Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhasarathan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DhasarathanYour feedback matters!
What is the symptoms of disease flu which medicines is more useful for cure the disease flu, in how many days patient to recover from it?
My left hand (or I can say nerve) is paining from 2 days. Im using handgrips from 3 to 4 days. But why isn't my right hand paining?
I am 17 years old female. From last few days I whenever I eat anything I feel like loose motions and vomiting but there is no vomiting. Doctor please help me is there anything serious. My leg hurts above my knee.
How to avoid from Diwali crackers smoke, how to protect from it and what precautionary measures can be taken during lightening.
My Penis is small sized. So I am suffering from many problems. I can't sex someone in comfortable condition. So I wanna make it large nd hard. Please suggest me the best options. .i will be thankful if you suggest me as quick as possible.
Hi I am a 27 year old women. Married for six months now. I am facing certain changes in my skin. First it was itching and now I have noticed a patch on. My lower cheek. please suggest.
Hi, Actually from 2 days I am suffering from tonsillitis. Until now have not taken any medicine. I want you to suggest me some medicines for tonsillitis. And I have also suffered before like this. In body it's too weakness and fever+common cold and I am feeling very uneasiness. Please tell me what to do. Looking forward for your answer. Thank you.
Everyone forgets things once in a while, but for some people this forgetfulness can be a sign of a bigger problem. People who cannot remember important information about their life may be said to be suffering from dissociative amnesia. This can cause memory loss of specific events and themes or make the person forget a majority of their identity and history in general. This dissociative disorder can be mild or be severe enough to affect the daily functioning of a person.
Lost memories cannot be brought back with treatment but treatment can help a person suffering from this disorder reconnect with people and feel secure in their surroundings. The treatment of this condition must be customized to the person’s symptoms.
Some forms of treatment for dissociative amnesia are:
- Psychotherapy: This is also known as talk therapy as it largely involves conversations between the patient and doctor. It is the main form of therapy used to treat this condition and can also act as an umbrella for many other types of therapy.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: Cognitive therapy focuses on changing the person’s behaviour. It focuses on thinking patterns and feelings that are harmful to the person self-image.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing: Dissociative amnesia is often associated with traumatic events. In such cases eye movement desensitization and reprocessing is used to address symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorders such as nightmares and flashbacks.
- Dialectic behaviour therapy: People who have suffered from abuse or trauma may have severe personality disturbances which may include dissociative amnesia. In such cases, dialectic behaviour therapy may be used.
- Family therapy: Dissociative amnesia is often a recurrent condition and affects not only the life of the patient but that of his or her family as well. Hence therapy for the entire family is often necessary.
- Creative therapies: Cognitive therapy includes art therapy, music therapy etc. This allows patients to explore different ways of expressing their thoughts and feelings.
- Meditation: Meditation and practising relaxation techniques make people more aware of their internal stress levels and equip them to better handle their symptoms.
- Clinical hypnosis: When being used to treat this disorder, hypnosis allows a person to express thoughts and emotions they may have hidden form their conscious minds. Through hypnosis the patient can achieve a different state of consciousness through relaxation techniques, concentration and attention.
- Medication: Dissociative amnesia cannot be treated through medication but antidepressants and anti-anxiety medication can help deal with the disorder by calming the mind.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!