Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DevikaraniYour feedback matters!
Mam I am 4 weeks pregnant and I want to abort my child. May I know the name of the contraceptive pills which may be available without prescription and do not have severe side effects.
Hello meri shadi ko 4 saal ho gaye h babby nhi h meri tube block thi to 2013 m laproscopy kiya jo unsuccessful raha fir 3 bar dawa dali fir bhi unsuccessful rha fir 9 month dotes ki madecin chalay fir bhi kuch nhi ho raha h abhi Dr. ko dikhaya to unhone histroscopy or laproscopy k liya kha h. To ye sahi h ya nhi.
Using contraceptive pills within 24 hrs after sex. Still is there any chance of pregnancy? Suggest some contraceptive pills.
What can I do if I'HV too much burning in my vulva region after doing rough sex? please help me out.
Dear sir, Meri wife ki period Hui thi 28th March Next period kab hogi? Kyn ki Meri wife pregnant hain ho skti Hain. 10 se 12 din hua hoga wo pregnant hain. Pregnant hone ki 10 se 15 din me Kya symptoms dikhai deta Hain? Usse bormtting aarhi hain. Or sar chakrha pichhle 5,7 dino se Please sir/ mam reply me Regards, Abhishek Mishra.
Recently since 4 days my girlfriend is suffering with pain and also blood is not stopping. I did fingering into her, maybe I broke her hymen but she is also having pain just below navel stomach area. I don't think I scratched her vagina wall because I cut my nail very before this happens. Blood is not stopping. It is been 3 nights from today. I asked her to come to doctor but she is not coming. I'm really worried.
Contraceptive methods of birth control are usually quite successful. By these methods, you can enjoy your life without the worry of pregnancy. Modern technology has led to the formulation of avid techniques of contraception; some are temporary and the others permanent. However, no matter how well these methods work, almost all of them have got a variety of side effects on your body and health.
Here is a list of different modes of contraception and the side effects they may cause:
This long term method of birth control is an effective one. The side effects are:
- A surgery is required where rods are inserted under your skin. This might be risky surgery
- If you want to remove it, again another surgery has to be carried out
- An Infection may develop in the area where the thin rods are inserted
Intra Uterine Device
A device is fitted into the uterus, which does not cause pregnancy. An effective method with the following side effects:
- There is a risk of the device falling off
- This causes puncture in the uterus
- The device made of copper may lead to menstrual cramps and spotting
Depo Provera Hormonal Injection
This mode of contraception involves taking an injection, which restricts pregnancy for a period of three months. The side effects are:
- Gaining of extra weight, fatigue
- Decrease of bone density
- Menstrual bleeding along with spotting takes place
Birth Control Pills
Birth control pills are one of the most common and most effective ways of birth control or contraception. However, several side effects may be observed.
- Causes nausea, headaches and also blood clots in rare cases
- In case you use other prescribed medicines along with birth control pills, severe damage may be inflicted
This mode of contraception is very effective. It also helps in making menstrual periods of women much lighter and in continuity. The side effects are:
- May cause nausea and headache
- There is a vast increase in appetite
- There is a risk of blood clot formation.
A very successful mode of contraception where a diaphragm is inserted and fitted into the vagina. The negatives of this mode are:
- It may get out of place during sex and is likely to cause damage
- The process can be a mess
- Causes urinary infections
All modes of contraception irrespective of their effectiveness have got some side effects on your health. Hence, you must choose them wisely.
If you tell people that their diet or lifestyle or habits make them unhealthy, and chances are that they’d believe you. Not only that, they’d even agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you tell them that the same makes them dumber, then they’d either laugh at you or fight with you. However, its true. Certain things really lower your IQ. Read on to find out.
1. Group projects or meetings: Being a part of group projects or meetings can greatly drain your brain reveals a recent study. The reason for that is that when you’re in a group you have to concentrate more on behaviour and interaction, as a result of which your brain’s performance reduces and you end up making more ‘silly mistakes.’ In fact the situation worsens in a mixed sex group. Research found out that 14% men fare poorly at mental tasks when they feel that women are watching them. Best performance on the other hand is guaranteed when you work alone.
2. Jetlag: Jetlag can cause permanent problems in learning and memory. Research carried out by the University of California revealed that frequent jet lags are equivalent to a hangover that lasts way too long. This can cause you trouble in learning new things. In fact the same study also revealed that the effect of frequent jet lags can last more than a month, making you stupider in the long run. This is because constantly resetting your body clock can alter the anatomy of your brain. That’s the reason why flight attendants are found to suffer from severe memory loss.
3. Being spanked as a child: A research conducted by the University of Hampshire showed that children who were hit as punishment suffered from trauma that hampered their mental growth, and as a consequence led to lower IQs. This post-traumatic stress disorder faced by children who were spanked was the same that soldiers go through when watching heads being blown off. Not only that, even letting babies cry can cause lower IQs in them as the stress experienced is the same. In fact, letting babies cry can cause permanent brain damage which can also lead to trust issues. However, conflicts among family members has a positive impact in decision making, executive function of the child.
4. Junk food: A study found out that kids who eat plenty of junk food at the age of 3 can suffer from low IQs at the age of 8 as compared to those who followed a healthier diet. Eating junk food led to underdeveloped cognitive, behavioural and social skills in children due to lack of nutrition required by the brain to develop properly. In fact sugary foods can have the same effect on adults as well. Overdose of sugar can make your body resistant to insulin which interferes with the way your brain cells work, making you more stupid as a result.
5. Being a city dweller: Living in a city can be the reason why you suffer from poor memory, inattention and learning problems. The reason behind is that living in a city is very taxing for your brain, and your attention is divided between all the multitasking you have to do. This can lead to exhaustion, which as a result can lead to poor memory since your brain is just too tired to recall things. On the other hand, greener environments have the exact opposite effect and can help your brain in functioning more efficiently.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hello my age is 28. Male. My questions are regarding pregnancy. I am trying for 2 months. Not getting any result. What is best time for it and in what position.
From a medical standpoint, intercourse during menstruation is completely fine. Most men have claimed that period sex seems messier when compared to intercourse on normal days but, other than that, there aren’t any risk regarding period sex. In fact, it is advisable to engage in vaginal intercourse during periods for a variety of reasons.
Here are a few things you should know about period sex:
- Intercourse during periods isn’t harmful: Contrary to the popular myth, period blood doesn’t contain impurities which might affect the penis in any way. Instead, menstrual blood is normal blood mixed with disposed off tissues from the lining of the uterus and the penis isn’t affected by menstrual blood in any way. The menstrual blood serves as excellent lubricant to make the process of intercourse smoother.
- Chances of pregnancy still persist: It is not okay to completely ward off protective measures during periods because even though it is safer than other days, there might be a small chance that the sperm of a man lives on in the female body till early ovulation. Besides, the chance of getting a sexually transmitted disease is the same during period sex.
- Can relieve cramps: Some women claim that having sex during their period helps ease their cramps as having an orgasm releases ‘pain- reducing endorphins’ into the bloodstream. Also, some medical practitioners believe that sex provides relief by using up chemicals which are responsible for cramps. Thus, having period sex can prove to be relaxing and less painful than normal days.
- Sexual arousal ups during menstruation: Most women feel hornier and more aroused during periods because of the increase in the hormonal levels. Some women feel heavier in the pelvic area which increases the sex drive; precisely the reason why having sex during this time is a good idea. So, for all you know, you might actually have a brilliant intercourse session when she’s on her period. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am pregnant 48 days but doctor says no heartbeat found doctor says this is not good she told to abortion what to do.
I am 28 years old trying to get pregnant from 5 months but not getting. 3 months before I had thyroid problem was 6.and I had done hormonal test my prolactin is increased. So what should do now?
I am 23 years old female ,height 5 feet and weight is 45 kg approx. From the last few days when I sleep I feel pain in my right side breast and now when I touched my breast I feel that there is something hard in my breast .kindly suggest me the cause and prevention of this problem and which particular doctor should I consult?
I am a breastfeeding mother of 9 month old. I have PCOs and looking to reduce weight. Can I drink detoxing Sassy Water while breastfeeding?
Asthma, the long term inflammatory disease, affects the airways of lungs. A number of symptoms, including obstruction of air flow into the lungs, which can cause breathlessness, coughing, wheezing, allergic reactions and swelling of the tubes, points to it. The causes include genes as well as pollution in the environment which is resulting in an increasing number of cases. The diagnosis is usually done with a spirometry and the treatment is a long term process.
Women who suffer from asthma have to be especially vigilant during pregnancy as it can lead to a number of complications including less air passage to the foetus. This can result in a slow rate of development and certain anomalies in extreme cases. So how can a pregnant lady manage asthma? Here are a few tips:
- Involve Pulmologist: To begin with, the obstetrician and the pulmonologist must both be well aware of the situation. The pulmonologist must be given detailed information with regards to allergies as well as past treatment and medical history so that the treatment is done systematically to prevent an asthmatic attack and any complications to the foetus.
- Lung Function: During pregnancy, the doctor must monitor lung function carefully with monthly check ups to ensure that the right amount of oxygen is reaching the foetus. This is done because the severity of asthma changes in most women during pregnancy. A spriometry or peak flow metre can be used to measure the lung function. Also, the foetal movements must be monitored on a monthly basis, or rather, once every 28 days, to be more specific.
- Influenza: Flu is a common outcome of asthma, especially when it becomes severe during pregnancy. The onset of flu or influenza must be prevented at all costs with the help of a flu vaccine that will be effective at least for a season at a time. It is a pregnancy safe injection.
- Triggers: There are many things that may trigger an asthmatic attack or an allergic reaction that can lead to the same. Ensure that you do not suffer from these triggers by avoiding dust, pollen, tobacco smoke and varied other substances that can lead to choking and wheezing.
- Medication: One must ask the doctor about pregnancy safe inhaled corticosteroids that one can take during pregnancy if and when the need arises.
It is recommended to take medication for asthma during pregnancy only after a consultation with the doctor. Also, do not reduce the dose of the medicine unless your doctor has recommended a change.
Have a boil around my labia, vagina and it'd been there for more than 3 weeks. Please advice some super quick remedy. It hurts.
For PCOS condition doctors prescribe hormone tablets to correct it but some doctors say that taking these hormone pills leads to many disasters if period is regular is it necessary to take hormone pills.
Ginger is highly beneficial in regulating menstrual cycles and also relieving menstrual pain. It promotes menstruation and hence is good when dealing with delayed or scanty periods.
Boil one-half teaspoon of freshly ground ginger in a cup of water for five to seven minutes.
Add a little sugar.
Drink this three times a day after meals.
Do this for about one month or more.
Cinnamon is considered useful for regulating menstrual cycles and reducing menstrual cramps. According to traditional Chinese medicine, it is believed to have a warming effect on the body.
Also, it contains hydroxychalcone that helps regulate insulin levels and is suspected to have an effect on menstrual regularity. A study analyzing the effects of cinnamon extract on menstrual cycles in women with polycystic ovary syndrome is currently underway.
Simply add one-half teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a glass of milk. Drink this daily for several weeks.
You can also drink cinnamon tea, sprinkle cinnamon on your foods, or chew cinnamon sticks regularly.
3. Sesame Seeds and Jaggery
Sesame seeds are useful in regulating menstrual cycles as they help balance your hormones. They are loaded with lignans that help bind excess hormones. Plus, they contain essential fatty acids that promote optimal hormone production. Jaggery, too, helps regulate menstrual cycles due to its warming effects.
Dry roast a handful of sesame seeds.
Grind them along with one teaspoon of jaggery into a fine powder.
Take one teaspoon of this powder daily on an empty stomach in the luteal phase, or second half of your menstrual cycle (two weeks before your period starts), for a few months.
Simply eating a piece of jaggery, also known as gur, will also help regulate menstruation.
Note: Do not use this remedy during your periods.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera helps treat menstrual irregularities naturally by regulating your hormones.
Extract fresh aloe vera gel from an aloe leaf.
Mix in one teaspoon of honey.
Consume it daily before having your breakfast.
Follow this remedy for about three months.
Note: Do not use this remedy during your periods.
5. Unripe Papaya
Green, unripe papaya works as a potent emmenagogue. It is considered useful in regulating menstrual flow as it helps contract muscle fibers in the uterus.
It is particularly useful for irregular periods associated with menopause and stress. Consume unripe papaya juice regularly for a few months. Do not drink it during your periods.
Being a warming herb, turmeric is also considered helpful in regulating menstruation and balancing hormones. Its emmenagogue properties help stimulate menstrual flow. Moreover, its antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties relieve menstrual pain.
Consume one-quarter teaspoon of turmeric with milk, honey or jaggery. Take it daily for several weeks or until you see improvement.
You can also take turmeric in supplement form; consult your doctor for proper dosage
Please consult your physician or homeopath in person before starting or discontinuing any form of medical treatment.
THIS IS NOT D TREATMENT IS ONLY INFORMAL