Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. DhanapalYour feedback matters!
I am 61 years old and having diabetic, thyroid and BP problem for the last 15 years and taking medicines and are under control. I have frozen shoulder (left) and underwent cryotherapy, laser therapy and exercises 11 months back. While I am able to do normal work I still have some stiffness in four / five positions of the arm. Please let me know whether so much time is taken to cure completely. What I should do to cure completely?
I am 23years old female. Generally I face a menstrual problem due to PCOS and it delays till 3 months or so. Sometimes I feel a slight pain in my chest. Does these two problems correlated? What should I suppose to do now?
From heart point of view, using which oil (rice brine, mustard, refined sunflower, refined soybean) is the safest while cooking food? Moreover, does using single toned milk make a huge difference than double toned milk?
I have been suffering from blood pressure. I would like to know how I can reduce it. I smoke one cigarette a day.
Here are some tips to help you look after your heart.
1. Quit smoking now. Twelve months after quitting, your increased risk of dying from heart disease will be half that of a continuing smoker.
2. Improve your diet. Include wholegrain cereals, legumes, fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts in your diet and lower your risk of heart disease.
3. Exercise regularly. Walk briskly for 30 minutes a day and reduce your risk of heart attack by one third.
4. Maintain your friendships. People with supportive friendship networks are at less risk of heart disease.
5. Eat more fish. Oily fish like tuna, sardines or salmon are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and will boost your good cholesterol.
6. Switch your chocolate choice. Switch from milk chocolate to dark chocolate. When eaten in moderation, dark chocolate is good for your heart.
7. Limit your alcohol. It is recommended you limit yourself to no more than two standard glasses of alcohol a day if you are a man, or one glass a day if you are a woman.
8. Avoid salty and high sodium foods. Don't add salt when preparing or eating your meals.
9. Have a diabetes test. Uncontrolled diabetes can damage your artery walls and contribute to heart disease.
10. Make fitness fun. Choose activities that combine exercise and socialising like pilates, water aerobics, dancing, cycling or yoga.
I am suffering from cholesterol since eight months. Now I take Atchol 10 daily. Doctor advice me not to take milk. My question is shall I take coffee without milk?
Sir when I do exercise, play games and run my heartbeat increases and feel like that there is no energy in my body, and feel pain in my chest. Please help me to overcome from this problem. Thanks.
I am suffering from dry cough fr last two weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough. Can you pls suggest a solution to this?
I am 36 years old. Working as a Designer in Civil Engineer field. My daily works is like sitting in front of laptop since morning to closing of business hours under high pressures. Since 6 years because of laziness and due to busy in work I could not find time for any physical exercise. Now, after 8 hours good night sleep, I am feeling very tired and weak. Kindly suggest.
I am 47 year old man, my diastolic pressure observed since last 5 years is above 90 and sometime observed 106 as well? Now I have started medicines since last 3 months to control and it is about 88, but sometime still observed 95. What could be the reason and how to control? I diagnosed cholesterol in March 2016 9total 189, but triglyceride was 219 instead of limit 150, I am taking Tonact Tg to treat and now it is @128, shall I continue medi to control cholesterol as well?
Sir pl. Help me to get relief from severe constipation, I am 47 yrs. Old with high BP, Cholesterol,triglyceride and anal fissure.
65 year old hypertensive and diabetic female with T wave inversion V1 to V6 on ECG. ECHO and TMT done to evaluate further which was reported to be normal. 6 months back ECG did not have these changes. What could be the cause for these changes.
Cholesterol level are bit high in blood, but stress test found no angina no blockage was found in heart sonography and heart is perfectly ok. Nuthing found in chest x ray still having pain in chest wat could be the reason . Can anxiety causes chest pain ?
A kiwi looks like a fuzzy brown egg, on the inside its bright green pulp is sprinkled with a ring structured small and black seeds are superheated with important nutrients.
Once an exotic fruit, kiwis have now are plentiful.
Kiwis provide potassium in abundance, which help lower blood pressure and contain soluble fiber, pectin which help in cholesterol management.
Being high in soluble fiber, it plays a vital role in weight loss and management.
It contains powerful antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which are boon for eye health.