Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dhana LakshmiYour feedback matters!
I have breast pain. I have done mammography but the report is normal. But my both breast pains a lot. What to do? What may be the reason.
Trichomoniasis is one of the most commonly occurring sexually transmitted infections. It generally happens on account of having multiple sexual partners or not using condoms and other protective measures during sexual intercourse (vaginal or anal).
Trichomoniasis leads to a foul smelling vaginal discharge and other symptoms that include spotting/bleeding, painful urination, itching in the vaginal region, all of them resulting in painful sexual intercourse. The single- celled protozoa (pathogen) causing this infection is Trichomonas vaginalis.
The most common symptoms among women are:
- vaginal discharge, which can be white, gray, yellow, or green, and usually frothy with an unpleasant smell
- vaginal spotting or bleeding
- genital burning or itching
- genital redness or swelling
- frequent urge to urinate
- pain during urination or sexual intercourse
The most common symptoms in men are:
- discharge from the urethra
- burning during urination or after ejaculation
- an urge to urinate frequently
Treatment Options for Trichomoniasis-
The treatment options for Trichomoniasis can be categorized as follows:
Antibiotics such as ‘Tinidazole’ or metronidazole can be administered.
It is advisable not to consume alcohol within the first 24 hours of being administered ‘metronidazole’ and the first 72 hours of being administered tinidazole as it can lead to severe vomiting and nausea.
Metronidazole is strictly advised against during pregnancy as it can harm the baby.
How to Prevent Trichomoniasis?
The preventive measures include:
Indulging in safe sex is the best way to prevent Trichomoniasis.
Condoms should be used by both the male and the female partners during a sexual intercourse (anal or vaginal).
Sharing sex toys is another big ‘NO’ as the carriers of various STDs may spread through their common usage.
If a person has already been infected by Trichomoniasis then abstaining from sex is the safest option to prevent it from spreading. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi. My name is chaitu iam 25yrs old. Last year I got married. Since from four months I and my partner are trying for a baby. But the result is negative. I have a polycystic ovary syndrome. I consulted doctor about this. They suggested ayurvedic medicine. But no use. The most important thing is I have never missed my periods. I always have regular periods of 28days cycle. Can you please help me?
Mujhe 7 days se vegina me bahut jyada khujli ho rahi hai iska kya reason hai. please koi medicine ya gharelu upaye batye. Ya koi medicine jo local market me milti ho. please me bahut pareshan hu is khujli se. please fast reply me.
I got intimate with my partner and took unwanted-72 pill after 11 hrs nd 20 minutes. Are there still any chances of me getting pregnant? What measures can I take to prevent any risk of getting pregnant.
Hi m 29 year old. Now pregnant and its my first month of pregnancy. I came from India to UK for work since 9 months. My doctor here in UK did not give me any supplement other than folic acid. No iron. Calcium or anything. Is it ok? I feel tired all the time.
I slept with someone on 19 November with less than 2 mins of foreplay we realized and changed the mood but she won't get menses actually her cycle ended on 16 november. In pregnancy test it shows negative. But I'm still afraid of getting pregnancy?
I am experiencing blisters on my lips and symptoms that are similar to that ones in case of Herpes. I doubt that I have herpes. Is there a treatment available for it? How do I get sure if I have it? All the symptoms are of Herpes. It started 2 years ago. And it has become a regular thing.
I made love with my gf without using any precaution And she is 1 week away from her periods So shud she take any measures Like contraceptive pill and all!
What will the STD that cause small lymph node white discharge from anus tongue and mouth painful sores I had a unprotected sex 3 month HIV test says negative so what is the STD I may infected.
1. Take protein rich diet such as pulses, soya protein egg white etc
2. Do not starve take healthy snacks
3. Drink loads of water daily at least 6-7 litre
4. Do routine workout
5. Consider natural fat burners
6. Avoid fatty as well as sweet food
7. Limit your sleep to 6 hours for a day
8. Do not do over snacking between meals
Health benefits of Tapioca (Sabudana)
Sabudana, or tapioca, is a favourite breakfast and evening snack option in indian households. Sabudana khichdi, sabudana pakoda or sabudana kheer are served at indian dinner tables quite often. Apart from food, it is also commonly used to starch clothes. Here, we tell you about the other health benefits this food has to offer:
1. Tapioca is a good source of protein, which helps with muscle building, healing and strengthening. So vegetarians, turn to sabudana for your daily protein intake.
2. Tapioca is rich in iron and calcium, which helps maintain bone health. You can prevent osteoporosis and other bone conditions by adding a regular dose of tapioca to your diet.
3. You can eat a bowl of soaked sabudana with a dash of chilli powder, salt and crushed peanuts to fight fatigue after a hectic day. Loaded with carbohydrates, tapioca will make you feel energetic in a matter of minutes.
4. Regular consumption of sabudana keeps blood pressure levels under control. Also, the potassium present in it aids healthy blood flow and lowers the pressure on the cardiovascular system.
5. Sabudana is a healthy weight gain food. So if you're skinny and wish to gain weight naturally, add tapioca to your diet.
6. Rich in folic acid and vitamin b, tapioca helps prevent foetal birth defects and improves the development of your unborn baby.
7. Tapioca prevents gas, indigestion and constipation problems and is good for your metabolism and digestive system.
Sabudana khichadi recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
1 cup sago (sabudana) 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, crushed2 medium potatoes, cubed1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) 2 green chillies, slit2 tbsp oilsalt to taste
Wash the sago. Drain and keep aside for about 2 hours. If necessary, sprinkle a little water over the sago to moisten it. In a glass bowl, combine the oil, cumin seeds, green chillies and potatoes. Cover with a lid and microwave on high for 2 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Add the soaked sago, peanuts and salt and mix well. Cover with a lid and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Serve hot with green chutney or curds.