Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Devambigai
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DevambigaiYour feedback matters!
I have a savior case of PCOS n have a irregular periods, weight gain, facial hairs. I have a 6 years boy n I want to convince again please help me.
Hi, Its been 2dayz me and my wife intimated sexually for the first time. It's lyk during intimation she don't bleed but after that she did bleed for some time. Later she was fine with some back pain and hip cramps. Next day, that is after 24 hrs. She has bleed continuously for around 2-3 mins after she pissed. Same thing continued today that is again after 24 hrs of last bleed. Kindly suggest us to know as what is wrong or how can this problem be solved? why is she still bleeding? Kindly suggest us something as we are really tensed.
I started my periods on Saturday. But I had sex with my husband. I bled a little during it, but I haven't bled after that like usual .I bled a little today. Is my period over or will it resume again?
Hello doctor, Yesterday me and bf kissed in the bed and he has also fingered me after washing his hands with dettol and applying sanitiser. He was in shorts. Is there any chance of pregnancy? He did not ejaculate anytime. Morning I felt bit stomach pain.
As many as 30-40 % men across the world, including India, experience the problem of early discharge at some point of time. Premature (early) ejaculation is also referred to as rapid ejaculation. PE is the most common type of sexual dysfunction in men younger than 40 years and seen across all age groups. In elderly men (>60 years) erectile dysfunction is more common. If a man experiences uncontrollable ejaculation (discharge of semen from your penis) either before or shortly after sexual penetration (usually within 1-2 minutes of penetration), he may be suffering from PE.
Types and Characteristics of PE: PE can be Chronic (lifelong) or Acquired (recent).
Chronic PE: With chronic (lifelong) premature ejaculation, the person has been experiencing premature ejaculation since he became sexually active (ie, post puberty).
Acquired PE: Acquired (recent) premature ejaculation means that the condition began in an individual who previously experienced an acceptable level of ejaculatory control and only recently has developed PE.
Consequences of PE: Both you and your partner may end up experiencing highly unsatisfactory sex. In fact, it can significantly increase anxiety, which may deteriorate the problem. PE is one such sexual issue. It's not a disease.If a person is sexually fit and experiences normal erections but just fail to hold the orgasm/ discharge for reasonable time then he is suffering from premature ejaculation. It's a very normal problem, which if managed properly it can be easily resolved.We will discuss this PE in 4 parts covering: what it is in actual, how does it happen, how to approach to resolve this problem with behavioural methods, exercise, techniques and medical remedies present in both modern and alternative medicine.
Some basic things may also help you to deal with the problem:
- Some men attempt to treat themselves for premature ejaculation by distracting themselves by thinking nonsexual thoughts (such as naming cricket players and records) to avoid getting excited too fast when approaching their partners. This helps them to focus their attention away from the sexual stimulation.
- It is also suggested to men that they should relieve themselves of the sexual tension by ejaculating with self masturbation 1-2 hours before attempting sexual intercourse with their partner.
- Using condoms is known to help in premature ejaculation in some men by decreasing sensation.
- Women on top position usually helps to delay orgasm in men.
I just found out I am pregnant. I want to know how far along I am? I do not remember when I had my last period but my last sexual encounter was on 20th Oct 2018.
Hi, When a pregnant lady can take Saffron with milk to whiten the babies complexion. And how long we can take the saffron. Please can you tell us that a pregnant lady can eat peanuts? Regards, Ajay.
Hi Sir, Meri 7 weeks ki pregnancy hai. Starting se hi fever and weakness hai. Ultrasound me baby growth na ke brabar hai. Kya diet follow kare ki baby growth normal ho jay.
I use I pill after sex on but it is safe to use ipill once again after 20 days is there any problem or should I take another alternative to avoid pregnancy please suggest me what should I do it will be great full to you thanks.
Pcos: here is all that you must know about it!
Polycystic ovary syndrome (pcos) is a common hormonal disorder amongst women in their reproductive age. The symptoms of pcos being seemingly unrelated to each other, are often overlooked and remain undiagnosed. It is commonly termed as pcod (polycystic ovary disease) in which the there is an imbalance in the women’s hormones. As the name suggests, multiple cysts are formed in the ovaries that are pearl-sized (2-4mm), fluid filled and may contain immature eggs.
Whom does it most commonly affect?
Pcos most commonly affects women of reproductive age (14-45 years of age). In ceratin cases, pre-pubertal girls may also be affected by pcos.
What are the common symptoms of pcos?
Pcos, being a syndrome, is defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms may vary from one individual to another. In case you observe two or more than two of these symptoms, make sure you undergo a thorough medical examination. Common symptoms are:
- Irregular scanty or missing menstrual periods
- Infertility such as ovulation dysfunction
- Excess or unwanted body or facial hair on the body
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- Weight problems, often leading to weight gain around the waist
- Skin problems such as skin bags, darkening of skin and acne
What causes pcos in women?
The exact cause of pcos is still not known, however, there are hypothesis suggesting a few of the common causes such as;
- High level of insulin
- Increased production of androgens
- Family history
- Environmental pollution and radiations
How can pcos be diagnosed?
Pcos symptoms affect more than 20% of the indian women and still remain undiagnosed at times. For an effective diagnosis, you may report of,
- Irregular periods in the past
- Tests revealing high levels of specific hormones
- Ultrasound showing polycystic pattern of the ovary
What are the possible complications of pcos?
Commonly reported complications of pcos include:
How can pcos be managed?
Once diagnosed, the treatment of pcos may differ from an individual to another. However, a few tips to manage/ prevent pcos are:
- Exercise regularly. Include activities such as aerobics, sports and brisk walk to your daily routine.
- Eat healthy. Include foods that are low in refined carbohydrates as it helps to regulate blood sugar levels. Also add foods rich in antioxidants, green vegetables super grain and fruits to your daily diet
- Avoid excess of junk foods, spicy and oily foods and sugary diets.
- In case you smoke, it is best recommended to quit smoking.
- Avoid stimulants. Beverages such as coffee, that act as a rich source of stimulating compounds, have been found to increase insulin production.
- Keep stress away. Combat this depression by engaging yourself in activities such as opting for bubble bath, watching an old favorite movie, reading a classic or meeting friends who could be good company.
The doctor may prescribe you will relevant medications to treat the complications, in case any.