Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.HarinathYour feedback matters!
Dear sir I have pain in my teeth from last 15 days. I can not eat hot and cold items like tea or cold drink. Kindly suggest what should I do.
Sir my son has tongue problem. Means when my son put out his tongue then pic point of tongue make a heart shape. Means connector of tongue and jaw joined together. Due to this complete tongue not put out as usual. Please advise me what I do. Age of son is 4 year.
I have a cavity in my teeth, it puts hole in my teeth and due to this it's started paining in my ears and eyes. Please help to get relief?
My one of the teeth is paining and that teeth is become black. I didn't eat properly what I should do?
I have mouth ulcer since 6 months. What should I do? And I also have low blood pressure what prevention I should take?
I like to remove my balance tooth from my mouth and get new strong full set . what can I do? How much time and cost can I spend for it?
My teeth is not not joint gap between teeth is cery big and not clean my teeth inside what I can do.
I have no dental problems but my mouth smells bad so please tell me some remedies so I can maximum decrease it.
I lost my front teeth but now its get crowned. But the problem is I don't like the crown. The crowned teeth was so much bigger than next one. B'coz he do some crown lengthening for that teeth. Now he removed the crown last week. He asked to look for 1 Month for growing gum. Is it possible to grow gum back?
Hi, I have a problem that smell comes out of my mouth even after brushing twice a day. What should I do?
I have pyria disease. What canI do to prevent from mouth smelling &other problems, Gave a suggestion to prevent from it,
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.