Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. DhananjayanYour feedback matters!
I am a 32 year old female, I had a thyroid problem from last 4 yrs, at that time the doctor suggested 100 mcg has to take daily, from last 4 yrs I am using that much dose. Some well wishers saying that it is high dose so consult a doctor now they will reduce the dose. But when ever I take a blood test it shows thyroid normal. From last one month I did not taken any medicine for thyroid and now I take a blood test then it showing t3, t4 is normal and tsh is 8.39 which is abnormal, so please suggest me that I need to take 100 mcg medicine for thyroid?
Thyroxine therapy is not bringing down my TSH levels inspite of maximum dose of 250 mcg per day . Please advise what to do ?
I got my thyroid results. It is hyperthyroidism. Doctor suggests to go for radioactive iodine. What to do? Are there any alternative treatments?
Hi doctor im 22 years old my fasting blood level was 148 is it a serious condition or can I reduce it by changing my life style my mother also have diabetes.
Hello sir my name is ravina kher I am 38 year old married woman I have blood sugar problem last one year what should I do please help me doctor.
She is my sister she had 19 years old she is suffering from over weight and irregular menstrual cycle. Is there any treatment with out using medicines and she is not having thyroid also.
I have hypothyroidism take medicine 100 electrocine I have no childrens thats effected 4 pregnancy.Please tell.
I am 54 years old. Type 2 diabetic. Fasting blood sugar ranging 115-130 with medicine. I feel iitching on the entire body. Kindly suggest.
Thyroid is one among the many glands in the endocrine system, whose secreted hormones regulate and maintain various metabolic activities. Thyroid problem, in generic terms, refers to a situation where there is an abnormal secretion of the thyroid hormone. The secretion can either be abundant, causing what is known as hyperthyroidism, or insufficient which, in turn is known as hypothyroidism. Both of these conditions are detrimental to health affecting not only your body weight but also the growth of bones and hair. Though different branches of medicines are constantly dabbling with this problem, Homeopathy is the most preferred choice.
Some of the reasons for it are:
- Treats severe sweating, problems in menstruation and constipation: One of the most important advantages of Homeopathy medicines is that each one of them is equipped to treat a host of ailments. The condition, hypothyroidism is symptomatic of excessive sweating on the head, constipation and problems in menstruating in women. All of these can be cured by the intake of Calcarea Carbonica.
- Cures paleness of skin, tendencies of fainting and hair fall: This is another characteristic of hypothyroidism, wherein you suffer from pale, yellow skin and are unable to bear extreme cold temperatures due to the lack of vitality and body heat.  At the same time, women in their menopause tend to suffer from excessive hair fall. In all of these situations, a Homeopathic medicine called Sepia Officinalis is extremely beneficial in curbing these.
- Does not create overt reliance on medicines: Hyperthyroidism is a condition that is marked by nervousness and anxiety. Though allopathic medicines have always been preferred to others, it must also been considered that in their attempt to cure, they end up creating an overt reliance of medicines in the patients.
- Suits everybody: The primary reason for preferring Homeopathy to others is their complete lack of any side-effect. Both allopathy and ayurveda may or may not work on certain individuals. However, that is not the case for Homeopathy as it does not adopt any artificial means to cure thyroid problems, rather uses natural means to regulate the secretion of the thyroid gland.
Best Ways to Balance Hormones Naturally:
- Eat Healthy Fats (Including Coconut Oil and Avocados)
- Supplement with Adaptogen Herbs
- Balance Your Intake of Omega-3 to Omega-6 Fats
- Improve Gut Health & Heal Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Eliminate Toxic Kitchen, Beauty and Body Care Products
- Exercise (Especially Interval Training)
- Reduce Stress & Get More Sleep
- Watch Your Caffeine & Alcohol Intake
- Back Off Birth Control Pills
- Supplement with Vitamin D3