Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
I am Hema and I want to know that some times my eyes were itching I am working on computers always is it the reason?
Good morning doctor I am Tejal I am 23 year old boy and I have eyes conjtivity problem last two days what should I do.
I am 17 years old and I have problems in my eyes when I started study continue 5 years my eye became silly red give an advice due to what I have done to this.
Hi! I am 46 yrs old and had a stroke of ischeamic heamorrhage at 37 age, due to which lost perypheral vision, now it improved 50%, will I get back my complete vision as perypheral vision fields effected? please advise a consultant
I have problem in my eyes now I want anew eye so that I can see everything clearly otherwise I n going to kill my self.
I am not able to sleep before 3 am. I tried my best but I couldn't. Several times in a day water is coming out of my eye? Suggest me for the treatment.
I feel some itchiness in my eyes after all day long working on computer systems and headache as well. I am already using specs with -5 power. Please advice.
My father 64 years old has edima in eyes. He has been through 2 doses of avastin and 3 doses of ozurdex in both left and right eye, still the edema comes back. What could be the reason? he is diabetic but blood sugar levels are very much under control. Protein loss through kidneys have also been tested and no such exists, please advice.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.