Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhana Lakshmi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dhana LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hi! I have some doubt, Blood test for pregnancy is accurate when compared to Urine test. I have checked with strips two times it seems to be negative (urine test. Missed period (one month over), I have no feelings, I have little bit stomach ache is possible for pregnancy. Please anyone answer quickly.
Last 2 days I am feeling like vomiting almost in every time. and feeling heavy abdomen and I have done my intercourse in my 11 th day after my periods. and I was also planning for the baby and also feeling tired n also not feeling to eat. M I got pregnant.
I am 32 weeks pregnant, to mere 7 wa mahina chal raha hai ya 8 wa mahina? please tell me the right one. Mujhe due date nahi janna, abhi konsa mahina mera chal raha hai itna bata dijiye.
I am 21 years old and have had 1 miscarriage at 3 months and 2 chemical pregnancy im talking medications for thyroids and pcos I have normal period and cycle now had one overy removed due to torsion of ovarian cyst. My husband is 26 years old is in the driving field had his semen analysed and the results are as below microscopy:- Colour opaque gray Viscosity freedrops Volume 3.5 ml Reaction alkaline liquefaction time 30 min Microscopy:- Total count 80 million/ml Actively motile 10% Sluggish motile 40% Non motile 50% Pus cells 3-5/hpf Rbc 0-2/hpf Could you please like at the above and tell what medical and natural methods we can I do?
I am participating first time sex with wife on marriage night. How to participate without any diseases. And I want her to get pregnant.
I am 25 years old female and I have skin tags in anus also I am 9 month of pregnancy .this skin tag is increasing during my pregnancy. Is that affect to giving virginal birth or not.
Pumpkin, what comes to your mind when you hear this word? A nicely carved pumpkin to make a perfect looking jack-o’-lantern. In the USA, fall holidays or the festival of Halloween and Thanksgiving are celebrated with great enthusiasm with Pumpkin. They are not just good for pumpkin-carving contests, but a number of festival delicacies are prepared, such as pumpkin pies, bread and soup.
Is it all that is there to a pumpkin? No! Pumpkin is a highly nutritious plant and can make a brilliant addition to any meal. Cooked pumpkin proves to be a rich source of potassium and beta-carotene (vitamin A). Moist and sweet like a yummy squash, they are a good way to soothe your dry Vata and Pitta dosha. It also serves as “Basti Shodan” and helps maintain bladder health. As per the science of Ayurveda, the food we eat acts as medicine for our body and certain foods are considered exceptional as they offer numerous health benefits, and one among them is Pumpkin.
Here are some of the most important benefits that pumpkins proffer when you eat them regularly.
- Contains copious amounts of vitamin A: Daily consumption of pumpkin can give you high doses of vitamin A, which is necessary to maintain your eye health. Also, it will help you in maintaining your skin health, bones and teeth.
- It has a high dose of fiber: A bowl of mashed pumpkin contains 3 grams of dietary fiber while a handful of pumpkin seeds can give you 1.3 grams of this nutrient. Therefore, pumpkin serves you the required amount of dietary fiber as per our recommended daily requirement.
- Pumpkin can give you a good night’s sleep: Pumpkin seeds contain Tryptophan which is an amino acid that promotes better sleep while also improving your mood.
- Good for your heart health: The fiber content of pumpkin also protects your heart from a wide range of coronary diseases. It is also helpful in maintaining a healthy blood pressure level owing to the presence of phytoestrogens in it.
- Cools the system: Pumpkin also has a cooling effect on the body system which makes it very beneficial for people who suffer from heartburn and burning sensations in the hands, feet, and stomach. It helps in cooling the digestive systems which, in turn, reduces the impact of stomach infection, acid reflux, enlargement of liver and constipation.
Pumpkin can also help in eliminating the risk of diabetes, it can even help in controlling it for patients living with diabetes. The juice of petha or pumpkin is also useful for the health in a variety of ways - it can cure bleeding from any part of the body such as gums and nose. It can also control bleeding in case of piles. Bleeding, generally occurs due to a considerable rise in the body temperature and pumpkin with its cooling properties can easily maintain the temperature of your body. So, now that you are aware of the various benefits of pumpkin, it's time you start including it in your daily meals. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!