Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
The antioxidants in green tea help to burn fat. the fat accumulation leads to blockage of heart.
It also reduces bad cholesterol in the body.
Along with green tea do
Loose weight if your overweight
Cut down on Carbohydrates
Add fibre to the diet
I have polycystic ovary disease and I take medicine from 4 years and problem in monthly cycle. What to do? Please help me.
Hi all, I am searching the best birth control pill online which prevent pregnancy without creating any side-effect. Share your suggestions here.
Homeopathy is a slow form of treatment, but is has negligible side effects. This makes it safer to self medicate with light doses of homeopathy than an antibiotic. Homeopathy can be used for first aid, to fight common infections and as general constitutional remedies.
Here are a few common homeopathic medicines you should keep at home.
- Nux Vomica: Nux vomica can be safely used to treat gastrointestinal diseases, a loss of appetite, depression and migranes. The ideal dosage for nux vomica depends on the age of the patient, their overall health and several other conditions. Nux vomica can also be used to cure a hangover.
- Aconite: When taken at the onset of a cold, aconite can stop the virus from progressing further. Aconite can also be used for joint pain, gout, inflammations and to speed up the healing of wounds. Apart from the pill form, aconite can also be used as a cream.
- Arnica: If you have kids at home, arnica is a must have. It is the most common homeopathic remedy for bruising, accidents, injuries and shocks. It can also be used to treat arthritis and the pain that follows dental work and jet lag. Arnica can also be used to promote hair growth. Depending on its use, arnica can be used in the form of pills, cream or oils.
- Cantharis: Cantharis is an ointment that should be kept in every kitchen. It is the most effective anti inflammatory cream to treat burns of any kind. When a burn is treated with cantharis, it leaves minimal scars. It can also be used to treat urinary tract infections. Cantharis is usually used as a cream.
- Magnesia phosphoric: This is a must have for women. It can be used to treat any form of cramps including menstrual cramps. It can also be used to treat tiredness, headaches, nerve pain, insomnia and to help a person relax. Magnesia phosphoric is usually prescribed in the form of homeopathic pills.
- Rhus tox: Rhus tox is a common homeopathic remedy for muscle sprains and bruising. It is also beneficial for people suffering from back aches, arthritis, sciatica and body aches associated with the flu. Rhus tox is usually found in the form of homeopathic pills.
One should not do any type of self medication, however, you should check with your homeopathic practitioner about the dosage and frequency of consumption. Do not take it for granted that homeopathy has no side effects and take a more intense dose than required. Also store these medicines properly. Ideally, homeopathic medicine should be stored in a cool place without direct exposure to sunlight or extreme heat or cold.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.
Hi, doctor I’m Navya my problems is my monthly period I have an program from 31st August to 6th September last month of my period date was 26th of July but still this month it has not happened what to do for this? Please send me the solution.
Me & my wife is try to conceive about 6 months. We have lost a issue at past. Almost 1 year. Try to pregnant but no result. Recently my wife s seen a small swelling area at right breast at outer part. Consult our gynecologist, he says don't worry. He is no medicine for this. please solve my problems.
My friend having a sex with her b. F and now periods are not come from last two month but her pregnancy test is negative, please give me suggestion for this problem.
Hi I am 24 year old and I have sex with my girl friend without protection. Can I check the pregnancy before 30 days. Its really urgent to check the pregnancy. Her age is around 30 year.
I am 25 years old, I am planning to my one kidney, if we donate one kidney we get pregnant or not in future and is there any problem. In further.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women.
Reasons that make IVF a popular procedure:
- Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child.IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life.
- High success rates: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 year olds and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female's ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth.
- Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
Apple cider vinegar has unparalleled health and beauty benefits although it is mostly viewed as a salad dressing or a preservative that can be used in pickles/sauces. In reality, it is a very useful ingredient for most of our health needs. In a medical perspective, apple cider vinegar is as essential as any medicine that is kept at home.
Checkout handful of its countless health benefits.
1. Prevents indigestion- having a spoonful of apple cider vinegar with a bit of honey just before a meal ensures that your digestion process is carried out quite easily. Having a bit of it in the morning decreases the chances of indigestion as well.
2. Reduces dandruff- a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar applied on your scalp prevents and reduces dandruff. Apple cider vinegar changes the ph level of your scalp causing it to harden and not allow dandruff to recur.
3. Reduces pimples/acne- apple cider vinegar is a natural skin toner and anti bacterial substance that changes the ph level of your skin reducing and preventing the occurrence of pimples and acne.
4. Treats bad breath- gargle your mouth with some apple cider vinegar to instantly kick out bad breath. Mixing the vinegar with water and gargling everyday effectively cures any chronic bad breath problems very quickly.
5. Treats hiccups- when water, candies and ginger fail in stopping your hiccups, gulp down a mixture of apple cider vinegar and warm water in equal quantities. Apple cider vinegar is said to soothe the nerves causing an instant halt in recurring hiccups.
6. Lowers cholesterol levels- several researches claim that the consumption of apple cider vinegar reduces the level of cholesterol. A person can continue the same diet but the mere inclusion of two tablespoons of this vinegar can help tacking high cholesterol effectively. It is highly recommended for heart patients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hello Sir, My girlfriend is 30 years old. We never had sex. She is having irregular period problem. Most of time during her period time a little amount of blood came out for a certain time on 1st day, then it stopped. After 1 or 2 days her period run normally. She does not consult any doctor yet. I told her to visit a gynecologist, but she did not listen. I always worry for her.
Paleo diet is one of those diets which have been gaining widespread popularity in the recent times. It has been touted by its supporters as the natural diet for human beings and also the diet that our ancestors used to consume. There is a lot of debate on its efficacy and it has its own set of advantages and disadvantages alike.
What exactly is a paleo diet?
The Paleo diet gets its name from the Paleolithic period of human civilization, thousands of years ago, where the availability and choices of food were varied and limited according to seasons. Most foods included lean meat, fruits, nuts, vegetables and were very different from the fast food, high sugar and saturated fat-based diet that humans are having now. This diet aims to go back to the basics to correct nutritional deficiencies as well as to try out to correct excesses of the modern diet.
Advantages of Paleo diet
- Huge decrease in consumption of processed sugar
- Normalization of blood pressure levels
- Decreases in the level of bad cholesterol in the blood
- Balance of protein intake due to limited and lean meat consumption
- Increase in the consumption of vegetables and natural foods with less processed chemicals
- Optimization of insulin within the body
Disadvantages of Paleo diet
- Far too restrictive - Many believe that although it is a good diet, it loses out on the balance and becomes too restrictive with certain food groups being cut out completely, which may cause imbalances.
- Excess of protein - Although Paleo diet cuts down on unhealthy fats, some of its ingredients may cause the consumption of too much protein which may not be good for health either.
- Lacks of carbohydrates - Some believe that Paleo diet lacks carbohydrates and may not be a good source of energy. When working throughout the day, carbs provide energy but a low carb diet may cause energy-related problems.