Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. E Nithya JagdishYour feedback matters!
I have sensitivity in my teeth so please give me suggestions about about this problem. I have face this problem about 6 months.
I have tooth pain.I have already taken root canal treatment. Could you pl.Suggest antibiotic tablet for the same.
I have the problem of getting ulcers on my mouth frequently. I got ulcers within every week. M not able to eating talk properly with this problem. Is there any Sol. I had some tube that is sometime helpful. I'm using zytee and orasep gel. I am so worried that even though using these medicos I'm not able to got free from ulcers. Is this is serious issue? I got mouth cancer? Help! Me.
A person's looks can be greatly dented by presence of a missing tooth. The effect often trickles to denting their speaking, eating and ultimately their self-esteem. Health wise they will compromise the oral health of a person for there will be increased pressure on the adjacent teeth which may impact negatively on the bone structure that supports it. While there are traditional remedies for countering this such as using crowns and bridges, many users find them uncomfortable and limiting. Besides, they don't avail the permanent function they are expected to as replacement teeth. Thanks to modern science though, dental implant surgery is now possible to provide patients with functional tooth restorations that are long lasting.
What are dental implants?
These are basically artificial tooth roots that are placed into the jaws of patients with missing teeth so that they can hold replacement teeth. The artificial roots will be cemented such that they will blend in with the existing jaw to become a part of your mouth. They are usually placed during dental surgery where titanium will be placed in the jawbone that will then fuse with the existing jawbone to provide a strong foundation for the replacement tooth.
Situation you may need implants...
There are various situations that put people in need of dental implants and replacement tooth. First is when they need to replace a damaged tooth. You could also get one when you want to eliminate weak teeth in your mouth, replace a damaged tooth or want to replace a knocked out tooth that may have experienced trauma. Also, you could get a dental implant when you want to take care of weak teeth that result from bone loss due to any gum disease.
What the procedure involves?
First, the patient has to visit a doctor for assessment on whether he is the right candidate for the procedure. If you are, the doctor will determine if other procedures need to be performed before the surgery such as bone grafting; especially if your bone structure is weak. The doctor may use dental x-rays to determine if the gums are strong enough to withstand implants. Then the bone will be drilled if it's ready to create room for implant placement. Thereafter, the area will be left sutured for about a week so that implants are firmly in place and then removed. After the gum has healed, a metallic post is then placed, which will offer support to the crown that will be laced to act as the replacement tooth.
With proper oral health, dental implants can last a really long time. Brush and floss daily so that no materials accumulate under the implant. For anyone suffering from damaged tooth, dental implants are the solution. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
Hi doctors, I am planning to use a permanent vampire fangs. Is it possible to implement with out taking my existing teeth. What will be the cost of this vampire fang. I am planning for a simple small sharp teeth not the longer one Thanks.
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, visit your dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.