Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. DivyaYour feedback matters!
Hello mam/sir. I am 22 years girl. I feel very stressful everyday. Or I cant eat my food properly in the day. So please give me any solution to joy my unstressful lof.
Hi nowadays am not interested in anything feeling confused always negative thoughts comes on my mind my hubby is a very strict person he spends little time with me he always used to watch TV at bedroom too he has no personal words to say with me at bed time no loving words no romance always he shouts me on simple matters lost intimacy with him I started to hate him now days I hate talking with others am stopped loving him waiting for him not even ready to wait for his phone calls those things made me feel badly fed up with my marriage life only think i do with interest is using social network who ever talks favor for me at social networks am getting impressed on him those thoughts make me more depressed abt my marriage life .Please help me to get back to my marriage life.
Hi I am 26 year old I want to know about depression patient. Some times she's get depression attack and she's forget everything how can I help her can please help.
I want to know that can cigarette smoking cause anxiety disorder. Since I started smoking I feel more and more anxious and even panic I have all symptoms of anxiety disorder and social phobia. All my friends do smoking but they are not seems to be anxious why this happens to me only.
The number of people affected by hypertension is constantly on the rise. The most important concern with people developing hypertension is that it is not an isolated issue. It brings with it a host of problems, including higher chances of stroke, heart disease, diabetes, and kidney disease problem. While there is no definite cure for hypertension, it is definitely possible to control it using the following measures.
- Weight control: Greater the body mass index (BMI), higher is the chances of developing hypertension. Check with your doctor to know what the ideal weight is and try to maintain it. If overweight, losing even 10 pounds can make a big difference to your blood pressure.
- Diet management: Excessive salt, calories, fat, and sugar are to be avoided. Sodium is one of the main culprits for increasing blood pressure and should be avoided. Include fruits and vegetables that are rich in potassium and magnesium. Reducing salt is another major way to control blood pressure. Fish oils with omega-3 fatty acids are extremely good for the health of the heart and so consult your doctor to include the right amounts in your diet.
- Exercise: A regular workout regimen can reduce the chances of developing blood pressure by up to 40% to 50%. This should not be misinterpreted as the need for vigorous workouts. Even small, regular physical activity daily goes a long way in controlling blood pressure.
- Alcohol: While quitting alcohol is the best thing to do, for those finding it difficult to do so, cutting down on it plays a big role in controlling blood pressure. No more than a drink per day for women, and no more than two per day for men are recommended.
- Stress management: Stress is one of the major causes for increasing blood pressure, and so managing stress is very important. Whether music or meditation, pick your stress buster and see your blood pressure lowered.
- Medications: If you are already on a medication regimen, strictly adhere to the schedule. Consult your doctor before adding herbal supplements or dietary supplements. Taken individually, they may be good for health, but there are good chances of them interacting with your regular medications.
- Monitor: Once you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, have periodic check-ups with your doctor to ensure it is within the permissible limits. If beyond limits, immediately correct it.
As noted, hypertension is not an isolated issue and brings with it a whole lot of issues. Controlling it can help control the other issues that would follow and improve the quality of life.