Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. DhandapaniYour feedback matters!
My HIV results were Negative after 2 months one week is this a good sign or should I wait till 3 month.
*Though tropical countries like India has enough sunlight, the vitamin D deficiency has become widespread due to changed lifestyle and job profiles
*Vitamin D deficiency is rapidly gaining epidemic proportions yet it remains the most under-diagnosed and under-treated nutritional deficiency in the world
*It is easily preventable by getting more exposure in the sun, eating more dairy products and vitamin D-rich foods and taking supplements as prescribed by the doctor
My Father's age is 62 and he suffer asthma last 16 years, please tell me the how I permanent cure my father diseases?
My salivary gland secretion is very much high ever moment I have to split what can I do to over secretion of saliva.
I have suffering with diabetes from last 8 yrs . Me Age is 37 yers. On sunday I checked my HBA1C is 8.3 % & Fasting gluose is 113 . I had used Gyalo M2 forte at evening & Morning .Please suggest
I have a pus discharge from my penis. And some redness on the fore skin. What should I be doing for it?
Hi Dr. .I have one doubt. Before sex in mood penis become big that time some little colourless gel came. Then sex time white sperms will come. What is the difference between white sperms and gelly.
I am 20 years old I always have been suffering from headache in only night when it comes to sleep but all medicine is tried but it is not secure to me.
I have an ear ache, wax keepsflowing out of my ear. It is definitely not normal. So, What could it mean? Do I need help?
What are the reasons of causing tuberculosis and how can we escape from tuberculosis and what precautions should be taken who's suffering from it.
Cervical spondylosis is a disorder that affects the joints and disc around the cervical region or neck. Earlier, it was believed that spondylosis can occur in old people only and is an age-related disorder. However, it is not true nowadays. Today, even youngsters complain of pain in the neck region due to cervical spondylosis. It occurs mostly to people who spend longer hours sitting and working on the computer. It is caused due to damage of cartilage and bones in this region. Symptoms of cervical spondylosis include chronic pain and stiffness around the neck.
Causes for Cervical Spondylosis:
A number of factors can be responsible for cervical spondylosis. Following are the common causes for the disorder:
- Overgrowth of Bones in the Neck Region: This can hamper the sensitive areas around the spine.
- Drying of Fluid: The spinal bone is made up of disc-like structures. There is fluid present in between the disks. Spondylosis is often caused due to the drying up of this fluid.
- Herinated Disks: In some cases, cracks get developed on the disks. This causes leakage of fluid in between them. Consequently, the nerves in this region get damaged.
- Injury: If you have had an injury to your neck, such as during a fall or car accident, this can accelerate the aging process.
Homeopathic Medicines to Cure Cervical Spondylosis:
There are homeopathic medicines, which can cure cervical spondylosis over a period of time. However, the dosage of these medicines must be administered properly to get rid of the disorder. Some of these useful medicines have been listed below:
- Conium: This medicine is prescribed for patients suffering from vertigo. If a patient feels pain or vertigo while turning the head sideways or lying down on bed, this medicine can prove helpful. Other symptoms that should be taken into account while prescribing this drug include feeling of tightness in the temporal region and pain in occipital area.
- Gelsemium: If the pain in the neck region extends to the back of the head, one may be given doses of Gelsemium. The patient complains of having the pain at the centre of the occipital region. Besides, the patient will feel inactive, dull and dizzy most of the times.
- Kalmia Latifolia: This is given when the pain spreads upto the arm region and fingers. The pain can also be felt around the shoulder blades. The patient suffers from frequent nausea. The pain increases when the patient tries to look down.
- Silicea: When the pain is felt on eyes or forehead, this medicine is prescribed. It is also useful in treating spine curvature. These patients cannot adjust with cold weather. They feel chilly most of the times. The get quick relief by warm fomentation.
- Calcarea Phos: This is useful for treating patients who have developed spondylosis due to the overgrowth of bones in the cervical region or bone spurs.