Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. DhalapathyYour feedback matters!
Keeping the blood sugar at the recommended level can be a challenging task at times. While timely medication is a key prerequisite for controlling diabetes, lifestyle changes plays an important role in keeping the blood sugar under control.
Here is a list of simple yet effective ways of managing diabetes.
- Portion size and carbohydrate count: Carbohydrates are the single most important food element that impacts the level of blood sugar in body. People taking insulin shots should ensure that the portion size of carbohydrates does not exceed the recommended level. Maintaining a diary to keep a check on the carbohydrate count can help in this case.
- Balanced diet: For people suffering from diabetes, it is necessary to have a good mix of fruits, vegetables, fat, starch and protein in each meal. Carbohydrates should be consumed in the form of fruits and whole grains. A doctor advice in this matter can be of great help.
- Avoid sweetened beverages: Sweetened beverages with high sucrose and fructose content have high-calorie content that can directly impact the blood-sugar level. Refraining from these sweetened drinks is a must for diabetes patients.
- Make an exercise plan: Exercising for half hour on a daily basis is highly beneficial for diabetes patients. It makes sense to consult a doctor about the type of exercise that can be done regularly. The right mix of aerobic, cardio and muscle exercise should do the trick.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is very important during exercise. Dehydration can bring down the blood-sugar level drastically.
- Be prepared: Carrying a small dose of glucose or a snack can come in handy. In case the blood-sugar level drops to an alarming level while exercising, the glucose will ensure that it brings it back to normal quickly.
- Follow the doctor’s instruction: Alcohol is known to cause a lot of complications for diabetic patients. For people whose diabetes is under control, make sure that the doctor gives his go ahead for alcohol consumption.
- Drink carefully: If you get a doctors nod to drink make sure that dry wines and light beer are consumed. These drinks tend to have lesser calories and carbohydrates. Their impact on the blood-sugar level, therefore, becomes minimal.
- Pattern: Stress greatly increases the blood-sugar level. While it is difficult to be stress-free, try to look for a pattern by checking the blood-sugar level after prolonged stress. This will help to identify a pattern which can then be addressed with methods such as yoga, hobby practicing, laughter therapy, etc.
- Get help: Stress management is not an easy task. If stress cannot be controlled with a conventional approached, it makes sense to get professional help to reduce stress.
Hello Dr. am 7 week pregnant undergone sonography no clear cut foetal pole is seen. Dr. kya bahut problem ki baat hai. Dr. ne 14 days baad fir se sonography ke liye bola hai. Main eltroxin 25 mg le ri. Kya thyriod k wajah se baby growth delay ho ri. My Dr. said am very anxious is wajah se ho rha. Kya problem hai mjhe.
I have thyroid and gained weight about 117 KGS and used thyronorm 100mcg then I'm getting body pains.
I am 47 years male and having sugar last 7 years with thyroid problem. And feel tired and bodyache and left leg pain below knee. Please advice what would be my diet and some healthy medicine.?
I have type 2 dibities for 3 years. Sugar level. Fasting 135. And pp. 178. Average. Wat I do. That level go down. specially. Diet schedule.
My husband had pain in leg and on back side upper after consulting with doctor he said uric acid problem but uric acid is normal kindly give advice what can I do?
Sir, I am a diabetic patient and my weight too much. So, I want to control my weight and sugar. Pls advice me. Thanks.
Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression and unhealthy diets can contribute to fertility issues. As per a study published by Pharmion, around 30 million Indian couples were estimated to suffering from lifetime infertility, in 2015. Also, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) fell to 2.3% in 2013 against 3.9% in 1990.
Couples often seek help with methods such as artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (IVF), but the problem can be solved in natural ways too. Sometimes, the root cause of infertility is simply irregular functioning or blockages in the body systems. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to get the body functioning to its optimum capacity and this is often all that is needed to treat diseases.
Here are a few ways in which Ayurvedic medicine can help treat infertility:
- Phal Ghrit: The medicine is made by combining a number of herbs and it is taken with warm milk. It has been developed especially to treat infertility by controlling the level of hormones secreted in the body. It cannot remedy structural problems, but it can effectively treat functional disorders in the reproductive system.
- Shatavari (Asparagus): This plant is used to treat female infertility by regulating the cycles of menstruation and ovulation.
- Triphala Churna: A combination of three different fruits - baheda, amla and haritaki, this medicine helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and clears blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- Ashwagandha Churna (Indian ginseng): The medicine is used to treat male infertility by naturally increasing the production of sperm in the system.
There are also a few Ayurvedic therapies which can help to cure infertility:
- Vamanam: In this treatment procedure, medicated oil is swallowed to induce vomiting, which expels all the contaminating elements in the body. This process can be done regularly depending upon the overall health of the patient and also helps to combat digestive and psychological conditions.
- Swedanam: This therapy is usually done before other Ayurvedic therapies to prepare the body systems. For patients of infertility, the patient is made to sweat excessively. This also flushes most nitrous compounds out of the body.
- Dhatu Nirman Karma: The cells of the body are made to metabolize, absorb and assimilate nutrients leading to the formation of healthy cells and destruction of the unhealthy ones. This is turn rejuvenates the organs. Usually, this is helpful for female infertility.
My mother suffering from diabetes 2 and takes metformin tablets 2 times and we gives her natural sugar free butter grid and jamun juice 2 times before meal but her sugar level shows 140 to 150 in morning and 200 and above in night what should I do to cure her diabetes disease.
Hi i Am 22 years old women. I want to know my tsh count is 0.01. Am not taking any treatment. I want to pregnant. Any problem to pregnancy because of tsh count. Help me please.
What are the symptoms of diabetes? Is delay in periods also due to diabetes? I am 20 years old girl. My period are getting delayed every month 32-36 days and now there has been 38 days from last period but I am not with period. Also irritation in my vagina.
I am diabetic from 2002, I take medicine, glicazide80, metformin 500, pioglitazone 10, now my penis front affected by skin rashes, I consulted skin doctor but it in vein, what l have to do ?
Hi I Have Hyperthyroidism And I M not able to gain weight I am Too Lean I Have body Ache. Ache In my nails. How I will Get relief from pain And How I Ell Put On Weight. My thyroid Was first 8 after taking medicine it z normal till date.
My wife is 74 and initially had blood sugar level at 210 and with taking of galvus tablets it had come down to 144. Yet she was advised to continue the tabs. Perhaps as a result she had lost 7 kgs. With latest blood test showing 80 at fasting and 88 after breakfast, the diabetalogist prescribed amaryl 1 mg to replace galvus. On the 3rd day, after lunch she sweated, had a chest pain and so I thought of rushing to hospital. Luckily for us a neighbor with only +2 education saw the results and administered a half spoon sugar below tongue. Alas she came to normal in 10 mnts. When told over phone as to what his prescription did to my wife and how having had sugar restored her to normalcy, he asked us to stop amaryl tabs and after another blood test in 8 days to meet him. The other tabs. To be continued are gemcal, evion400, omez, celin, calcirol (1 sachet a month) and new one to be taken medo cat. How are we to taclkle now low sugar problem.
a) Maintain Correct weight by regular exercise
b) Avoid white n Bakery products
c) Proper Diet n plain water during day
d) Any one Fruits in a day
e) Walking at least 3.00 km in a day
f) Stress Management
g) Maintain normal Cholesterol and Triglyceride level
h) Regular Blood Check up n Glycol HB test in every 4-6 Months
i) Take Medicine as prescribed without fail
j) Inform to Doctor , if use any non-medical / alternative of medicine treatment
k) If also have Hypertension then control by medicine
l) Work / play/ Read , as you most like at least 1 – hour in a day
m) Try to always be Happy & Positive attitude for all situation
o) Avoid smoke / any form of tobacco /Alcohol /Cold Drink / Cold water etc….