Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dhana LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Sir I want to renal my tubes I want another baby my age is 29 n already have 3children by cesarean please suggest me how much chance of pregnancy and ectopic increase high chance in it please suggest me what I do.
Reduced sex drive can be a result of many psychological and physical causes. This condition may ruin a person’s relationship, more so, if both the partners are experiencing poor sex drive. Eventually this affects confidence and self esteem of either partners. A natural option to treat such a condition is Ayurveda. Herbs being organic, treat the root cause of this ailment. These herbs are known to give relief to poor libido among men and/or women. In addition to including these herbs, knowing reasons that can cause, deficient sex drive may also be of great help.
Physical fatigue and stress are major causes of lack of interest in sex. There may be medical or psychological reasons that can cause this condition. Medical conditions affecting sex drive include, hormonal imbalance, conditions affecting reproductive system in women.. Other physical reasons causing this condition include, trauma, injury, accident related trauma, etc. It is common in women, post delivery.
Although it is good to seek medical help, you may want to make few changes in lifestyle and pin point the reasons of poor libido. With help of ayurvedic herbs, you can treat this condition, by attending to factor causing it. Listed below are five effective options that can alleviate your problem to a great extent.
1) Garlic Lets begin with a simple herb that is commonly found, garlic. Garlic is an ayurvedic herb, and is popular for its properties to cure. Recouping after an infection or injury or child birth is easier, when you include garlic in your diet. Besides being curative, it is known for its improved sexual performance in men and women, as it promotes, general well being of sexual organs.
2) Shatavari popularly known as Asparagus Racemosus, helps in alleviating hormonal imbalance in women, more so, after child birth. It is also good remedy to overcome difficulties while conceiving. It is known to improve blood circulation and generation process, besides, overcoming miscarriage conditions in women. It is also effective in treating, certain conditions in men, such as, inflamed sexual organs, spermatorrhea and impotence.
3) Ashwagandha It is commonly called as Indian Ginseng and useful in treating conditions in men. It can mitigate conditions such as, male infertility, impotence, and premature ejaculation. It is an adaptogenic herb that provides good nourishment to your body, thereby making it competent to handle stress and strain. It therefore rejuvenates your sex drive, other than strengthening your respiratory and reproductive systems. When you are not stressed or fatigued, sexual desires, come back to you. To include ashwagandha in your routine, you should take it with, warm milk or ginger or hot water or honey or meals, to digest it easily.
4) Salab Mishri is a terrestrial plant known for promoting sexual endurance, besides improving your overall health. It is popularly useful in men, with conditions affecting sperm quality. It is known to improve blood circulation to penile region and hence augment sperm quality.
5) Shilajit Ayurveda revers this herb to be a divine, youth rejuvenating nectar. It helps maintain your youthful vigor and sexual desire. It is basically an aphrodisiac, that works to ameliorate male sperm count or low sperm count in man. It is effective when, poor libido is a result of hormonal irregularities. To summarize, this herb, improves hormone functioning, libido and sexual performance, and can be called Ayurvedic equivalent to Viagra.
My wife is no interest in sex at any time .I asked her what is the problem but she say no problem .so what I do.
Do you have any treatment system for helping older couples in 40s to have children.Please let us know the success %age , clinics and procedure
Dear Dr, I'm 32 years old female. I completed my 3 months pregnancy in 2nd of March. But still mere weakness and vomiting Mai koi improvement nahi aaya hai. Mera 5 kg weight loss Hua hai in months Mai. Please advice me ki koi problem toh nahi hai baby ke growth mai. Mujhe bhook bhi nahi lagti hai. Please help me.
What is the medicine to prevent from very bleeding in the time of period's? Age 19. Weight 48 kg. Height 150 cm.
How much water should you drink each day? It's a simple question with no easy answers. Studies have produced varying recommendations over the years, but in truth, your water needs depend on many factors, including your health, how active you are and where you live.
Although no single formula fits everyone, knowing more about your body's need for fluids will help you estimate how much water to drink each day.
Health benefits of water
Functions of water in the body
Water is your body's principal chemical component and makes up about 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water. For example, water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells, and provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues.
Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you don't have enough water in your body to carry out normal functions. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired.
How much water do you need?
Every day you lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For your body to function properly, you must replenish its water supply by consuming beverages and foods that contain water.
So how much fluid does the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate need? The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly about 13 cups (3 liters) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is about 9 cups (2.2 liters) of total beverages a day.
What about the advice to drink 8 glasses a day?
Everyone has heard the advice, "Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day." That's about 1.9 liters, which isn't that different from the Institute of Medicine recommendations. Although the "8 by 8" rule isn't supported by hard evidence, it remains popular because it's easy to remember. Just keep in mind that the rule should be reframed as: "Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day," because all fluids count toward the daily total.
Generally, if you drink enough fluid so that you rarely feel thirsty and your urine is colorless or light yellow — and measures about 6.3 cups (1.5 liters) or more a day if you were to keep track — your fluid intake is probably adequate. If you're concerned about your fluid intake or have health issues, check with your doctor or a registered dietitian. He or she can help you determine the amount of water that's right for you.
To ward off dehydration and make sure your body has the fluids it needs, make water your beverage of choice. It's also a good idea to:
Drink a glass of water or other calorie-free or low-calorie beverage with each meal and between each meal
Drink water before, during and after exercise
If any more doubts you can " consult me "
1. Develop self esteem and make friends with positive thinking people.
2. Every person is unique and nobody is perfect
3. Focus on your positive qualities and feel proud of your achievements
4 Don't keep doubting yourself.
5. Keep busy with your work and studies; maintain your schedule
6. Avoid fast food and eat healthy nutritious food.
7. Regular vigorous physical exercise is very important. With improved blood circulation, toxins will be eliminated from your body. You will become very energetic and your mind will become fresh as well as positive.
8. Maintain healthy habits and have adequate sleep
9. Keep helping others without any expectation and it gives immense satisfaction
10. If you still want some medicine, take alfalfa mother tincture 5 to 10 drops in half glass of water twice daily. This will be available in homoeopathic medical shop.
What is healthy wearing a bra or not wearing a bra. Actually I feel uncomfortable wearing one. So I usually do not wear bra when I am at home. and I'm home for 5 days a week. So is there something I should worry about. Will it affect my health in the long run.
I had sex with my girlfriend at the time of her ovulation and now she has her period 6 days before and only little amount of bleeding she had is there any problem, is she got pregnant. Please tell.
Pain is a feeling of distress that is caused by intense damaging stimuli. It is one of the most common reasons that compels the patient to consult a physician and take painkillers. In the long run, painkillers have adverse effects on our body. While most of the times, the cause of the pain is diagnosed, there are cases in which the cause remains undiagnosed. Homeopathy is a system of medicine that is based on symptoms and has no side effects and thus, it is most effective in the treatment of both muscle and joint pains.
Here we give you a list of common homeopathic pain medications that are prescribed to give relief to patients and the circumstances under which they can be used.
- Bryonia- It is given when there is a hot swollen joint, pain from overuse of body part or injury. The slightest movement aggravates the pain and is relieved of the pressure on the affected part.
- Causticum - It is recommended for muscle spasm, stiff neck and pain. The character of the pain is sharp and tearing and is caused by cold dry weather. The patient is relieved by the warmth.
- Arnica Montana - Arnica is suggested when a patient has sore, bruised feeling all over the body. The patient is very sensitive to the pain and everything on which he rests seems very hard. Arnica is a top remedy in case of injury from falling, sprain and bruise.
- Rhus Toxicodendron- A first choice of remedy in case of rheumatism and back pain. The right side of the body is especially affected. The patient experiences stiffness and aching pain that aggravates during the rainy season, in the morning, on exposure to cold and also by rest. Pain is relieved by moving the affected parts and by warmth.
- Cuprum Metallicum- It is given in cases of muscle twitching or severe muscle spasm. The patient feels better when the painful area is massaged.
- Magnesia Phosphorica - This is the best medicine for all types of pain, especially when the pain is in the right side of the body. The pain is aggravated by cold and movement and is relieved by heat and rest in the general. This is suggested to relieved lower abdomen pain during menstruation.
- Pulsatilla- This is an excellent remedy for rheumatic pains that shifts from one joint to another. Homeopathic medicine is suggested after a thorough understanding of patient symptoms and the medication differs from patient to patient. So it is better to consult a homeopathic physician to select a suitable medicine to get relieved from pain.
I am 7 weeks 3 days pregnant doctor says there is no heart beat but everything else is fine. But have to terminate this pregnancy. Gs size 27.2 mm, crl 12.0mm, yolk sac 9.8mm, outline regular. 12.9mm hypoechoic lesion seen in anterior wall of body of uterus.
Hi doctor I can take ayurvedic and homeopathy medicines for pcod any side effects or problem please tell me.
My sister is pregnant. While cooking food she feels like omitting due the smell of cooking. What shall she do. And why is this happening.
My question is for gynaecologist regarding the vaccine Rubel (preventive for cervical cancer. Is it worth or mandatory to be administered in all the girls and does it has any side effects (short term or long term) both?
I'm in 3rd trimester of pregnancy and it's my first pregnancy. My belly is hard so I don't feel baby movements so frequently is it normal? I had urine infection but it's okay now . So can you help me what things I should do to get my belly soft. I have little bit itching in urine so how I get relief from it?
My sister face problem of having nill milk to feed her baby after pregnancy for 3 months and so going on. Please give solution for secretion of milk from breast.
The fiber and beta carotene content in carrots makes them extremely healthy. Carrots also have a number of other nutrients including Vitamins B8, K, A and C as well as iron, folate, potassium, copper and manganese.
Here are the benefits which these nutrients give to your body:
- Reduces cholesterol: Studies have shown that eating carrots lowers your blood cholesterol level. The most recent theory for why this happens is because carrots have a large amount of soluble fiber. This soluble fiber has been claimed to lower blood cholesterol levels.
- Chances of cancer reduced: Carrots have a lot of bioflavonoids and alpha carotene. Both of these have been said to lower the risk of cancer, especially lung cancer.
- Keeps your vision good: You must have heard from your parents that eating carrots is good for your eye health. While it is not true that they can cure any significant eye illnesses, they can prevent many illnesses caused by a vitamin A deficiency. They do this because beta-carotene which is there in carrots can be converted to Vitamin A. Vitamin A prevents include cataracts, night blindness as well as macular degeneration.
- Prevents memory loss: Beta-carotene is crucial for preventing memory loss. According to a recent study conducted by Harvard University, it was concluded that people who ate vegetables, such as carrots which contained beta-carotene had their chances of suffering from memory loss reduced.
- Diabetes prevention: Beta-carotene is an antioxidant in carrots, which lowers your risk of diabetes. It has been found that people with high levels of beta-carotene had 32% more insulin in their blood than people with low levels of beta-carotene.
- Improves bone health: Carrots also contain vitamin C and calcium, both of which are good for bone health. This is especially important for postmenopausal women who usually have a deficiency of calcium in their bodies.