Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. DughazenthYour feedback matters!
I am becoming very dark in my skin for sun ray. What should I do to become glamours. Please help me.
I have many black spots on my face. I tried many creams but I did not find any change better. What should I do. Would you tell some remedies for this.
Hi I am 30 years old male I travel lot in bike because of my work, I did not care much about my face skin I made a mistake now I am facing sun tan black patches I need know best sunscreen for my face and its oily skin and any cream to remove sun tan and black patches thanks.
Despite making all efforts of regular scrubbing and application of foot cream and lemon and honey scrubs etc. I continue to have severe cracks in my heals and under the big toe on both feet. Also I make use of open house sandals but nothing seems to be helping. Please advise.
From 6 -7 days I have problem in neck now its becoming so much irritating. I used cough syrup and antibiotic tablets but till now I have lots of irritation on my neck at night time I can not sleep I feel like ant in neck and making irritation inside of neck.
I am 22 year old girl. Before some day I have anus bleeding every time. After medicines bleeding were stopped. But now anus is itching. And I am daily eating liquid type of food. What should I do?
My skin has Mila and its colour has been black how to rid with mile and get facial face (white face) and how can I improve its colour.
Antibacterial, medicated soaps and washes are majorly advertised to be the best for maintaining a healthy, bug-free skin. You might think anti-bacterial washes and soaps kill harmful bacteria and germs lurking on your skin. However, antibacterial hand and body washes containing certain chemicals have recently been banned by the FDA (US Food and Drug Administration). They may be causing more damage to your skin, body and the environment and are no better than ordinary non-medicated soaps and washes.
A few valid reasons why you shouldn't use antibacterial washes:
- Antibacterials may lead to the growth of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria: Bacteria cannot be killed by the very low doses of antibacterials present in these so-called antibacterial products. Moreover, these products are typically washed off in less than 30 seconds, not enough time to kill any microbe. Remember, to kill any germ effectively, your physician normally administers antibiotics round the clock for at least 5-7 days! Bugs are smart and with exposure to small doses and short durations, learn and quickly adapt to become resistant to these antibacterials. Later, during actual infections, even high doses of antibiotics are unable to kill these bugs.
- Antibacterial washes have the potential to perturb the environment: The common use of these products by millions of individuals causes a huge amount of antibacterial products to flush down the drains. These reach natural waterbodies in lakes, rivers and groundwater. This disrupts not only other natural microbes, algae and fish but many other natural aquatic organisms, resulting in damage to many natural systems.
- Antibacterial washes disrupt normal body functions: In animal studies, some of these antibacterial chemicals are found to cause disturbances in hormones, heart muscle, sperm, brain, and bone. Though these changes have not been thoroughly studied in humans yet, they may still result in minute changes which may have a larger impact over time.
- Risk of allergy increases: Your skin contains many kinds of good microbes which not only protect your skin from other harmful microbes but are also good for your overall health balance. By altering the normal flora of human skin, antibacterial washes may alter the immunity levels of our bodies. This may result in development of allergies.
- Antibacterial Washes are no better than normal, non-medicated, regular washes and soaps: Plain regular soaps and washes are as effective in washing of germs and for maintaining personal cleanliness as any other specially formulated and expensive antibacterial soap or wash. Also keep in mind that products labelled, organic, or 'natural' are not necessarily safe. Simply use ordinary, inexpensive, non-medicated soaps or washes of your own choice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.