. The minute an obnoxious sexual urge is performed leading to personal or public harm, a threatening hitch arises.
5. Problems in expressing oneself can make a person suicidal: To adhere to societal norms a person might keep his desires on a leash. This kind of compromising over a long span of time will make a person depressive and may also prompt him to commit suicide.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.