Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DevikaraniYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I get itching in vagina nd open vulva. Y it is there. Wht to do. please suggest me some remedies. Its itching me. please help me.
I am a 36 year old lady mother of two kids, often I have server head ache and migraine. The pain is too much and I can not bear it . I had consume tab combiflam ,for the head ache. There is no other problem except the skipping of periods. Further after my second kid I had done my tubuctomy also. Please advise what I should do whom to consult. What is the remedy.
Over the past few decades, lifestyle disorders have been on a mercurial rise. Sedentary lifestyle, amalgamated with unhealthy eating habits has been the wrecker in chief. Lack of proper awareness has made the situation even worse. The mad and competitive rush to reach the pinnacle has serious health implications. Almost every second individual suffer from some kind of lifestyle disorders. Unhealthy and stressful lifestyle has resulted in increased incidences of Obesity and Diabetes (Type II).
- Individuals from all age groups have been affected by obesity and diabetes. Anxiety and depression are also on the rise. Other lifestyle disorders like Alzheimer's disease, Stroke, Arteriosclerosis, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Cancer (mostly skin and lung), Cardiac problems, Renal failure, Chronic Liver problems, cannot be neglected either. The lifestyle disorders, if not treated, can cause havoc, changing the entire dynamics of a person's life.
- Many lifestyle disorders occur because of the occupation we are in (Occupational lifestyle disorders). Children, who are supposed to indulge in more physical activities and outdoor games, are happy fidgeting around with their favourite gadgets. Fast foods have long replaced the healthy, nutritious foods. Children as young as you can imagine, appear to be obese or diabetic. Stress and anxiety can also trigger a number of lifestyle disorders. Thus, getting to the root cause is an important deciding factor for an effective treatment.
- Homeopathy does not treat a disease or an ailment superficially. It believes in curing the patient in a disease rather than a disease in the patient. Homeopathic treatment has a more holistic approach. It takes the miasms (hereditary or acquired) into consideration while dealing with a particular symptom. The homeopathic medicines are mainly prepared by dynamization or potentization. This greatly minimizes the toxic and harmful effects of the drug (crude), thereby increasing the inherent curative effectiveness of the medicines. Thus the homeopathic medicines have negligible or no side effects.
- Diseases like diabetes, hypertension, hypothyroidism or depression can be successfully treated and cured with homeopathy. In addition to treating the disease, homeopathic medicines go a long way to improve and enhance the patient's overall immune system. The improved immune system works effectively to keep a lot of diseases at bay. Homeopathy ensures that a person's physical, mental and emotional well being is well taken care off. This greatly helps to treat and control a number of stress related disorders. Homeopathy cannot work miracles. Treating a disease from the grass root level can be time consuming. With homeopathic treatment, one needs to have patience.
Homeopathic treatment, if followed diligently can help in the treatment of a number of lifestyle disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
My daughter 20 years suffering from white secretion due to that menstrual cycle. Is there any medicine for that please help.
Mere wife ko period time pe nhi ata h kabhi to 2 se 3 month ho jate h tab ata h please koi acha solusn btae please.
Hi Dr. I am suffering from pcod since 4 years I was taking homeopathy, aelopethic & ayurveda also I have tried all these three but not getting any effect means I want to solve my problem from root which was not saut out till today. And m having gastic problem also because I am working and due to my sitting job gastic problem has arrived. Please suggest me something.
What can be the possible side effects if consuming Thuja 1m taken 15 drops twice a day for a period of 2.5 yrs.
I am 39 years, my wife 34 years, trying for second baby. We had love making on 19th Dec 2015 & she was lying in same position for about 30+ minutes using pillow. She got abdominal pain after 2 hours on both sides of stomach nearby ovary till 11th day. Breast become tender on 10 to 12th day. We thought implantation is completed. Suddenly breast pain reduced, become loose as normal, stomach pain also gone on 13th day. On 14th day (from 19th Dec 2015), period was come unexpectedly and bleeding is thick compared to other times. Usually bleeding is very less as few drops for more than one year. What could be the cause for unsuccessful pregnancy?
I had sex with my boyfriend without any protection. But next morning I took i-pill as contraceptive pill. The expected date of my period was 9 may. But I didn't got period. Plus I also have abdominal pain. What should I do.
She is about 41age she want to conceive now. Her husband age about 30aged. Is she can conceive. If yes how is it? They marriage about 4 years, they are trying but they could not. They also take consult with doctors but still no symptoms. Is there any alternate process please let them help.
But doc I did have mutual masturbation on 26th of aug nd my period was due on 29th aug. Generally I delay a week each month but this time I was soo much stressed since aug first week and from 26th of aug onwards I was so scared if I would conceive due to mutual masturbation .I was sooo depressed and my periods didn't occur till date. I took 2 hpt one on 7th sep and the other on 15th sep both were negative so I got even more stressed that I didn't get my period. Can I be pregnant?
Dear sexologist. Kindly tell. My girlfriend always mood in sex. So if I am fingering her vagina without anal sex. Is she pregnant. I am fear to insert finger in vagina. Please clear my doubt.
My wife had a miss carriage 3 months ago, this month her period is brown colour and very low blood flow with a small lump one day and duration is only 3 days. Now she is feeling very week.
I am 28 years old women I have completed three month from my delivery and my doctor suggested to have a Copper. T to avoid pregnancy. I have got so many comments from peoples but am still confused could you please suggest can I have copper. T?Is it safe? Note please suggest me if weight gain will the there after having copper. T bcoz I don't want to take in thts case because I have already gained so much weight during pregnancy. Also confirm me if that will produce body heat? Will it suits for all kind?
I didnt get periods this month, already 8 days over, but daily I having stomach pain? Please help me.
Sir I am pregnant and my EXPECTED DATE OF DELIVERY (EDD) 14 July 2016 (today). But I have no pain and not any symptoms of delivery. We should go to hospital for delivery or not.
Hi I have an a problem of swelling in body. Many times my body parts get swelled. How should I solve this disease?
Cinnamon is usually seen as a condiment added to almost any kind of dish to make it flavourful. But no dish in this world has ingredients which do not benefit the eater nutritionally. Cinnamon has been used for a long time in Ayurvedic medicines. It is a natural ingredient which keeps people healthy and nourished.
There are several benefits of consuming cinnamon some of them are explained below.
- Antioxidants: Polyphenol is one such antioxidant that is present in cinnamon. In fact, a study has shown that out of twenty-six natural ingredients which contain this property, cinnamon has emerged as a clear winner, even leaving behind garlic. It is also the antioxidant-rich property of cinnamon which makes it a well-known preservative. Thus apart from adding flavour, and having anti oxidant properties, cinnamon also preserves the food for a longer time.
- Anti-inflammatory: This is one of the most important properties of cinnamon. This helps in fighting diseases and keeps infections and diseases causing germs at bay.
- Helps in controlling heart diseases: Diabetes is one of the main causes of heart disease. However, it can be kept in control by controlling cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels. This can be effectively done by cinnamon. Thus by controlling diabetes and increasing good cholesterol in the body, cinnamon actually reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
- Reduces insulin resistance: Insulin is an important element in the body. It controls hormonal and even blood sugar levels in the body. However, there are many people who have resistance to insulin. This actually is a serious issue which can give rise to diabetes and various other problems. However, a minimal intake of cinnamon everyday reduces the risk of being insulin resistant and helps the body to accept insulin more readily.
- Lowers blood sugar level: After mentioning how cinnamon makes insulin more acceptable in the body, it is important to highlight the other factors which are controlled by this ingredient which helps in maintaining a balanced sugar level in the body. First, it regulates the glucose entering the body. Second, cinnamon is made of a particular type of compound which can act as a substitute for insulin.
- Cancer: Till date, even after heavy research and tests, cancer has no definite cure. But theory has it that there are many natural preventive measures which can be taken against this deadly disease- consumption of cinnamon being one of them.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of consuming Cinnamon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.