Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. DhanapalYour feedback matters!
Each tiny action we commit involves the risk of a condition, disease or disorder. For instance, sneezing a bit too hard can rupture an eye vessel, or having your face right up against the wind in a moving bus can expose you to germs. Diabetes is as prevalent as common cold in every household and there is no end to the list of causes that can make you suffer from it. While regular check-ups, medications, insulin shots can help you cope, there are certain measures that if followed, can enable you to avoid the risk of secondary yet fatal diseases. Diabetic nephropathy is one such condition.
When Kidney is affected to the extent that it cannot perform its functions(like excretion of wastes in urine, filtering blood from waste, maintaining electrolyte balance,etc.) properly, it is called as Nephropathy. The reason behind kidney damage could be many, but if diabetes is the prime cause, it is known as diabetic nephropathy in medical terms.
A few features of this disorder are as follows:
- The kidneys comprise of several small blood vessels, which perform the function of sifting waste from your blood. Diabetes at an advanced stage can impede smooth functioning of these vessels. As a result, the kidneys malfunction or a person faces kidney failure.
- Nephropathy brings along some other health issues as well. A person's blood pressure may increase as a result, thus making him or her prone to heart attacks and strokes. Sharp rise in cholesterol and triglyceride levels has also been noticed.
- A doctor will check for the presence of a protein called albumin in the patient's urine to know if you suffer from nephropathy or not. Other tests to determine the functioning of kidneys are - S.Creatinine, eGFR, Albumin/Creatinine Ratio (ACR), 24 Hour Urine Protein, Renal Function Tests, etc. A diabetic person should therefore go in for yearly tests.
In a given situation such as this, dialysis or kidney transplant comes to your aid. Both are done when kidney functions are irreversibly damaged. Dialysis can be of two kinds; Hemodialysis or Peritoneal dialysis. Dialysis (also called as Renal Replacement Therapy) remedies kidney damage and kidney failure by using a machine to extract salts, wastes and other fluids in excess from the blood to let your blood have a healthy composition. Dialysis should only be done under the supervision of an experienced nephrologist for best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Im diabetes, but in control conditions eventhrough im suffering from frequently urination about 10 to 12 times in a day. I diagnosed complete blood analysis, urine test about infection, but report is normal. There is absence of albumin, blood,microbes etc .please advice me in this issue.
My father (age 50) had cervical laminectomy four months ago and had urine infections 2-3 times and also he is on antidepressants from 4 months. But now his penis size is shrinking. He had noticed it from 3 months. What can be the cause? What it can be?
Sir I am a 30 years old. Male.i have problems while urinating. feel some burning sensation while urinating. Urine does not come frequently as usual also and have to go urine very un commonly. Sometimes I am jst done bt after sitting for a while have to go again. Pls give some suggestions what to do.
I am 33 years male and have been suffering from minute multiple colonel ulcers from 2011. After 3 years with vegas od1.2 and mesacol 8 mg, my dozes has been stopped. But don't feel ok. My stomach sometimes upset with constipation and loss motion. When I talk to my doctor, he told me it's a infection and prescribed normaxim rt. My bad food habits. 3 packs alcohol and 4 cigarettes.
Sir I am 20 years old and I have a habit of smoking I don't want to do it and I also want to quit smoking but I am not able to do so and one more problem is that sometimes my urine colour is red I am afraid of this please help me or please tell me if I need to do any type of tests.
My penis not wirk in day time its only work in night and morning till before going toilets. After toilets its not work. I want make better sex anytime with my girlfriend. So please give me good solution.
On 15th I had me periods and it lasted for only 4 days. On 23rd I had unproductive sex and I took an ipill within 12 hr. Today during urination I noticed blood and thought it was periods but it stopped within some minutes. Im not bleeding now. Am I pregnant? Please reply.
Hi I am shaikh I am having problem of stone in my urine bladder and burning urine from Las two years I am taking syrup stone16 I am 27 year old and married and no child What I do for that without operation.
I am suffering from anal fissure since 3 months so I have consult doctor but its nt curring sir so my work is to do marketing by travel by bus daily 3 hrs journey in bus its any problem to travel in bus I mean non stop sitting in bus upto 3 hrs.
Kindly advise alopathic medicine for fissure. Suggest the medicine which ia easily available in medical shops of india.
Sir. What are the symptoms of lever failure, Blood cancer or kidneys failure. Please reply much urgent. Thnx.
Treatment for Kidney stones varies depending on the size and type of the stone or the symptoms caused by it. In case of small stones, medication and simple changes in lifestyle can be enough to treat it, but surgeries and extensive treatments are required if symptoms are severe. Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
Small stones with minimal symptoms:
- Drinking water: Drinking around 3 liters of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Pain relievers: There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Medical therapy: In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Using sound waves to break up stones: In this technique, a procedure called Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), is employed. ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen.
- Surgical removal of kidney stones: Surgical removal of stones is done with the help of a procedure called nephrolithotomy. It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Ureteric Calculi (Using a scope to remove stones): A thin illuminated tube called ureteroscope is used to remove a comparatively smaller stone in the kidney or ureter. The ureteroscope is equipped with a tiny camera which determines the location of the stone which is then broken into pieces with the help of other instruments. It may require general or regional anesthesia.
Related Tip: "Kidney Stones and Your Diet"
Is irregular urination a symptom of kidney problems? What tests should I go for? I am having frequent urination these days? Can this cure by any medicines?
Hello, I am only 30 years old, and healthy. I found a little lump on the outer skin of my anus, it does not hurt so far and smaller than a pea. It do causes itching though every time. It's been a month now, when I clean after poo it itches so I go deep inside to clean it properly. Again the soft stool began to continue. This morning while I was doing the same I got blood not coming out but inside. Could it be a cancer. How can I prevent or cure it.
Nephrotic syndrome is a type of kidney disorder wherein, the body passes out excess amount of proteins through urine, owing to the damage caused to the tiny clusters of blood vessels in the kidneys. The symptoms include putting on excessive weight as a result of fluid retention, foamy urine and severe swelling around the region of the feet, ankles and eyes.
Common causes behind it
- Minimal change disease (also known as nil disease) leads to the abnormal functioning of the kidneys
- Excess deposit of amyloid proteins in the organs, thus taking a toll on the filter mechanism of the kidneys.
- Diabetes affecting the glomeruli (capillaries present in the nephrons of the kidneys).
- Systemic lupus erythematous causing chronic swelling of your kidney.
- Membranous nephropathy wherein the membranes in your glomeruli thicken.
- Infections such as malaria, hepatitis C, hepatitis B and HIV.
- Medications to combat infections and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Kidney Biopsy is an essential part of disease assessment.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors bring down blood pressure levels as well as the amount of protein discharged from the urine.
- Water pills help control sweating, thus, increasing the fluid flushed from the kidneys.
- Statins reduce cholesterol levels.
- Blood thinners such as anticoagulants lower the risk of blood clots.
- Corticosteroids regulate the immune system and ease the inflammation that results from kidney disorders.
- Incorporating certain lifestyle changes such as opting for lean proteins, cutting on the intake of fat in the diet and consuming lesser amounts of salt can treat inflammation and swelling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.