Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DharmarajYour feedback matters!
I want to know the early symptoms of pregnancy. I had my periods on 15th feb. Last week my lower abdomen was paining a lot and also pain in my breast. Was feeling full bloated and less hungry. Now also sometimes little little pain in breast and not much hungry. Am I pregnant?
I am pregnant I already had four month old baby girl and I don't have any one to look after the baby and with this pregnancy I am in serious problem since first one is very small I can't afford this at present please suggest medicine to abort it I will be very grateful to you if you kindly help me out of this problem so prescribe medicine which is available over counter. Thank you advance.
My wife is pregnant from 7 wks (according to ultrasound report). I want to ask you that is it safe to eat potato and rice in pregnancy ?
Hello I had sex with my gf after that I had given her unwanted 72…but after 1 hr her head is paining then next day she is ok…then at afternoon her head is again paining but not more .but at night her head is paining alot is is it sideeffect due to unwanted 72 and if then tell me what to do…plz help me.
(this is IVF case) Hello Dr, there is case of twins pregnancy. 7 month is completed. Now sudden three days before we go for the routine check up and Dr. Tell that 1 fetus is dismissed. Now I want to know What can I do now! Is second baby is safe now. Plss tell asap.
Me and my husband are planning for child from last 4 months .but I couldn't conceive. Yesterday I got periods again and my menstrual cycle is regular of 28- 30 days. please suggest me when should we copulate to conceive and should I use ovulation predictor kit? And what other things or deficiencies I can have that hinders my conception.
I am sudha 32years old, I want to know the medicine prescribed for abortion, b'coz I already have 2 children. This is my third one which I do not want, its only 10 to 12 days missing my periods. Kindly sugest any medicine to intake which has no side effects.
I am 17 days pregnant and as per my doctor's prescription I am taking ausum and dubagest tablets 1 in a day. I am getting sudden headache. Please suggest me what to do. Also if you can guide me about my diet chart.
I miscarried on 7th March and bleeds for 7days, after 2 we had intercourse, after that the brown color stringy discharge from vagina, what it causes, shall we intercourse again or should wait (if we have to wait, how many days?).
I have missed period in jan 2015 and till now it is started and on nov and dec 2014 there is very less bleeding and i hav intercourse on jan 3 and 31 what should i do plz tell
Sunlight plays a significant role in enhancing the sex hormones in human blood. Sunlight has a direct impact on brain’s serotonin production, which promotes sexual activity. It aids sexual development, improved fertility, increased arousal, heightened libido, enhanced sensations.
The Sunshine Vitamin (Vitamin D):
About 80% of Vitamin D, a steroid hormone is produced in our skin due to sunlight exposure, the ultraviolet-B (UVB) exposure to be precise. Vitamin D deficiency results in low sex drive in both men and women.
Sunlight exposure stimulates man’s libido by enhancing testosterone levels in the body.
Vitamin D deficiency causes low estrogen levels in women. A hormone regulated by the photosensitive pineal gland, LH (luteinizing hormone), is responsible for ovulation. Inadequacy of this hormone can hamper fertility. The sun exposure also reduces the level of melatonin hormone which curbs fertility.It’s not surprising that there are higher chances to conceive during summer.
Too much exposure to the Sun in our climatic conditions can be harmful.
Abortion is the expulsion of products of conception either fully or partially.
The causes of abortion vary from hormonal disturbances any trauma or injury, a severe shock, infectious and foetal abnormalities. It is a nature's way of rejecting a malformed baby.
Other reasons can be:
Uterine weakness or displacement.
Cervical canal weakness.
Bleeding from vagina either profuse or in spots.
Pain is usually the dull type of pain in abdomen and back.
DO'S and DONT'S:
If you have a bad obstetric history like repeated abortions, malformed foetuses, consult a gynaecologist as soon as pregnancy is suspected.
Do not over strain, carry weights, or do laborious jobs during pregnancy.
Take plenty of rest but do take some light exercise. Exercises should be done only under the medical guidance or expert opinion.
Take doctor's advice on diet and medicate.
Do not self-medicate.
Hi doc, I am suffering form pocs from 7 years and having thyroid 7 years onwards 3 years back I get married we are trying for a baby doc suggested for laparoscopy is it necessary or any alternative method please doc help me.
Hello doctor. I was due for my period on 7th may. But I had sex on 6th may. Which was unprotected though he did not ejaculate inside me. Are there chances of getting pregnant cause I did not get my period today as due.
I have an issue of irregular periods. Please suggest me the home made tips which helps for regular periods.
Dear doctor I am fatty after baby. I have every time pain in my joint. Please tell me what to do to reduce my fat. I also working am I setting in chair 8 hour. Please give me suggestion.
1. Eggs are considered a great option to increase sperm count, as well as improve their motility. High in vitamin e and full of protein, eating eggs protect sperm cells from the free radicals that can decrease your count. These nutrients assist in the production of strong and healthy sperm, which is important to fertility.
2. Spinach folic acid is vital to the development of healthy sperm. Spinach and other types of leafy green vegetables are a rich source of this vitamin. When your folate levels are low, there is a greater chance you will produce malformed sperm. This will lead to sperm that will have a hard time reaching the egg and penetrating its protective barrier. Also, there is a greater chance of birth defects because of the faulty sperms chromosomal abnormalities.
3. Bananas are full of vitamin a, b1 and c, which help your body produce healthier sperm, as well as increase your sperm productivity. This tropical fruit also contains a rare enzyme called bromelain. This is a natural anti-inflammatory enzyme which also boosts sperm count and motility.
4. Dark chocolate dark chocolate is often associated with lust filled rendezvous. Strawberries dipped in chocolate next to a glass of champagne on a bedside table greet many a guest during their honeymoon. What you probably didn't know is dark chocolate is great for your sperm count as well. It contains an amino acid called l-arginine hcl known to increase semen volume and sperm count. It has also been rumored to increase orgasm intensity.
5. Asparagus another food to increase sperm count is the green vegetable called asparagus. Super high in vitamin c, it has a wide range of positive effects on your sperm. It protects the cells of your testicles and fights free radicals, allowing for greater sperm production of healthy swimmers.
6. Broccoli besides asparagus, another green vegetable full of folic acid is broccoli. Folic acid, also known as vitamin b9, is already known to help women conceive and is now becoming more recognized as important in male fertility. In one study, men taking a daily dose increased their sperm count by as much as 70%.
7. Pomegranatesthis delicious fruit is known as a powerful food to increase sperm count and improve semen quality. It is full of antioxidants that fight free radicals in the blood stream. Unchecked, they can destroy semen and significantly decrease your sperm count. The juice of pomegranates has been recorded throughout history as being used as a fertility booster.
8. Walnuts are full of omega-3 fatty acids that help boost sperm volume and production by increasing blood flow to the testicles. It is also full of arginine, known to increase semen volume. It contains twice as much antioxidants than another nuts, helping you fight toxins in your blood stream
9. Garlic is known around the world as a food good for boosting immunity. Among its many properties are vitamin b6 and selenium, both of which play roles in healthy sperm production. Taken by many for its blood cleansing abilities, garlic prevents buildup in arteries and allows for better blood flow to your testicles.
10. Zinc rich foods rich in zinc include barley, red meat, beans, etc. Zinc plays a vital role in sperm development. The mineral is found in high concentrations in testicles during the production of healthy, strong semen. So important is zinc, deficiencies of the mineral has been blamed for low sperm motility. It is important to note you can have too much zinc so it is imperative to regulate your intake to about 15 mg per day.
Pregnancy is a time when your body undergoes a plethora of changes, both emotionally and physically. In such a situation, an acute liver failure only triggers further complications, threatening to affect both the mother and the fetus. The ambit of liver diseases range from mild complications to those that can be life threatening. Acute liver failure or ALF, as it is commonly known as in medical parlance is a condition which is caused when then there is a sudden impairment of the ability of the blood to clot. In spite of the erratic nature of the ailment and its ability to affect anybody with a complete disregard of the individual's pre-existing history of liver problems, there are certain causes that are said to propel it. Some of them are:
- Eclampsia with liver infraction: This is an extremely rare condition. Generally, eclampsia refers to the occurrence of convulsions in pregnant women, mostly in those who suffer from high blood pressure. Those women who suffer from eclampsia along with liver infraction are more susceptible to have a liver failure.
- Hepatic rupture: Much like eclampsia, hepatic rupture is also caused in women who have high blood pressure. This heightens the risk of an impending liver failure in pregnant women.
- Fatty liver: Sometimes excess of fat develops in the liver deterring its functioning. This is not only detrimental to your health but also poses a great danger in triggering a liver failure.
In spite of these, there have been multiple treatments which have developed to manage and curb it. Some of them are:
- Remedial measure for coagulation: The inability of blood to clot blood is known as coagulation which is extremely fatal and one of the primary causes that leads to liver failure. Therefore timely and potent intervention of medicine is important to prevent that and in turn diminish the possibility of liver failure.
- Volume replacement: Volume replacement refers to the condition where fluids are resuscitated or replenished into the body, those that were lost but at the same time are mandatory for the proper functioning of the body.