Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
I had one minor panic attacks. I consulted doctor and now I don't have any panic attacks. But sometime I fear from the fear of panic attack, What to do?
Me and my boyfriend are together since from 1 yrs. Before we were completely compatible with each other but now situation has changed. Now he don't trust me anymore. Before when we engage in relation he use to tell me that he don't like small stuff to be done like if I forgot to tell him that i am going outside he gets angry. And yes he is my second boyfriend but I never hide anything about my ex boyfriend I informed every thing about how we engage in relation and how he left me. But still my current boyfriend always involve in past talks. And always remind me about my past and again fight begins. I don't know what to do. If I say any thing wrong to him so he will say ok dis is only left and all. I always hide things just to avoid fight. He left me saying I broke his trust just because I told him half truth that I am going outside with my mom. I dint informed him that I am even having exam. He always told me tell me whatever is there let it be but tell me truth what if I get angry but tell me truth but I ignored this just because I don't want fighting but now situation is hectic he wants to leave me. He don't want to listen to me. He just want to leave me by saying that I broke his trust. But thats not true I really love him and I want him as my future. Now he want me to say something valid to stop him and comeback in life again. Please suggest me some solution what should I do to convince him to again come back in my life.?
Hi. My voice has become hoarse and not able to sing. Feels heavy throat. Sometime feels tightness in neck. Lot of mucus feels on one side of neck and ear. Tongue is being pulled back when facing upwards. please help me resume my singing.
Modern lifestyle generally motivates you to be conscious of your health and external obstacles to attain a fit body. But like many other problems that are not quite evident, lack of sex in your relationship may look like a trivial matter in the beginning, but can become a bigger emotional and psychological problem for you and your partner. Here are several ways in which lack of sex can lead to trouble in your relationship, and in the long run affect your mental and psychological health.
- Resentment as a primary factor: It has been widely accepted that resentment towards your partner is one of the primary reasons for the lack of sex in your relationship. However, you cannot ignore the fact that in most cases, lack of sex, which is not due to resentment, leads to resentment and misunderstandings, making it a serious issue. This will indeed induce great stress in you, affecting the way you treat your partner even outside the bedroom.
- Harm caused by resultant depression: Lack of sex in a relationship often goes a long way in widening the emotional gap between you and your partner. It results into simmering resentment or quarrels. The feeling of rejection has been known to induce severe clinical depression, which can seriously affect the relationship.
- Stress which you can't cope with: Doctors all over the world agree that sex is a great stress buster. The release of chemicals like endorphin or oxytocin inside the body induces relief and a feel-good mood, which reduces anxiety of daily life goals. When you stop having sex, the stress increases, which at some point of time or the other will lead to misunderstandings and problems in the relationship and emotional strain.
Overall, lack of sex leads to insecurity in the relationship and builds up mistrust, which in turn affects your and your partner's personal health. So, sitting down and discussing how to address this issue might be a good idea if you notice the lack of passion in your relationship.
How to control myself from seeing porn video and bad image of girls in mind. I am really in big trouble. Please help me.
I have an break up with my girlfriend so I'm not able to think anything but her please. Help me. Please.
Hi, I have one problem. i was shivered at fear and when I carry some weights even to take selfie with mobile on that time my hand was shivering i'm not alcoholic. But everyday i faced this problem. If i get fear and scary moments the problem will be high. What is the problem of that. please tell me solution.
I am a person with deep anxiety issue. I have problems in coping up with my daily life and I have trust issues. Please help me.
Hi I am 40 years old male. I am having habit of chewing masala tobacco from last 15 years. Tried lot many times but never been able to quit the same. Now the urge has increased and intake has become more. Please help me in this regard.
I am feeling palpitation depression on small issues and sleep after one - hours going bed. My psychiatrist doctor gave few medicines and finally kept me on d venizep50 since six months and asked me to continue for another six months. I hv some relief but not normal. please advice if change medicine or continue on same strength of d venizep50. Regards.
Hello, I am om keshri I am 27 year old and I am suffering from stammer problem form last around 16 years. I dont know how its suddenly start happening with me. Please tell me the solution of this. One thing I want to tell you when I drunk alcohol I start speak clearly without stammer.
Depression in children is not a very uncommon phenomenon. But if the feeling of sadness persists over a period of time with little or no change to their behavior, then it can be seen as a symptom of depression. Children who are suffering from depression need immediate and utmost care as negligence may cause severe long term effects on the child. Read on to find more about them.
Symptoms that indicate childhood depression vary. Some of the different symptoms which indicate depression are:
- Social withdrawal
- Feeling of worthlessness
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Reduced ability to function during events
- Continuous feelings of sadness
- Physical complaints
- Depression in children can be caused due to the combination of a multitude of reasons.
- Children from a family history of depression are more likely to be suffering from depression.
- Similarly if the parents suffer from depression then it is more than likely that the child will also suffer from depression.
- Children from conflicted families or children and teens who are prone to substance or alcohol abuse can suffer from depression.
- Reasons such as physical health, environment, genetic vulnerability or biochemical disturbance can lead to depression.
The treatment process of depression in children is similar to that of adults and can be treated with psychotherapy and medication. If your child is depressed consult a general physician who after his or her diagnosis may refer you to a psychiatrist. The medical specialist will recommend psychotherapy.
In some instances, a child suffering from depression maybe be suicidal. Parents are advised to be vigilant and observe certain behavioral changes that the child may have adapted to or suddenly switched to.
Some of the signs are mentioned below:
- Changes in eating, sleeping or activities
- Isolating oneself even from family
- Talking of suicide, feeling helpless or hopeless
- Increased risk taking behavior
- Substance abuse
- Giving away possessions
Sessions at first and then opt for antidepressant medication if no significant progress is seen. The best results often result from a combination of prescribed medication along with multiple sessions of psychotherapy.
Gd evening Dr. This issue regarding my wife. She always in depression. I married with her before 4 yrs. We have a daughter. Before marriage She was in relationship with a guy and break up 1 years before marriage. My wife told me everything after marriage. 2 years back they again contact on social site and found that they break up due to misunderstandings and that was due to third person. That guys still single and denied his parents not to marry with anyone lifetime because he can't give place Of her .My wife always thinks she destroyed his life and If that time I give him chance him to explain misunderstandings, everything was fine. Now they want only talk with each other and get depressed if I don't give permission to talk with him. One more incident happened with her and her father. Someone attacked on them and Injured badly. Now she can't close her eyes even in day time. She felt scared. And If anyone shouting on her. She start crying and whole body will start shivery due to fear.
Cognitive Behavior Therapy is found to be much effective in this case. Therapies could be lengthy procedure. But patients should understand that, they are not focusing on cure, but effective management. Effective management is equivalent to cure.