Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. DhamodharanYour feedback matters!
Is it possible to reduce cholesterol. I mean I want to reduce cholesterol ie hdl with out taking pills. I have heard its genetics but by controlling food and exercise is it possible to reduce.
I have chest tightness and upper abdomen pain and tightness. My body weight gone decreased completely .Taken endoscopy redness in esophagus and gastritis. Doctor prescribed me pantakind. Later one Lybrate doctor advise me to take pantocid, another doctor advise me to nexpro 40 mg tab. After taking nexpro some what chest tightness and upper abdomen pain become normal . Side effects of after taking nexpro After having breakfast ,getting liquid stool like diarrhea.
My blood sugar level after breakfast is 153. Is it high and do I I need to take any medicine. I am 62 years and already taking Telma-H and Atorlip-5 for BP and Cholesterol. Sugar level in fasting is 109. Will take further action upon your advice. Pls guide.
I am having already strict diet control. I tried to do weight reduction 109 kg now for last 20years, but failed. I admitted to vlcc and paid them huge money. Only two kegs reduced. But now after leaving them, it has regained it. Please clarify lifestyle modification means what? I am interested to reduce medicine. One doctor at kolkata said to delete atorva 40 as my chlestrol level is 115 now. But I wand to check it.
Had abnormal myocardial perfusion study with small sized reversible perfusion defect involving apical inferolateral segment and apex of left ventricle.
While getting up from bed my left chest pains, during sneezing also its paining for a moment. May I what is the reason? My age is 25.
I am having pre hypertension. I read in net chewing raw garlic 2 3 cloves a day reduces hypertension. One of my friend told it also causes problems in erection. Is it true? Or eating raw garlic increases erections?
How can we reduce the Blood Pressure, What is the symptoms of it and what we can change in our diet?
Symptoms: palpitations, dizziness, fatigue, chest discomfort Age 31 female Lab reports: Hb 10.8 LDL DIRECT 145 TOTAL CHOLESTEROL 205 HDL DIRECT 42. what should i do ?
I have been having problem of mouth ulcer for past few months, they reoccur after some days and that time I feel sharp pain in my chest as eating anything solid.
My mother of 57 years who normally has chronic high blood pressure is finding it difficult to sleep without sleeping tablet. What can she do to sleep.
I am 42 years old ,123 kgs in weight ,6.2 height and my creatinine is 1.4 I am on neprosave tab will my creatinine gets reversed? I am diabetic and my average sugar is 6.3 and my hypertension is 110/80 my b12 is on higher side its 1400 Pls advice whether 1.4 creatinine is correct for my weight What precautions should I take to safe guard my kidneys.
Heart Blocks are a result of plaque buildup in your arteries, which blocks blood flow and circulation to the heart, causing heart muscle damage and heightens the risk for heart attack and stroke.
Arteries which have smooth and elastic walls become thick and restrict blood flow from the cholesterol deposits over the years. Blood clots can also block the arteries that supply oxygen rich blood to the heart. These can eventually lead to strokes and heart attacks.
Some warning signs that you may be at risk of heart blockage:
- Have you had a mild stroke: Plaque that accumulates in the carotid artery supplying oxygen rich blood to the brain can cause a stroke. People who have had strokes are more prone to heart attacks.
- Do you often feel fatigue and dizziness: Reduced oxygen from poor circulation and blood flow can result in fatigue and tiredness as well as dizziness.
- Experiencing shortness of breath: Poor blood flow can lead to shortness of breath from even mild forms of exercise or even from carrying out daily chores or walking.
- Sudden chest pain: Chest pain or angina result from reduced supply of blood to the heart. It can be felt as pressure, tightness in the chest, squeezing in the chest, numbness or burning.
- Unexplained lower back pain: This can result from pressure in the spine as a result of pinched nerves due to compressed vertebrae discs as a result of poor blood flow.
- Erectile dysfunction in men: If an erection becomes difficult or impossible, it could be a warning sign of clogged arteries. These arteries supply blood to the pelvis area and help achieve an erection.
- Calf pain: Blocked leg arteries can cause calf pain, especially in smokers. This is an early sign of possible heart blocks.
- Painful, numb and cold hands and feet: Plaque build up in the arteries of the extremities can cause numbness and coldness in the hands and feet.
Remember early detection is the key to prevent or delay heart attacks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.