Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DinkleYour feedback matters!
I'm 18 old I masturbate once in two days Sometimes daily also I get pimples when I do this I control a lot not to do dis BuT I can't stop . Any suggestions please Also will be there any problem in future with dis Please help me out?
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years, my weight has gone up from 75 kgs to 85 kgs. I want to lose weight. Please help.
I am 26 year old. I am suffering from hair fall problem. My hair is continuously falling and getting white and etching in my head. I am a male so please advise me for the same.
Sir, give me tips about preventing body weight for my sister which is 24 year old and also tips for fitted body.
I am 18 years old girl from delh I have 60 kg weight I can't exercise because I had intolerance pain in my right knee. Please help me.
I am 24years male. My face skin is not so smooth. There were pimples on my face, now its reduces. But have spots. What should I do for bright and smooth face skin?
Hi from past 7 months I'm feeling very much depressed. I feel no point of living and wanna put end to my life. But I know it's not correct and tried putting myself busy though unable to overcome. Now a days I'm feeling very much weak n always lying on bed. Feeling uninterested on anything. And I'm getting lots of giddiness. Please suggest me how can I come out of it.
What is S.IGE test, is this a type of Asthma, how it's happen and what is the normal range of the s.Ige
I am 30 years old mother of 2, last pregnancy was 9 years back. Since Last 3 months my periods have become irregular and very very less bleeding, Periods come 5 to 8 days early every time and very less bleeding. No pain associated please assist.
I am 21 years old but I am very weak and slim. I took many types medicine but I have no change. What should I do. Please tell me.
LASIK stands for Laser In-situ Keratomileusis. This is a common eye surgery that helps in correcting vision problems. During this procedure, the cornea of the eye is cut across by a medical expert to raise the tissues and reshape them to correct vision. LASIK is suitable for patients who have shortsightedness, long sightedness or who suffer from astigmatism.
Here are the 5 benefits that a LASIK surgery offers:
1. Improved vision - A study reveals that 95% of the people who underwent this surgery achieved uncorrected visual acuity of 20/40 and 85% of the people achieved 20/20 vision. This procedure ensures that a patient achieves enhanced vision.
2. Quick results and recovery - This surgery enables you to return to your normal schedule immediately the day after the surgery. You can have clear and improved vision within a day.
3. Long- lasting outcomes - A minimum timeframe of 3 months is required for the eyes to adjust, after which LASIK results are permanently noticeable in a patient. No follow up procedures are required unless something wrong went with the surgery. The patient will continue to have improved vision unless there is any normal loss due to illness or aging.
4. No need of glasses - You no longer require glasses as your vision turns to normal post-LASIK surgery.
5. Goodbye contact lenses - LASIK surgery will help eliminate the need for contacts. You will be able to avoid all the problems pertaining to wearing a contact lens, including lens solution.
I am facing hairfall problem for last 2 months I want to know about using onion juice on scalp. Does it help in reducing hairfall and if so then how to apply it?
I Love to masturbates. I do once or twice in a week. But when I do this I can't do it twice continuously, it feels like as I am exhausted, same feeling also come when I am in a relation mode. And my erection time is very less 5-10 min only. please suggest me that how to overcome this.
My teeth are turning into dark yellow color. I don't even smoke or booze. Please help me with a good remedy.
I am fazalkhaliq and about 22 years old. I want to remove the unwanted hair on my face. Tell me the right way to follow it. Thanks.
When a person has a medical condition called alopecia areata, the hair falls out in round patches. The hair can fall out on the scalp and elsewhere on the body.
Alopecia areata can cause different types of hair loss. Each of these types has a different name:
- Alopecia areata (hair loss in patches).
- Alopecia totalis (lose all hair on the scalp).
- Alopecia universalis (lose all hair on the body).
Not everyone loses all of the hair on the scalp or body. This happens to about 5 percent of people.
Hair often grows back but may fall out again. Sometimes the hair loss lasts for many years.
Alopecia is not contagious. It is not due to nerves. What happens is that the immune system attacks the hair follicles (structures that contain the roots of the hair), causing hair loss. This disease most often occurs in otherwise healthy people.
- Patchy hair loss: The problem often begins with 1 or more coin-sized, round, smooth, bare patches where hair once was. You may first notice the problem when you see clumps of hair on your pillow or in the shower.
Hair loss occurs mostly on the scalp. But it can involve eyebrows, eyelashes, beards — any hair-bearing site. Patches vary in size.
- “Exclamation mark” hairs: Often, a few short hairs occur in or at the edges of the bare spots. These hairs get narrower at the bottom, like an exclamation mark.
- Widespread hair loss: With time, some patients go bald. Some lose all their body hair, too. This is not common. Also uncommon is a band of hair loss at the back of the scalp.
- Nail problems: Alopecia areata also can affect your fingernails and toenails. Nails can have tiny pinpoint dents (pitting). They also can have white spots or lines, be rough, lose their shine, or become thin and split. Rarely nails change shape or fall off.
Sometimes nail changes are the first sign of alopecia areata.
Who gets alopecia areata?
People can have this type of hair loss at any age. It often begins in childhood. Some patients with alopecia areata have a family member who also has the disease.
What causes alopecia areata?
Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease. Autoimmune means that the body's immune system attacks the body. When alopecia areata develops, the body attacks its own hair follicles. A person's genetic makeup, combined with other factors, triggers this form of hair loss.
Alopecia areata: Diagnosis and treatment
How do dermatologists diagnose alopecia areata?
Sometimes a dermatologist can diagnose alopecia areata by looking at the hair loss.
If the patch of hair loss is expanding, the doctor may pull out a few hairs. These hairs will be looked at under a microscope.
Sometimes the dermatologist will perform a skin biopsy to confirm that the disease is alopecia areata. To perform a skin biopsy, the dermatologist removes a small piece of skin so that it can be studied under a microscope.
Blood tests may be necessary if the dermatologist thinks the patient might have another autoimmune disease.
How dermatologists treat alopecia areata?
There is no cure for alopecia areata. Hair often re-grows on its own. Treatment can help the hair re-grow more quickly. A dermatologist may prescribe one or more of the following to help the hair re-grow more quickly:
- Minoxidil: A hair re-growth medicine, minoxidil 5%, may help some patients re-grow their hair.
- Anthralin: This medicine alters the skin’s immune function.