Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dharmalingam
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. DharmalingamYour feedback matters!
A sweet way to healthy living, is it even possible? Yes! Did you know that eating honey every day can keep you hale and healthy? You have a reason to smile, as you often control yourselves owing to the calories that come with sweetness. If there is one food that is sweet and healthy, it is none other than honey. Honey contains a treasure chest of hidden nutritional and medicinal values. The sweet golden liquid from the beehive is a popular kitchen staple loaded with antibacterial & antifungal properties and it has been used since ancient times. It is known as a power food in Ayurveda.
Apart from being one of the tastiest sweeteners in the world, honey contains compounds which provide you with immense health benefits. Ayurveda emphasizes the goodness of honey in its treatment methods and here are some of those benefits:
- Honey acts as an organic immunity booster: As per the Ayurveda, honey can be used as an ultimate immunity booster. Since the ancient times, honey has been used to create a harmony and perfect balance between the five senses. Daily and balanced consumption of honey undoubtedly leads to improved eyesight, cures impotence, diarrhea and bronchial disorders and more. When consumed with the other medicated herbs, honey increases the effectiveness of those herbs. Due to a powerful immunity system, cough and throat problems also get reduced as a result.
- Rich in antioxidants: The antioxidants present in honey help to prevent cancer, high blood pressure and makes your skin healthy. Good quality honey contains a generous amount of antioxidants, such as phenols as well as nutritious compounds like organic acids, flavonoids, etc. Antioxidants can prevent some types of cancer and also help in reducing extremely high blood pressure. The antioxidants in honey also enable you to get a healthy, glowing skin. It can be used as a natural conditioner in the case of rough and frizzy hair.
- Keeps your heart healthy: Yes, you can control heart diseases, blood sugar and diabetes with a regular dose of honey. Honey helps you to reduce weight and enable you to reduce the risk of heart diseases. A controlled intake of honey helps in reducing the level of LDL or bad cholesterol or the low-density lipoproteins. At the same time, it raises the level of high-density lipoproteins or HDL or good cholesterol. For weight watchers and people on a diet, honey is a safe option, as it reduces the level of triglycerides, thus reducing the risk of heart diseases and the type 2 diabetes.
- Honey acts as natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal element: Honey is known to release hydrogen peroxide which acts as an anti-microbial agent that prevents the growth of bacteria.The use of raw honey mixed with water can be used as a mouthwash. Also rubbing honey directly on affected gums gives instant relief from pain and inflammation and other periodontal diseases. It work wonders in any case of gastroenteritis caused by bacteria. The existence of good bacteria like the lactobacilli or bifidobacteria enables it to heal any burn or wound quickly.
- Helps with sleep and associated issues: Quite often if you tend to suffer from insomnia or irregular sleep cycles which can result in frequent memory loss along with some other problems. Honey prevents extreme cellular damages by enabling the body to absorb the required calcium.
The level of serotonin also gets increased by honey, and it improves one’s stressed mood and mental condition. Serotonin eventually gets transformed into melatonin which prevents irregular sleep cycles. With just a spoon of honey early in the morning, take advantage of the goodness of honey; adapt your mind, body, and soul to healthier lifestyle options.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 18 years old girl, having 39 kg weight and a skinny body just looking like a 8th class student yet i'm going to start graduation. How I can gain weight as soon as possible and get a healthy look instead of being skinny.
Test for a female showed following results: photometery - amylase: 132, lipase 54. 2, total cholasterol: 216, ldl cholasterol: 145, asparate aminotransferase (sgot) 38. 3, alanine transaminase (sgpt)45, sereum globulin: 3. 25 - oh vitamin d (total) 22. 3, eosinophils: 6. 2, hematocrit (pcv)47. 5, mean corp hemo. Conc (mvhc) 29. 1, red cell distribution width - sd (rdw-sd) 55. 9, red cell distribution width (rdw-cv) 15. 6. Rest of the tests show normal figures. Please advise if any medicines/ change in food habits are required?
I have sex today. After sex she's uncomfortable with her vagina. Like Combustion. What does it mean? And what should I do?
I am male 23 only. I am facing some pimples problem over 5 years. I have consult a some doctors too. Am from near Salem tamilnadu. Is any doctors available there.
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.