Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Dorairajan TYour feedback matters!
I am 31 yrs old male. I feel very sleepy from the evening like my eyes are getting heavy and I am applying force to keep it open, my eyes get reddish and by 11 pm I collapse in bed. I get up at 6 am and often sleep in afternoon to 1 or 2 hours. Even in day time my forehead is heavy, some time I feel pain at the both side of forehead. I went to ent but no use. They write on prescription dns after putting torch light in my nose. I don't know how to get rid of this and where to go for treatment. Please help.
Hello I'm 19 year old. My left EYE is is red at the right corner only. Is that a symptom of retinal detachment?
I have an eye problem for a long time and using spex for eye irritation and headache, is any other treatment should I take for this?
I have irritation in my right eye. Irritation occurs once or twice a day. I tried sterile drops but it is not helping.
I have red eye last 2days. I don't know how it is. I am so worry for my eyes. Please let me what I do.
I have red eyes since 1 year n I have no irritation n sight problem.. The thing is only red color why? N what I shld do to get them white.
Hi, I am feeling like I got sight to my eyes. While I am watching phone or computer, I am able to see shadow of the letters. And also I am not able to face the light for more time. If I watch for 5 min also I that shadow of the letter is visible for me in mobile. Can you please suggest me which type of treatment I should take.
I want to do Lasik operation for eyes.Are there any major side effects which occur mostly during or after this operation.
I have a addiction to pornography. Whenever I am alone at my home I see porn videos in my computer and masturbate. How to get rid of this? I also have some eyesight problem due to excessive use of electronic gadgets. I have pain in my eyes and head sometimes. Please help.
Hi, from last three days my mother's right eyes become red .almost full dark red.(just like burst blood vessel in eye. She don't feel any pain .but the eye ball is extreme red. Is that a serious problem? Also I had suggest her for keeping ice cube on it. So it will be safe? Could it help in reducing eye redness ? please suggest any simple method to cure it. Thanks.
Is LASIK Surgery safe in the long term? Have heard that it has negative effects as a person goes above 40.
I have a desk job and since a week my eyes gets irritated and lazy. please tell me the solution of irritating eyes.
Hi doctor's, I having weight 58 kg & height 5'6" I am facing problem of head pain only half head of right side & only one eye pain of only right side only. What to do? Thank you.
I had eyes problem. My eyes power is too high i. E 22 Can I do Laser surgery for eyes As my age is 24 year old.
I am a 24 year old female and I have shortsightness since childhood and sight is increasing in each check up.
Good morning my wife is suffering from half right side head pain. And her eyeled is going to down. So many of nuro doctor we visit but no relief. Some time half body pain. Unbearable pain and swelling on face. What we do pls help.
LASIK or Laser-Assisted in-situ Keratomileusis is a kind of eye surgery used for correcting certain vision problems as well as reducing or doing away with the need for corrective lenses or eyeglasses. It is a widely used refractive surgery that alters the shape of your cornea, the transparent tissue on the frontal portion of the eye. The fundamental aim of this surgery is to refract (bend) light rays in order to make them focus on the retina with improved precision, thus creating a sharper and clearer vision.
You can go for a LASIK eye surgery if you are experiencing any of these problems:
- Myopia or Nearsightedness: It is a condition wherein you enjoy a clearer vision while looking at objects that are close to you. However, distant objects would appear blurred.
- Hypermetropia or Farsightedness: Here, you may experience blurred vision while focusing on objects which are near to you but tend to enjoy better clarity in vision while viewing objects which are placed at a distance.
- Astigmatism: It is a condition disrupting focus of both the distant and close (near) vision.
Learn About The Different Tyoes Of Lasik-
- C-Lasik- C-Lasik or Customized Lasik is gaining ground as the latest and the most effective tool for restoring the quality of one’s vision. It uses a Wave front Guided customized ablation to render personalized treatment to each individual. While the surgical procedure stays the same, C-Lasik, also known as “Eagles’ Eye Vision” can provide the perfect shape to the eye surface, helping one to focus accurately. C-Lasik means that laser eye treatment is now unique to each eye. With C-Lasik, treatment is designed specifically to treat your individual vision errors. It improves the quality of your vision. Each C-Lasik assessment involves an extra diagnostic (screening) process to let the surgeon understand your vision better and select the most suitable treatment for you.
- iLasik- iLasik is the first vision rectifying procedure that is fully customized, done with the use of a laser. It is used to rectify myopia till a measure of 10 diopters, hypermetropia up to +5 diopters and astigmatism, till -5 dioptersafter evaluation of cornea. iLASIK is different from normal LASIK surgery because it recognises that every eye is different. Using 3D mapping technology, the characteristics along with the uniqueness of each eye is recognised. Then using this information, a blueprint is developed so that the lasers can target the right areas. High-frequency pulses are used to create a corneal flap which is lifted so that another laser can repair your eyes. iLasik is the only procedure that has the technology to personalize treatment to individual vision needs. In fact, wavefront measurements are 25 times more precise than those taken with conventional methods used for eyeglasses and contacts.
- Contoura Vision LASIK- Contoura Vision is the most advanced technology available for laser vision correction when it comes to accuracy and precision. This diagnostic technology is able to meticulously identify and record irregularities in the cornea’s curvature as well as its optics. During the procedure, this information is combined with the patient’s corrective eyewear prescription to dramatically improve vision for those suffering from nearsightedness (myopia) and astigmatism. While standard LASIK surgery has been helping individuals enhance correct visual refractive errors for many years, Contoura Vision takes the treatment a step further by offering even greater degrees of enhanced vision quality. Potential benefits of this technique can also include a reduced “glare” at night and even an increase in reading speed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.