Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Devaki Rani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Devaki RaniYour feedback matters!
Diabetes is a chronic disease, which is linked with a malfunction of the pituitary gland. Once this gland stops functioning properly, the body tends to absorb the glucose that comes from food, in order to create insulin. This creates diabetes of various kinds.
Here are the facts that you should know about diabetes during pregnancy and the side effects of diabetic drugs taken during pregnancy.
- Women may be suffering from Diabetes Mellitus before they conceive, or they may develop gestational diabetes after they have conceived. In either case, the blood sugar levels will be adversely affected and the baby will also be at risk of being born with the same condition. This will also have a bearing on the diabetes medication that may be administered to the expecting mother at such a time.
- Control over blood sugar during one's pregnancy is of utmost importance. This has to be done in a natural way, rather than with the help of medication. This is due to the fact that changes in the blood sugar level where the same goes beyond the normal range can result in birth defects if it is not controlled within the first 13 weeks of pregnancy.
- Choosing the diabetes medication methods during pregnancy is of utmost importance. One can choose to use a syringe or go in for oral medication, depending on how far the pregnancy is, as well as the level of the blood sugar.
- Doctors usually try to prescribe oral anti diabetic medication for women who are suffering from gestational diabetes as well as those who have been suffering from Diabetes Mellitus before the pregnancy.
- More than medication, the doctors suggest that the expecting mother should control her sugar levels with the help of proper diet, plenty of pregnancy-safe exercises as well as lower stress levels, which may trigger a sudden spike in the blood sugar levels, in many cases.
- Low carbohydrate intake is one of the best ways to ensure that the maternal sugar levels are low during pregnancy. This can prevent birth defects like a head that is too large for the body of the baby.
- The timing and the dosage of the medication must be carefully monitored and reported so that the patient is able to take charge of the glycemic control duration and dosage on her own. This will also help ensure that the pregnancy is a perfectly safe one with minimum complications.
- The above evaluation must happen on an at least weekly basis so that the medication is prescribed at the exact dosage as required by the patient’s body. This will ensure that the medicines do not cause any undue side effects on the pregnancy or the baby growing within the womb, at that time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Jab bhi me sex karta hu to balls pe skin jaisa fatne jaisa hota he jaisa chala nikalte he or thoda jalan b hota he or safed jaisa padjate he or penis ki mukh me chota chota pimples hota he jo inching hota he or baad me bada ghao jaisa ho jata he. Muje pehele kisi se std ho gaya tha or medicine lene se thik ho gaya tha.
I had unprotected sex on 25th day of my cycle I.e on 31st July ,but I took emergency pills on next day itself . Now I am suffering from diarrhea and nasal congestion . My LMP is 7th July . What should I do now ? What is the probability of getting pregnant ? Also there is no withdrawal bleeding or spotting up till now . Please help asap.
After sex my gf take I pill then we had sex after 5 days. Please advice is their any chance of pregnancy.
I am 4 months and 20 days pregnant and this time my doctor has given me progesterone tablets. Could you please explain me why are they required? Is there any problem?
Hello, I have had a baby this February. I had my last period on 25 the september17 and I am running 5 days late this month. Why is it happening?
Since 7 days back I had sex with prostitute with condom but I consume alcohol so I afraid what will happen that's why I have anxiety so I need your suggestion for further tests.
Hi sir I lost my child last 1 year back I means in miscarriage. After that's we didn't get good news after the miscarriage n we continues consultants doctor also all are reports fine all r good n also mine we both r check up. What's happening we don't no. Please help us please what we have to do.
All women have two ovaries located on either side of the uterus. They are fundamental for the process of child birth. However ovarian cysts have emerged as major problems which most women suffer from. In this, small pockets filled with fluids develop on the surface or within the ovaries. Though they are generally harmless, often times disappearing without any treatment, they do have the potential to create complications during child birth. Treatment of ovarian cysts depends on the size and the quantity of the cysts.
Some of the treatments available are:
- Patience and a careful watch: In case medical examinations reveal tiny cysts, patience can be the key word. If you did not suffer from perceptible symptoms and the cysts were revealed only through tests, you must follow it with regular visits to the doctor. Few medications and regular ultrasound examinations are all you need in such a case.
- Contraceptives: Birth control pills or contraceptives may be sometimes prescribed to you as possible medications to treat the cysts. Regular administering of these medicines deters the possibility of further development of cysts. They also benefit greatly in reducing the possibilities of suffering from ovarian cancer in the future.
- Operations: In case the tests reveal large cysts, operations or surgical removal of them may be the only possible solution. Operations are generally suggested if the cysts have persisted for a long time and are accompanied by terrible pain in the lower abdomen.
- Ovarian cystectomy: This is performed when the ovaries are kept intact and only the cysts are carefully removed.
- Oophorectomy: In this form of surgery, only the ovary that is affected with the cysts is removed, while the other is kept intact. Both the ovaries might also have to be surgically removed if they are found to be affected.
- Hysterectomy and subsequent removal of fallopian tubes and uterus: This is done when the cysts developed have the potential of becoming cancerous. In such a situation, an extreme measure is adopted with the complete removal of the ovaries along with the uterus and fallopian tubes. This is done in order to prevent the subsequent spreading of cancer.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!