Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Devikarani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DevikaraniYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. My blood group is b -ve n my husband o+ve. Is blood group is effecting to pregnancy. Because am not getting pregnant even though we both are healthy. We are trying since 1 year to have baby. Please suggest.
Sir/Mam I am 31 years old married man, we are trying to be parent from last 5 years and already taken treatment from many qualified doctors. Sir our all reports are ok as discussed with all doctors but still result nothing. All test of mine and my wife are cleared ok. One last doctor suggested IUI but result nothing after two time IUI. Sir/Mam Please advise us what we can do now. 1. Can we take Ayurveda treatment 2. Can we take IVF treatment 3. Wait for time when god will happy 4. Visit another doctor Thanks.
Suffering from pcod. Mujhe last year pta chala ki mujhe pcod hua h.main November se iske liye medicine le rahi hu mere cysts ka size bhi bhot kam ho gya tha but this month I am facing the same problem of not having period.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women, In general, a blood sample is collected to determine whether you're pregnant or not about 10-14 days after the eggs are retrieved.
Coming to the success of the procedure, a number of factors are at play and these are:
- The age at which you get pregnant - A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Lifestyle habits - Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Cause of Infertility - If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history - IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
- Embryo status - Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
What is natural cycle IVF?
Natural cycle IVF involves collecting and fertilising the one egg that you release during your normal monthly cycle. No fertility drugs are used in this treatment.
Is natural cycle IVF for me?
It may be worth discussing this treatment option with your clinician if your periods are fairly regular and you are ovulating normally.
You are unable to take fertility drugs (for example, cancer patients or those whose clinician has suggested that they are at risk of OHSS – ovarian hyper-stimulation – a dangerous over-reaction to fertility drugs) because for personal or religious beliefs you do not wish to have surplus eggs or embryos destroyed or stored.
How does natural cycle IVF work?
The treatment is the same as conventional IVF, but without the fertility drugs that are used to stop natural egg production and hormones that boost the supply of eggs.
As your ovaries aren’t being artificially stimulated, you don’t need to rest as you would after conventional IVF.
If your treatment is unsuccessful, you can try again sooner if you wish.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.