Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. DhanapalYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from severe ctvs problem my heart is working just 20% my aorta has been expanding doctors refused to undergo operation what's my best treatment now ?
I feel tired while going to work. I'm okay on a holiday. Nowadays I think I have heart palpitations. I'm overweight and I have slight anxiety. Never had panic attacks. But sometimes feel dizzy and feel i'm about to faint. Sometimes I feel like I have pain in my left chest. But its not deep inside. Maybe bad sleeping posture. Please help me.
She have a rear hole in their heart then what exercise she will do for remove a hole and give some remedies also.
Cholesterol is a type of fatty acid that is produced by the liver. The body uses cholesterol to perform various activities such as synthesizing of hormones, bile acid and vitamin D. Ayurveda views it as an important component of the body in terms of lubrication. The Ayurvedic approach of balancing cholesterol is not only to curb the cholesterol amount, but also to strictly control diet so that the secretion of cholesterol can be curtailed. Here are a few Ayurvedic hat-tips that can help to lower cholesterol and restore normal body function of the body:
- Medicago satina: They are better known as Alfalfa and is famous for their ability to deal with artery-related diseases. They are capable of clearing arteries that are congested with cholesterol. They can be consumed daily as a whole or by mixing them in juice.
- Arjuna: Arjuna is yet another powerful Ayurvedic herb that is mighty powerful in dealing with cardiac conditions such as heart blockages, heart attacks etc. The bark of the Arjuna tree can be taken and consumed in the form of powder. They have the capability to dissolve cholesterol and prevent heart blockages. This should be consumed earlier in the morning, before breakfast with lukewarm water.
- Coriander: Coriander is considered to be one of the best herbal diuretic agents. It can revitalize the kidneys and help them perform better in terms of excretion of waste. The kidney, therefore, can flush the excess cholesterol from the body. Coriander can be consumed along with food on a daily basis.
- Garlic: Garlic again has been known to mankind for centuries and is extremely beneficial for people suffering from high cholesterol. Two cloves of garlic on a daily basis can completely neutralize the effect of high cholesterol in the blood. Apart from freeing up arteries, garlic has multiple other health benefits.
- Guggulu: This herb is one of the popular herbs among ayurvedic practitioners for treating high blood pressure and high cholesterol in the blood. They contain guggulsterones, which is known to be an active blocker of bad cholesterol in the blood. Consumption of 25 mg of this substance can make a person totally free from high cholesterol. They can be taken after any meals.
- Holy basil or tulsi: Holy basil is another popular and traditional Indian hub that is extensively used by ayurvedic practitioners to treat high cholesterol in the bloodstream. They can eliminate excess cholesterol through the kidneys. It is used for preparing multiple medicines. It is a proven medicinal herb that is very efficient in dealing with excess cholesterol in the blood. They have the ability to disintegrate cholesterol from the body. 2-3 leaves of tulsi can be consumed on a daily basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My thyroid is is 45 tsh according to the tests. And my Bp is also very high. Can you tell some exercise or medicine to decrease my thyroid and Bp levels.
Hi i am Male 49, having unstable angina, sugar feeling weakness always what is the reason and what is the remedy
I underwent angioplasty and got a stent fixed for a 99% block about 20 days back. My diet chart strictly prohibits nuts. I am very fond of nuts. Can I eat nuts now and if so what kind of nuts are safe for me.
Im butchireddy im suffering with breathing problem. Sometimes it blocks my heart upto burp coming. It comes on night also totally it holds my breath. In that time im very hard to take breathe. So please fwd how to rectify thus.
I had got done angioplasty in 2006. L am rgularly taking prescribed medicines. I get my lipid profile ; lft; sugar test; thiroid test etc. Done regularly and all the parameters are o. K. Off late now I am feeling exhausted frequently. What precautions/medicines I should take?
Hi, i have breathing problem most of the time my nose will be block and specially in the night time every day. Kindly suggest me how to come out from this problem ?
I suffer high blood pressure problem, I'm taking medicine twice in a day but my head is paining too much why?
What are the main reasons for the weight loss and head heart attack in people between the age group of 20 to 40 please rpl.
I am 50 years old male fitted with a stunt three years ago and on medication till now can I stop taking medicines as now I am feeling alright I am taking clopitab A75 and nebi 5 in the morning and Astin 80 in the night all one tablet each a day.
My daughter age 8 months old with congenital heart defect, recently echocardiogram report says ostium secundum atrial septal defect sizes of 0.8mm diameter, left to right shunt. No feeding problem. Is it necessary for open heart surgery to close the hole now at these age?
I have had 2 bypass operations 1993 and 2004. As I was margin diabetes Dr. advised me take precautions and medication. I take Hb1AC test once in 3 months and reading is 5.8 or below. Is it necessary to take fasting and post prandial readings. I do not take them.
16.8.2004 - B P - 160 / 100 ; 22.11.2004 - 160/100 put on Covance 50 mg; since 1.6.2005 on wards for the last 10 years taking Telsartan activ 40mg ,the BP is consistently 120/ 80. How long should I continue with the medication, as the BP is normal for the last decade can't I stop the medication, does it have any side effect. Also advised Rozat 5mg for Choloesterol. kindly Advice.
I am 31 male. I have lower back discomfort sometimes. Got MRI Spine, it shows very slight lumbar root nerve compression. Now mostly at night while trying to sleep, I get pulsing, twitching from knee till thighs and sometimes till chest which cause suffocation. That pulsing/twitching lasts for 5 mins or so and then vanishes.
I'm not able to sleep at night. I do not feel like sleeping in night. My right hand pains alot. My chest pains alot. Is it because of lack of iron or something?
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: Normal range varies with age of patient. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored. Regular health checkups can pick these diseases early and are encouraged. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.