Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Devi MeenakchiYour feedback matters!
What is left eye conjunctivitis and left eye iridocyclitis (traumatic? How can it affect the right eye?
I have glaucoma in both eyes and suffer from poor vision. It was actually detected late when the damage was done. Apart from using the prescribed eye drops is there anything in alternative treatment that can arrest or improve my eyesight.
I took a test of my eye on an optical shop and my eyesight was. 25 of both eyes. He was not a doctor but maybe an optometrist. Should I use specs. And is it okay to test eye on an optical shop without concerning doctor?
I am 35 year old. There is red like spot in white portion of my eye. It has from 10 years. But for some time from now it growing. What is this decease. How it decrease.
I am 28 years and was affected with gastric problem for last one month and had been using Pantocid L and Normaxin tablets for one month. Yesterday my ophthalmologist prescribed me Doxy 1 L Dr. Forte for my eye infection. Is it safe to use these tablets with the one am already using. Is there any side effects.
My eyes turn red when I have bath irrespective of hot/cold/normal water. What is the reason behind it? What is the remedy?
In my CBc test results, MCHC value is 31.9, which is below the lower range indicated as ideal. Same time RBC is 4.9 which is above the range. What these numbers indicate and what kind of precaution needs to be taken in this regard. Thanks for the support.
I am 25 years old and suffering from hypermetropia since 9 years. Now I don't want to wear spectacles and want to undergo LASER treatment to cure my eye sight. And my eye sight is as follows. Right eye: -1.75 dioptre. Left eye: -1.50 dioptre. SPH: -0.50. AXIS: 170. I need your suggestions. please Will it cause any hurdles if I want to join any govt services.
I am 21 year old. I am suffering from red eyes for last two weeks its so painful what the solution of this problem.
My father met an accident two years back. Due to that accident one of his eye ball has been not moving. Doctors are saying it will take time but two years has over still no result. Is there any solution?
I am having the issue of Retinitis pigmentosa from last 7 years. Please let me know by any way i can rectify this issue.?
My right eye power is 3 nd lest eye is 3.5. Farsightedness. Have notices slight squintness what to do.
One of the most common ailments that affect elders the most is cataract. Cataract develops gradually and can occur in one or both eyes and if not treated in time can cause blindness. Most cataracts are not visible to the naked eye, but in some cases, a dense cataract can make the pupil appear white. A cataract can be defined as a dense, cloudy build up of protein masses on the eye lens. This obstructs the light falling on the retina and does not allow the retina to form a clear image.
Advancing in age is one of the most common causes of cataracts. Along with this, there are several other factors that play a role in the development of cataracts as well. These include smoking,exposure to ultraviolet radiation, long term use of steroids, trauma, radiation therapy and diabetes. Anything that triggers an overproduction of chemically altered oxygen molecules in the body can increase your risk of suffering from this condition. Hypertension and a family history of cataracts can also put you at a higher risk of developing cataracts. Poor nutrition or a diet that is deficient in antioxidants can also put you at a high risk of suffering from this condition.
Cataracts can be categorized on the basis of where and how they develop in the eye. This categorization is based on location:
- Nuclear Cataract: These develop in the middle of the lens and turn the center of the eye yellow. Nuclear cataracts are typically associated with aging.
- Cortical cataract: These develop around the edges of the nucleus and are wedge shaped. Gradually, spokes emitted from these wedges work themselves towards the center of the eye.
- Posterior capsular cataract: These are among the faster growing cataracts and develop at the back of the lens.They are also known as subcapsular cataracts. Cataracts triggered by diabetes or the prolonged use of steroids usually fall in this category.
Categorization based on how they develop:
- Congenital cataract: These are present at birth or develop within the first year of a baby's life. Congenital cataracts are rare.
- Secondary cataract: These are triggered as a side effect of medications or diseases like glaucoma and diabetes. Prolonged use of steroids like prednisone can also lead to the development of such cataracts.
- Traumatic cataract: Cataract that is developed as a result of an injury to the eye is known as traumatic cataracts. They have a very slow rate of development.
- Radiation cataract: It develops as a side effect of radiation therapy used to treat cancer.
I am having hairfall and one thing more known as red eyes kindly suggest me the remedies of the problem.
1) Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals.
2) They are rich source of protein, dietary fiber and rich in vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B5 along with vitamin A1 and C.
3) It helps improve the digestive system as it contains soluble and insoluble fibers and different kinds of amino acids.
4) Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious snack.
5)Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
6) Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researches have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke.
7) Dates also help in lowering of the LDL cholesterol.
8) Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia. The patients can eat many dates for better advantages.
9) Dates also have fluorine that slows down the process of tooth decay.
10) It helps people suffering from constipation. Soak dates overnight and take it along with water to have added advantage.
11) Dates help in weight gain and are beneficial for those who suffer from over slimming problem.
12) Dates are excellent for alcoholic intoxication.Cures abdominal cancer.
13) It also helps in improving eye sight and helps in curing night blindness as well.