Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DevikaYour feedback matters!
What are the chances for a women to get pregnant if the male partner wore the condom properly while intercourse?
Hello doctor. My wife got pregnancy .so we are not interested in children now. So I consulted my neighbour who is a nurse. We used tablets for removal of pregnancy. After usage of 6 to 7 tablets pregnancy have been lost anthe end of 4 months. It had happened 2 months back. Now recently we got participated in sex. After 1 week from participation. My wife was suffering from bleeding. It is not the time of bleeding. U just pls give me useful tips. What was the reason for bleeding suddenly.
Plz tell me to cure vaginal yeast infection. How I cure it. Which medicine are help me to get relief from it.
My age is 26. My baby boy is 11 months old. Is it ok if I get pregnant now. Actually my periods date is 7th and till now I did not get. I want to a 2nd baby always so is it ok.
Mastitis is an infection or inflammation of the breast tissue. It often affects women who are breastfeeding. Mastitis causes breast pain and redness. It can also cause flu-like symptoms such as body aches and fever. Mastitis may develop because of sore, cracked nipples, latch problems, plugged ducts, yeast infection, or inadequate drainage of milk.
These are the most common symptoms of mastitis:
Hot, swollen breasts
A red, painful, or hot "wedge-shaped" swelling on a breast, or both breasts
A red, painful, or hot lump in your breast
Red streaks on your breasts
Fever (oral temperature more than 100.4° F or 38° C)
If you have these symptoms, contact your healthcare provider as soon as possible because you may need treatment for mastitis.
Mastitis treatment involves draining the breast and often taking antibiotics. It is especially important to keep the affected breast "empty" through frequent breastfeeding or pumping sessions. If you think a latch problem may have contributed to your mastitis, consider seeing a certified lactation consultant. It is very important to rest and keep hydrated by drinking a lot of clear fluids. You can take ibuprofen or acetaminophen for the fever or discomfort. An antibiotic may be prescribed for 10 to 14 days. Be sure you take all of the medicine or mastitis may come back. The antibiotics used for mastitis are generally safe to use while breastfeeding.
My bf ejaculated while I was wearing my panty as well as hot pant. Is dere any chance of getting pregnant. It was done on previous month after dat I had my periods bt in this month my period is not coming its late for 5 days. Is it possible that I am pregnant.
Hello doctor. I am 24 nd hve 3 month new born baby girl. Bt still my period don't come once. My prbm is if I kept physical relation with my hubby is there any chances to become pregnant. Nd. If I pregnant how can I know.
I won't get periods regularly, It comes for 2 months at that time bleeding also more till 20 days like that and I have thyroid also. I have waterbubbles also inside. So could you please suggest me what I have to do.
Marma Chikitsa is a significant aspect of the Ayurvedic treatment. Marmas are specific points on the body where the application of pressure induces the flow of vital energy (prana) along a complex system of subtle channels called (nadis). Healing through marma chikitsa affects the energy flow through the energy meridians or Nadi. These in turn govern the functional and health aspect of every metabolic system in the body. Marma chikitsa pays more attention to the functional aspect, the metabolism rather than organ specific. Ayurveda deeply believes and caters to the holistic health and not disease management, in the treatment of patients.
Unlike acupressure (as is being practiced today), Marma chikitsa does not concentrate on 'organs'. It stimulates the designated metabolic function, mind control, hormonal support and strength points/marma that influences health of the person. Because of its 'spiritual' component it differs from other 'hands on' therapies. Marma can actually alter consciousness, and change one’s awareness. From that place a person can move forward with self care, creativity, and renewed energy
Marma zones of the body
- It takes training, practice and powerful intuition on part of the therapist and doctor to consider the ideal combination of 'marma' for effective treatment.
- Modern medicine looks at heart disease from the focus of heart functions, anatomical structure of the heart.
- Marma Chikitsa (as a part of Ayurveda) looks at the Mind-Body association of the functioning of the heart. Heart functioning depends on Nutrition, mind set, liver strength, natural detoxification, improving blood quality, lifestyle and even the past of the patient to bring about effective treatment. This wholistic attitude, where all aspects of the person are considered is a more complete treatment methodology with lasting results.
We at Health Solutions practice this philosophy and have been able to influence the patient progress where in s/he has made leaps of positive progress in their bodily functions, stamina, performance, peace of mind, over and above the improved functioning of the heart or other specific organs. Patients and others who care for their health can call us with as much information as they can provide on their current health status, what treatment they are currently taking and its impact; their lifestyle (food, temperament, daily schedules) family history.
A detailed treatment schedule is customized for them. Treatment sessions are designed to be most comfortable for the patient. Most of the times, the treatment sessions are repeated every month for as long as the doctor understands necessary for long lasting results.
Mostly, it is FDA approved, clinically proved Ayurvedic medicine based ( Suved and Reimmugen), non-invasive, supported with dietary guidelines, lifestyle changes, nutritional support and targets at building the immunity of the person to lead healthier lives. Marma Chikitsa holistic treatment science and it is going to be the choice of treatment in modern days.
I have burning in my private area it hurts when I wash . It started one year back since I used a hair removing cream I am 50 female
A healthy and nutritious breakfast can make a good morning even better. Myths and misconceptions are galore when it comes to a healthy breakfast. Many of the lip smacking breakfasts come with zero nutritional value, but they look so tempting that we fall for such delicacies. A healthy breakfast is not always healthy. Some of the assumed healthy and nutritious foodstuff can do your health more harm than good. Thus, one needs to get their facts right before zeroing upon a particular breakfast.
- French toast - a perfect toast to unhealthy life: Ideally, a healthy breakfast should give you energy and keep you fit and active throughout the day. French toast is anything, but healthy and nutritious. It has negligible nutritional value. With this breakfast, all those rigorous exercises will prove to be futile. Some people go a step further. They team this already unhealthy breakfast with French fries and sausages. This palatable breakfast can give your waistline nightmares, not to forget the associated health complications. Bread toast with boiled or scrambled eggs is a much healthier and nutritious alternative.
- Cake and pastry - the sweet devil: Cakes and pastries for breakfast are sure to throw your health in jeopardy. Pastries and cakes are both simple carbohydrates. When taken in, these are immediately broken down to glucose. An elevated glucose level often results in an abnormal rise in insulin level. This can lead to serious health problems, with diabetes and obesity being the most common complications. There will inflammation affecting the whole body. Your skin will be the worst affected. It will lose its radiance and appear wrinkled and saggy.
- Donut for breakfast - a complete evil: It is the best way to welcome the unwanted calories and fats into your body. Donuts mostly contain trans- fats that can result in serious healthy complications. You will feel lethargic throughout the day. Obesity and donuts are like two faces of the same coin.
- The sugary juice - a road to obesity: For some people, the breakfast is incomplete without fruit juices. While fruit juices appear as a good, healthy option, the facts are just the opposite. Freshly prepared juices can still be accepted, but the packaged fruit juices are a big no. The packaged juices are loaded with sugar that can never do your health any good. Whole fruit is a much better and recommended option for your health.
- Bagels - a big no: When loaded with cream or cheese are no longer considered healthy. Flavoured yogurts are equally unhealthy and should be avoided. Before going for packaged cereals, the nutritional contents should be well read and understood.
Your health is important. The sooner you realise this, the better it is. Reach us at to know more about the healthy breakfast options.
My wife is healthy but has loose vagina. And she do not take interest in sex. Usually once a week .i want daily . What should be done. Any tablet or medicine.Please tell.
My period are disturbed since few months sum time it use to come earlier 3 or 4 days before and sum time it use to be late like 5 or 10 days late before I use to get healthy periods bt first time my period or not coming in a proper way in this month I got my periods 10 days late and only like drop for 4 is it an issue health issue please reply.
Hello Dr. My last month period should be on 24th February but it was due for 10days and I got my period on 4th march. And this 24th march I saw blood drop in my underwear. Just a drop n little faded. Its on 24th march morning I thought may be something else. And I took bath. And in afternoon same as morning just one drop and faded. And even yesterday and today. But if it is a period then it should be bleeding as before na. But it's not bleeding like menses. Its just one blood drop and circle faded. May I know why it is like That.. Is there any chance of pregnancy.
PCOD is the common condition seen now a days in female.
The common age group people affected by pcod is 14-40 yrs
The main reason for the PCOD is hormonal imbalance.
1. irregular periods
2. painful periods
3. hair growth
5, hair fall
Homeopathy will cure the PCOD ate very short duration. By the homeopathy treatment the hormonal imbalance can be prevented and treated.