Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Durga ShreeYour feedback matters!
Am 52 years young lady. April 8 had Bleeding (menstruation) after two years was like any normal periods before my menopause my periods were normal N regular and stopped abruptly two years back no spotting nothing. Near my vagina feel pain very very slight since two weeks pl guide. No intercourse since two months.
Hello sir, I am taking metformin 500 mg twice daily wid folic acid. Fast ser insulin is 21. Taking this med since 4 month. Am I on right way. Is 21 a big problem for conceving.
I love someone very badly. We were in relationship of about 3 year She left me last year for no reason I think so because she don't told me the reason why she left me since then I feel depressed and I can't take that for so long and I want to forget her and I started taking drugs but I also did't worked and now I can't feel anything . No fillings . Always remembering her and same thing happens memories hurt and I then again take dose of drugs I see her everywhere . Always think about her And this changed my whole life . Everything is spoiled in my life not a single thing is good in my life and this made me to think about suicide It hurts now please help me please help me.
I'm suffering from premature hair graying from about 1 year please give me a correct solution to get back my black hair again with no side effect.
I am losing hair rapidly. I have used Curatio's Androanagen solution, But there is no any permanent Solution. Kindly advice me for regrowth of my hair. I will be very thankful to you for this.
Sir I am so weak in health and when I go outside for any tour then I will be feeling sick and weak every time.
I feel too much dizziness nowadays, very lazy too. So is it a symptom of any kind of disease? Even though I get enough sleep, I do not feel refreshed when I get up.
I am thin. How to gain my weight. My current weight is fifty two. So give me suggestions to gain my weight.
I have a hair loss problem sir. I tried all ayurvedic oils also but I have a same problem. Lot of dandruff also, it's irritating sir please give some tips sir how to over come this problem.
My fingers and wrist are thin and weak compared to forearms, arms and shoulders. In the gym although I have a capacity to lift heavy weights, my fingers and grip give up early. Do I need any special exercise for fingers or do I need to do any dietary modification. Thanks.
I am thin and my bone are also. I want to gain weight. What should I do. Can I take protein powder or other?
Hi Doctor I am MANOJ PANCHAL pkz solve my problem my fitness level is very bold and my hand is and food very tide please solve my fitness problem.
I am 19 years old. I am having pimples having on my face from last 3 years can you give me the suggestions how to get rid of that.
I am 29 years old. Not pregnant. I am going for pilgrim on 5th september and my periods date is same 5th september. My gynec suggest me to take deviry 10 mg two times till 5 days to prepare my periods. She told I will gets my periods after 5 days of stopping the tablets. But now it is 8 days past I did not got my periods yet. I have taken this medicine from 19 august to 23 august. What should I do now? I am getting panic.
Hii. I m Ritesh. I want to feeling guilty becz fatty then wnt to les of fat. Haw can I do. Wt I do. please answ me pllz.
Obesity is a serious, chronic disease that can have a negative effect on many systems in your body. People who are overweight or obese have a much greater risk of developing serious conditions, including:
- Heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Bone and joint disease
The prevalence of childhood obesity has increased dramatically over the past few decades, and obesity during adolescence is associated with significant medical morbidity during adulthood. Eating disorders and obesity are usually seen as very different problems but actually share many similarities. Eating disorders (EDs) are the third most common chronic condition in adolescents, after obesity and asthma.
In fact, eating disorders, obesity, and other weight-related disorders may overlap as girls move from one problem, such as unhealthy dieting, to another, such as obesity. Understand the links between eating disorders and obesity and promote healthy attitudes and behaviors related to weight and eating.
What is an Eating Disorder?
Eating Disorders describe illnesses that are characterized by irregular eating habits and severe distress or concern about body weight or shape. Eating disturbances may include inadequate or excessive food intake which can ultimately damage an individual’s well-being. The most common forms of eating disorders include Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder and affect both females and males.
Signs & Symptoms of an Eating Disorder:
A man or woman suffering from an eating disorder may reveal several signs and symptoms, some which are:
- Chronic dieting despite being hazardously underweight
- Constant weight fluctuations
- Obsession with calories and fat contents of food
- Engaging in ritualistic eating patterns, such as cutting food into tiny pieces, eating alone, and/or hiding food
- Continued fixation with food, recipes, or cooking; the individual may cook intricate meals for others but refrain from partaking
- Depression or lethargic stage
- Avoidance of social functions, family and friends. May become isolated and withdrawn
- Switching between periods of overeating and fasting
What are the health risks associated with these disorders?
- Stunted growth.
- Delayed menstruation.
- Damage to vital organs such as the heart and brain.
- Nutritional deficiencies, including starvation.
- Cardiac arrest.
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety.
What is Obesity?
Obesity means being overweight by the accumulation of excess fat within the body. Obesity is defined to some extent by measuring Body Mass Index (BMI). People become obese by consumption of excess calories, imbalance between calories intake and calories outgoing, leading a sedentary life, lack of sleep , disturbances in lipid metabolism and intake of medications that put on obese.
What are the risks associated with obesity?
Obesity increases the risk for:
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Respiratory problems
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety
How eating disorder and obesity are related?
Eating disorders and obesity are part of a range of weight-related problems.
- Body dissatisfaction and unhealthy dieting practices are linked to the development of eating disorders, obesity, and other problems.
- Binge eating is common among people with eating disorders and people who are obese.
- Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders are associated with both eating disorders and obesity.
- The environment may contribute to both eating disorders and obesity.
Help adolescents develop healthy eating habits:
- Help children learn to control their own eating.
- Offer children a variety of healthy foods at meal and snack times.
- Eat dinner together as a family most days of the week.
- Be aware of your child's emotional health or else consult a psychologist
- Encourage children to participate in sports, dance, swimming and other physical activities.
- Counteract harmful media messages about body image.
The splendid approach:
The approach should be quite simple. A proper diet plan, nutritious foods and fruits with proper exercise can do a world of good to you.
I am 25 years old, I am planning to my one kidney, if we donate one kidney we get pregnant or not in future and is there any problem. In further.
Yoghurt is a dairy product that is produced when milk is fermented by certain bacteria. Yoghurt is also a probiotic food as it contains a host of good bacteria that help in improving the digestive system of your body. Yoghurt not only provides a good supply of proteins but also contains essential vitamins and minerals, which is one of the many reasons why it should be a part of your daily diet. Besides that, yoghurt has many other health benefits, which are -
1. It prevents osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disorder of the bone that is linked with calcium and vitamin D levels in the body. Yoghurt is a good source of both calcium and vitamin D and helps in improving the health of the bones in your body.
2. It reduces chances of high blood pressure. Yoghurt helps in reducing blood pressure as it as it is rich in potassium, and potassium is known to lessen the effect sodium has on your body. This by-product of milk is also low-fat dairy.
3. It is a probiotic contribute to weight gain. Yoghurt contains bacteria culture that is good for the digestive tract and helps in preventing many diseases such as colon cancer, bowel disorders and constipation.
4. It decreases chances of infections in the vagina. Regular consumption of yoghurt reduces chances of vaginal infections as it reduces the pH levels in the vagina.
5. Helps in feeling fuller. Yoghurt helps in feeling fuller due to its high protein content. The protein present also helps in maintaining the muscles in the body.
6. Improves brain functioning. Yoghurt contains vitamin B12 that helps in providing energy and improving the functioning of the brain.
7. Yoghurt contains iodine. Iodine is an important nutrient that helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland. Yoghurt supplies the body with iodine, which helps in preventing metabolic disorders that result from problems in the thyroid gland.
8. Helps in curing cold. The good bacteria present in yoghurt help in preventing the common cold. Not only that, they also help in recovering from respiratory infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.