Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhanarajan P
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Dhanarajan PYour feedback matters!
I have 4 months baby. I m breastfeeding my baby. As someone told me that the breastfeeding mother shouldn't sleep on her back as the milk should go back and there will be no milk for breastfeed. Is it truth?
I am 37 years old lady with 72 kg weight. I am taking 100 mcg thyronorm daily. Today my TSH is 9.099 how much thyronorm should I take then?
We may be lost in progression and may have a lot to achieve in life, there may be things that we just cannot let go off, such as success and in such a rush for advancement and success we may be overlooking health in the bargain. Though we may not realize it, but as age progresses, the health takes a toll and the disease fighting and sustenance abilities of the body also start to decline. One of the most common problems that a lot of people go through is the weakening of the bones.
There may be instances, particularly in women, where they may feel fatigued and tired and this is something that most women may ignore so that they may be able to concentrate on the other aspects of life. However, more than often, the problems that the women face are known to be symptoms of health issues such as Osteopenia. Osteopenia is a problem of the bones where they gradually lose their natural ability to make sufficient amount of calcium necessary for the health and safety of the bone structure and when the problem takes a sever turn it may lead to osteoporosis.
Knowing the symptoms:
The problem of osteopenia may not have obvious symptoms in the beginning but people who suffer from the problem may complain of the following issues:
- A lot of people may experience lower back pain when they are suffering from osteopenia.
- The back pain may also arise from the hunching of the back which is another symptom of the health issue.
- There have been instances of patients suffering from lowering of the height when they are suffering from the bone related issue.
- The fracturing of bones becomes more likely for people who suffer from the problem.
- Lots of people may also end up losing teeth due to the issue.
- One of the biggest symptoms is that the patients of osteopenia usually also develop osteoporosis in the advanced stages of the issue.
Though there is no confirmed cure for the issue, it is possible to be able to control the problem and limit its ill-effects or symptoms. With a revision of dietary habits to include foods that help in the increase of calcium you may be able to control the problem to a great extent. It may also be possible to keep the issue under check by following healthy lifestyle habits such as quitting smoking or following regular exercise routines or taking the right treatment or medications as suggested by a specialist. Sometimes a disease can be a result of an underlying illness that you are unaware of, which is why self-diagnosis or treatment may not be advised and it is always wiser to take help from your physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Right shoulder pains a lot I usually play cricket but these days I couldn't even throw the ball also can I know the reason and what should I do for that.
I am having continuous pain in my tail bone. I am a sales professional and that requires travelling. The pain intensifies when I am sitting continuously. Please advice.
I have diabetes & arthritis. I have very difficulty in bending my fingers & also my legs pain alot. Is there any home treatment for this? To ease the pain. & how to get rid of these diseases?
I am suffering frm a neck pain for 3 months. When I spray volini it becomes alright fr sometime nd after that it start as previous.
Doctor told, when I could not lift my left hand to take the x-ray it might be a small hairline crack ,what do you think.
Arthritis is a common ailment that affects a majority of adults across the globe. It can affect any joint in the body and cause inflammation, pain, and swelling. When arthritis affects the shoulders, it causes stiffness, pain, and lack of movement.
Signs and symptoms of arthritis of the shoulder:
The only symptom caused by shoulder arthritis is a pain, which, in turn, causes a limited range of motion. It is worth discussing these symptoms in detail:
- Pain: Any kind of activity concerning the shoulder aggravates the pain and it usually worsens with the passage of time. When arthritis affects the glenohumeral shoulder joint, the pain is mostly felt at the back of the shoulder and tends to get more severe with weather changes. Many patients also complain of pain present deep in the joint. On the other hand, the pain of arthritis in the acromioclavicular joint is centred on the topmost part of the shoulder. In some people, rheumatoid arthritis affects the entire shoulder when both acromioclavicular and glenohumeral shoulder joints are affected.
- Lack of motion: The pain caused by arthritis of the shoulder leads to a limited range of motion and it may be difficult to take part in a common day to day activities as well. People affected with arthritis of the shoulder are not able to lift their arm or comb their hair or pick up something from the ground. There could also be a snapping sound when one tries to move his or her shoulder.
But not all individuals affected by shoulder arthritis have pain and loss of range of motion. Some people having severe joint problems have very few symptoms.
Causes of Arthritis of the Shoulder!
Age is one of the most compelling causes of shoulder arthritis as it generally affects people aged over 50 years. However, it may also occur in younger individuals after experiencing a trauma or injury such as an accident or fracture or dislocation or severe infection. Arthritis of the A-C joints affects younger people while that of the G-H joint affects older people though there can be exceptions as well. Also, arthritis is genetic as well which means in a family affected with arthritis, every individual possesses a risk of being affected by it. Other causes of arthritis include:
- Gout: Gout is arthritis that occurs when there is an accumulation of excess uric acid.
- Juvenile arthritis: This kind of arthritis leads to pain, swelling and stiffness in the shoulders.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: This is a chronic inflammatory disease of the joints which takes place when the immune system instead of shielding the body from foreign bodies, attacks the thin membrane lining of the joints.
Although there is no treatment that can absolutely cure arthritis of the shoulder, numerous pain management options are available. It is important to talk to an expert and decide which course of action can offer maximum relief.
Our bones and joints make us functional on a day to day basis. It is, therefore, imperative that we should take good care of them at all times. There are many conditions that can affect our skeletal system and one of them is, Gout. While the link between the two may not be that obvious, gout happens to be a condition, which is sometimes related to arthritis. Therefore, it is sometimes known by the name 'gouty arthritis'.
While the issue may be severely painful, it does not mean that it cannot be reduced. And of course, when a person has the option and cutting the pain caused by gout drastically, his or her natural response is likely to be 'why not?'
Why Does It Happen?
The main reason for the occurrence of gout is too much uric acid being present in the body. The limbs of the body swell up, especially the extremities and this is known to be very painful. In many cases of gout, the swelling is especially evident in the big toe. Flare ups can last hours on end and may even get longer.
The people who wish to get the gout that is putting him or her through so much pain treated, there are quite a few options at their disposal. There are pain relievers that can be consumed under the advice of a medically qualified professional. While these pain relievers do not treat gout, but can reduces the intensity of the symptoms. Daily doses can be recommended as per the requirement and severity of the situation.
How to Get Rid of Gout?
While some anti-inflammatory drugs may have their effect, but no matter how bad the pain, aspirin is a drug that needs to be avoided. Intake of aspirin can make the problem even worse, which is the last thing a person would want!
The severe problems of gout can be dealt with the chemicals known as corticosteroids. Now, while these can provide some very effective pain relief, using them can be tricky due to certain side effects. One of these side effects is that since these chemicals are injected into the joints, they can significantly weaken them. The other side effect is that they slow the healing process of the wound. Both of these side effects are highly undesirable for any patients. These chemicals are usually prescribed by the doctors after a thorough analysis of patient's condition and history.
A person who drinks alcohol and suffers from severe condition of gout should look to scale back the amount which is consumed by him or her. This is because alcohol increases the amount of uric acid which is present in the blood.