Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DivyaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, Yesterday me and bf kissed in the bed and he has also fingered me after washing his hands with dettol and applying sanitiser. He was in shorts. Is there any chance of pregnancy? He did not ejaculate anytime. Morning I felt bit stomach pain.
I am not getting the periods since two months. I had sex one-time for 10 mins yesterday. I will be pregnant or not.
Homoeopathy can cure some problems without going to surgery like
2. Ganglion, cyst
3. Benign tumours
4. Piles and haemorrhages
5. Sexual problems
6. Hormonal issues
7. Menstrual problems
8. Skin problems
9. Renal stones (upto a certain limit)
10. Gastric problems
Moreover now a days homoeopathy is used widely in our country and abroad like france, uk, germany etc for getting a palliation and controlling the cancer without highly side effective medications.
So try homoeopathy once before taking the ultimate decision about your body.
Health is wealth so preserve it not ruin it.
Hello, this is Rahul Manchanda. I am a part of Manchanda's endoscopic centre. And I am a gynaecology endoscopic surgeon. We do Minimal Invasive Surgery for women's diseases. This includes surgery for Infertility, for which I want to talk about today.
Infertility despite our country has large population has rampant here. Many couples want babies of course and are unable to have them. So infertility is a science in medicines that deal with this problem. And as an infertility specialist, we would like to help those people who are troubled with this. Endoscopic surgery is a large part of this.
You must have heard In Vitro Fertilization, ICSI i.e, Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection methods to those who do not have babies and can not conceive. But you don't really need an IVF unless it is indicated and that needs to be diagnosed by the Endoscopic surgeon. You have procedures like looking into the uterus to see whether there is a problem and those problems can be corrected. And many people don't need IVF, once this works up and go through the endoscopic surgery. Tubes that are blocked can be open up with the very simple procedures in which you don't need to stay in a Hospital for very long and you do not have many cuts on the body, the cost is less, the trauma to the body is much less, you can go back to the work faster and of course you avoid the Infertility procedures. So, yes we do this surgery.
We are based at New Friends Colony and also Pushpawati Singhania Research Institute Hospital. Facebook page is also available where you can put your queries on that. Also, you can contact me through Lybrate.
Not only this, we do other types of surgeries also which we will talk to you about. But in case of Infertility, these surgeries are used. So if you have a problem, let us diagnose it, let us help to treat you and put a smile on your face.
Thank you. Regards.
I am 5 months pregnant and since past few days I am feeling a severe pain just below the left breast. Apart from that whenever I take the calcium and vitamin tablets I get burning sensation in my stomach as well lower abdomen? Should I stop taking them? suggest me?
I'm 21 years old, my boyfriend inserted finger into my vagina which was little with his precum on 16th day, after that I had stress in my work, my work shift changed, I got to wake up early. Now periods are late by 6 days! from past 3 days i'm getting white discharge in excess which I never experienced before in such quantity! yesterday I experienced spotting which was in dark red. Please help me I am freaking out.
how it happens due to hormonal, why fibroid is actually increased only in pregnancy only? Please help me.
Hello Doctor I have a ques. I do not wanna any baby now. I think she got pregnant because her period not come on time. Her last period came on 2nd feb and finished on 6th feb and be both sex with each other on 7th feb. After that her period not comes till now. I gave her a kit to remove pregnancy but it not work. What can I do I can't understand. please suggest me with your best advice and treatment. Is any treatment is available with any contraceptives. please suggest me.
Hello Madam, My wife didn't had regular periods since Feb 2014, we were married in July 2014 following which she consulted a local gynecologist who citing weakness recommended a tonic for regular periods. She had proper period till she stopped taking he tonic. Following which we consulted another doctor who suggested us to work towards becoming parents and gave ovulation injection in Feb 2016. But to her surprise the egg didn't burst bu gradually reduced in size, following which she stopped treatment and gave medicine for normal periods. During this period, we also consulted patanjali ayurvedic doctor who gave few Ayurveda medicines for normalizing period and create healthy eggs. But in september, my wife suffered heavy periods for a period of almost 20 days (we consulted doctor in between who gave medicine to stop bleeding, after which we went to govt hospital where USG was conducted and doctor informed us about PCOS and a big lump in right ovary. Doctor gave a course of overall-G for 3-months and few pain killers which stopped bleeding and regularized the periods. After 3 months USG showed that the multiple small cysts were gone but a large lump (size 60mmx54mmx62 mm) on right ovary was still their. An ultrasound conducted in Feb 16 suggested a slightly large right ovary (18 mm.) but radiologist said it is normal. Few days back we visited bansal Hospital, bhopal where sexologist and doctor diagnosed a lump in right ovary, but were unable to decide whether it is a cyst or some neoplastic? What should we do now? What is the best way to diagnose the nature of this lump in right ovary?
This Oct month I have delay in monthly periods .I also test with prega tester .and get negative reports. And I start to take primolut n.And three tabs already taken. Now I kindly want to know how many tabs I will take and when my period will start.
I am eight month pregnant and my baby weight is less than 2 kg what should I eat to gain baby weight some complications is there Dr. Told me after 2 weeks she can do my delivery.
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS lead to infertility
Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant, or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
1. Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
2. They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
3. As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS
There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Excessive amounts of male hormones
3. High levels of insulin
4. Fertility problems
5. Weight gain
6. Ovulation and menstrual problems
7. Excess body and facial hair
9. Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly, and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment
The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS.
It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
Clomid (Clomiphene citrate)
Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded, and can find the symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and start the treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Keeping your body fit is not only a prerequisite for a healthy life, it is also important for your partner's healthy life. When it comes to sexually transmitted diseases or STDs, there is no doubt that prevention is better than cure. Contrary to popular belief, STDs do not spread only through intercourse. STDs can also spread by skin to skin contact. The easiest way to prevent STDs is by abstaining from sex or being in a monogamous relationship with an uninfected person.
This may not be possible for many men. Hence, let's take a look at alternatives to prevent sexual diseases:
- Get tested - Most STDs can be easily tested for and treated. Thus, it is a good idea to regularly get yourself tested if you have more than one sexual partner. Your partner should ideally also get tested for STDs. However, remember that herpes and the human papillomavirus do not show up on STD tests.
- Avoid sex under the influence of alcohol or drugs - When inebriated, you may not make the best decisions. Decisions made at this stage are usually rash and not thought out. Thus, you may forget to ask the other person if she has been tested for STDs.
- Vaccinations - Vaccinations can be effective against some types of STDs. The HPV vaccine can be given to boys as young as 11 years until they turn 26. Other vaccines that protect men from STDs are Hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccinations.
- Use condoms - Condoms are the only way to protect yourself against the transference of STDs during intercourse. A condom should be used even if the woman is using an alternate form of birth control. Never reuse a condom and do not use an oil based lubricants with a condom. Before using a condom always check to ensure the condom is not punctured in any way and that it is within the expiry period. A condom should be used for oral, vaginal and anal sex. However, this does not prevent the transmission of STDs like syphilis, herpes and HPV.
- Communicate with your partner - It is a good idea to share your sexual history with your partner. This creates an environment where you can discuss getting tested for STDs before engaging in intercourse. You must reach an explicit agreement about what forms of intercourse both of you are comfortable with. It is also a good idea to discuss a possible monogamous relationship with your partner.
- Circumcision - Male circumcision is said to reduce a man's risk of contracting STDs like HIV, genital herpes and genital HPV.
Drinking water is advantageous in every way. It assists metabolism & digestion, prevents constipation & accumulation of waste products(aam) in the body & keeps away diseases & even helps in keeping the skin clear of acne & pimples.