Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Devasena
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DevasenaYour feedback matters!
Happy New Year Sir/ Mam My hairs are becoming white. I am taking ayurvedic treatment too but I am not finding any improvement. Doing oiling everyday. So can you suggest me anything in my food which I should avoid and eat something that makes my hair nourishing, healthy and black. I am not taking citrus fruits, curd or milk avoiding junk food but I want the solutions for the same.
A red patch appears to be growing around my crotch and is growing day by day and is very itchy. I m using beclomethasane but doesn' t appears to be helping. I need some help. Some prescription please.
I got small bulging pimples if I burst them its all water inside. I have stopped pressing them now, I presume they are chicken pox, now I'll go for a check up. I am hungry right now. Please suggest a diet plan, that what to eat during chicken pox.
Nowadays, hair fall and thinning are conditions that most people face and are tired of trying new treatments to fix them. There are numerous treatments, but most have been proven to have certain adverse effects. Homeopathy, on the other hand, is an alternative medicine category, which uses not so strong chemicals or drugs, but slowly and steadily treats body ailments.
Causes of hair fall
- Various skin diseases that affect the scalp. For example, fungal infections known as tinea capitis, seborrhoea, lichen planus, eczema
- Various hormonal changes
- Nutritional deficiency, especially lack of iron in diet
- Various drugs that are taken for treatment of joint pains, high blood pressure, depression or cancer
- Diseases like tuberculosis, diabetes mellitus, AIDS, hypothyroidism etc.
- Hairstyles of individuals, especially those who fall prey to the latest trends in styling. For example, tight pony tails or braids, indiscriminate usage of heat and colour to the hair.
Homeopathic treatment to prevent hair loss
Before any homeopathic medicine is prescribed to individuals, a detail of their case history is required to be studied. Here is a list of homeopathic medicines which help in controlling and preventing hair fall.
- The various skin diseases on the scalp can be a major reason for hair fall. This may occur due to extreme itching or numerous acrid discharges from the lesions that have occurred. Homeopathic medicines like Psorinum are used to treat hair loss caused due to discharge from skin lesions. Another medicine is Mercurius Solubilis; this also helps in relieving the scalp from the lesions and discharges.
- In case of hair loss due to excess dandruff, Thuja occidentalis and Kali suphuricum are the medicines that can be used.
- In case of hair loss due to childbirth or menopause, Natrum muriaticum and Pulsatilla pratensis can be excellent medicines for effective treatment. Another treatment can be Sepia officinalis.
- The hair fall caused by anaemia can be treated by using Borax, Cinchona officinalis and Calcarea phorphorica.
- For alopecia, phophorus, calcarea, fluoricum acidum, vinca minor, carbonica are used.
- In order to fight baldness, medicines like Silicea, Sulphur, Baryta carbonica, Lycopodium clavatum can be prescribed.
These are just a few treatments in a nutshell, but there are numerous others to be discussed. To know the right medicine for you, you can always consult a qualified homeopathic practitioner.
Mere chahere pe ek kala dag hai eye ke niche aur nak ke bagal me .me daily ghi aur coperal yani ki coconut oil lagata hu to kya is se labh ho sakta hai ya koi aur.
Hi sir, I got less moustache hair in middle of moustache, how to get fully moustache n beard? I have tested hormones test as well, it's preety normal as reports says. And I am getting grey hair in beard as well, what's it cost if any treatment possible please reply asap thanks.
I used all cosmetics on my face for the marks of pimples but still it's not going what can I do else please let me know.
I have swollen area around my eye due to cyst acne. Please help me out and I have pinched small needle to get pus out pus dint came out :(
As the aging population in our society continues to grow, new technologies and procedures promising a more youthful appearance are continuously sought. The utilization of radiofrequency technology remains a novel method for the treatment of many aesthetic and medical dermatological indications. Innovative applications are constantly identified, expanding treatment options for various patient concerns including aging of the hands, cellulite, non-invasive lipolysis, and postpartum skin laxity. Non-invasive treatments are ideal for busy patients seeking minimal recovery time and so called lunch-time procedures. Furthermore, new developments in treatment devices enhance efficacy while decreasing patient discomfort.
What is RF treatment?
Based on the scientific term Radiofrequency (RF), radiofrequency treatment is a non-surgical means of “reshaping” the body and the face from beneath the superficial layer of the skin. This method uses sophisticated devices specifically designed to treat men and women’s most common skin aging problems like wrinkles, excess fatty tissues, or cellulite. The method utilizes radiofrequency waves which is, basically, heat energy meant for tissue remodelling and production of elastin and new collagen.
Unlike invasive procedures which primarily affect the most superficial layers of the skin, the resulting heat of the Radiofrequency treatment works mainly on the deepest layer of the skin, the dermis, without affecting the upper layers that are above it such as the epidermis.
As heat is a stimulation that promotes contraction of the underlying tissues, especially at the dermis level, soft tissues found within that area of the body compress, realign, and even produce new collagen, a process that normally takes many months to complete. With healthy new collagen present from the deepest level of the skin, exposing such soft tissues to further Radiofrequency waves help sculpt and tighten those tissues into a more youthful and elastic surface.
Benefits of RF treatment
By now, you may already have an idea on how an RF treatment works with regards to aging problems common to both men and women. But how exactly does anyone experiencing treatment via RF benefits from it? Following are the benefits of RF treatment.
- Diminishes or Removes Cellulite
- Reduction of Body Fats
- Tightening of the Skin/Anti-aging
- Post-operative Liposuction Smoothing
- Contour Reshaping
Risks of RF treatment
While the discovery of the Radiofrequency treatment is one of the best things to happen for the skincare industry, it is not perfect. In fact, the treatment itself has its own risks which may be experienced by some clients who undergo this type of medical procedure.
Common side effects of RF treatment include:
- Redness on the skin
- Mild swelling
- Over sensitivity of treated area
- Sinking in of treated area
Who can NOT avail RF for skin tightening?
Basically, anyone can avail of this form of treatment with a few exceptions such as pregnant or breast-feeding mothers and those with serious heart diseases or patients with pacemakers.
Why should you Choose RF skin rejuvenation?
If you are looking for a safe, painless and a non-surgical form of treatment for skin tightening, then Radiofrequency is the way to go. The procedure does not involve surgery, re-positioning or cutting. In Radiofrequency treatment, the skin tightens due to the introduction of radio frequency energy into the skin. The process generates moderate electrical currents that cause a contraction of the collagen and reshape it, which results in the tightening of the skin. This treatment effectively tightens the dermis as well as the epidermis, while ensuring that your skin remains undamaged. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic surgeon.