Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DivyaYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old female recently I have checked my vitD nd it's very low 25 ,I have swelling in my legs ,rest all my reports r normal, what should I do ,can you suggest any specific diet, exercise nd medicines?
I want to increase my sax time during sex also I want to increase the size of my penis any advice please. Also I want to know I do masturbation weekly is it good or not.
I have chest pain and I contacted to a doctor and he tested my ECG and echo test. My ECG test and echo test are normal, then which disease may I have?
What tests to be conduct for last 6 months cough. Chest x ray done but everything is fine but still cough is there. What we can do?
Hello doctor, I have tonsil problem in my neck my voice is also down what can I do ,today is 7 day to face this problem.
If artificial sweeteners contain much more sugar, how come that doctors are recommending them to diabetic patients?
Dear Doctor, I am 35 years old. I feel premature ejaculation while intercourse. Ever though we are having enough for play I will end up with climax soon after inserting. Is there any solution to get it normal to make my partner happy.
Sex is an act that is supposed to leave you satisfied and happy, but sometimes that’s not the case. This can be due pain or discomfort, stress or low confidence levels. However, by adopting a few simple ways you can enjoy a healthier and a much more satisfying love-making session.
1. Talk between the sheets: This is very important. Your partner wouldn’t know what you’re in the mood of until and unless you tell them. Nobody can read minds. Know each other erogenous zones to know what turns your partner on. When your partner does something you like, or does something you don’t like, you should let them know in order to derive maximum pleasure during sex.
2. Make use of the correct lubricant: This is applicable for women: just as wetness is a part of sex, so is dryness no matter if you’re in the mood or not. Women hardly ever get the 20 minutes of foreplay they need to be properly lubricated before sex. Sometimes factors like childbirth, breastfeeding or menopause can aggravate this situation. So in such cases it is best to use a liquid lubricant that doesn’t cause allergy to you and your partner, and can make sex a smooth and pleasurable activity. Avoid baby oil or body lotions if you’re using a latex condom.
3. Check with your doctor for itching/ burning sensations: If you’re suffering from itching or burning sensations in your privates, then chances are you might be suffering from an infection. If it causes problem in your sex life, then a doctor should be immediately consulted. Sometimes it may just be an allergy to latex or a lubricant. In such cases try switching to a different type of condom and/or lubricant.
4. Explore different things together: A shift in position or a new sex activity can make sex highly enjoyable and exciting, adding that zing that was missing in your sex life. Indulge in role playing, sex toys or even light bondage if you like to spice things up in the bed. Also, keep shifting left, right, up and down in the same sex position to heighten pleasure.
5. Get enough sleep: Getting your fix of 8 hours of sleep is very important for a healthy love making session. Lack of sleep can leave you tired and not in the mood of any sort of sexual activity. It can even lower libido in men and in extreme cases it can lead to sexual dysfunction as well. So rest well to enjoy your private time with your partner.
Dr. I had a cut in my foot due to iron nail I want to ask you that on which body part tetanus injection is injected I am 16 years old.
Hi recently my grand maa xpried now my grand paa was recently attacked with diabetes till nw he is not having any problem he is 72 years old but nw he got attacked with blood sugar with 345 and also bp 140/90. I DNT HV any idea abt diet of diabetes can you please send me the list of food for diabetes. According to breakfast, lunch,and dinner.
Hi. I am 16 year old school going boy. I am having stomach problems from last three years and that's are very hard for me. Tell me what do I do know.
Heartburn results from a backup of acid-containing stomach contents into your food-pipe.
Here are tips for prevention:
• Eat smaller meals
Too much food at one time expands your stomach and puts pressure on a band of muscle that helps keep food and acid from backing up into your food pipe (oesophagus).
• Avoid alcohol, fatty foods, chocolate, spearmint and peppermint
These foods can relax your lower oesophageal sphincter and promote upward flow of stomach contents.
• Don’t eat before sleeping
Wait two to three hours after eating before lying down. This allows enough time for the stomach to empty and increased stomach acid to taper off.
• Stop smoking
The nicotine from cigarettes can relax your lower oesophageal sphincter, allowing acid to flow back into your oesophagus.
• Lose excess weight
Lose excess weight if you’re overweight. This will help reduce the pressure your abdomen puts on your stomach when you’re lying down.
• Wear loose clothes
A tight belt or waistband can put pressure on your stomach and push acid into your oesophagus, causing discomfort.
• Elevate the head of your bed
Raise the head of your bed four to six inches. This helps keep stomach acid in your stomach, where it belongs.
I constantly suffer from bloating, gastric problem and constipation. Also my weight is on the higher side. Please suggest some remedy.
If you like your food sweet, but worry about calories at the same time, chances are you are leaning towards artificial sweeteners to solve your dilemma. The market is flooded with artificial sweeteners, so how do you choose one? And what are their pros and cons?
Besides weight control, artificial sweeteners are also used by people suffering from diabetes. But there is a debate as to how safe artificial sweeteners are, for normal people and diabetics alike.
You get multiple choices from aspartame to sucralose, present in stores. However, it is better to be educated about their benefits and disadvantages.
The pros and cons of most popular sweeteners are as follows:
1. Saccharin: This sugar substitute has been in the market for the longest.
a) It has zero calories
b) It does not elevate the levels of blood sugar
c) 200-700 times sweeter than normal sugar
a) It is a possible carcinogen (substances that cause cancer)
b) There is also the danger of saccharin acting as an allergen (substances that cause allergy)
2. Aspartame: It is the most commonly used sugar substitute. Almost all the food items that boast of being sugar-free have aspartame in them.
a) 160-220 times sweeter than common sugar
b) A small amount goes a long way, so calorie intake is lesser
a) Headaches, depression and cancer have been linked to aspartame use
b) Increased hunger
3. Sucralose: This sugar substitute is derived from sugar itself. It is gradually becoming the most popularly used sweetener as it is found in almost all cooked or baked foods.
a) It is heat resistant, so it is used liberally in cooking and baking
b) It has very few calories
a) Weight gain is still possible
b) It has chlorine in it, which is a carcinogen
4. Neotame: This is a new invention and is chemically related to aspartame.
a) 7000 -13000 times sweeter than common sugar with zero calories
b) Apparently, it is safe for consumption for teens, children and even for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
a) There isn't enough research done on Neotame, therefore very little is known about it
b) Since its chemical composition is closer to aspartame, there is much controversy about "neotame" affecting people the same way as aspartame