Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Arterial Thrombosis Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Hernia Repair Surgery
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Vascular Trauma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Devaji Rao SYour feedback matters!
Sir- on 22september morning I feel my face was bend on one side then I conceal a prof. Of medicine then neurology department doctor prescribe its a facial paralysis so continue one month medicine and exercise on physiotherapy but After some improvement it stopped then there have no improvement then I conceal another doctor and I feel my face was 90% improved but one side of my lip was not function clearly So please give me some tips what can I do?
I have a pimples on my face sir my age is 21 and I have a oily skin too sir how can I overcome it can you suggest me some face washers or something like that.
I want to tell about my lips. My lips color now is in blackish. I never smoke. I'm worry about this. I want my lip color as before its red. please help me about this.
I have blood coming in my stool since 3 days. I am so worried about it. I have a severe headache. Kindly guide me.
Hello doctor, I started drinking carrot juice from nearly 4 months, my skin colour changed to a maximum, but even now I'm drinking the same, my skin color came to actual color, could you please tell me the reason?
Please tell me name of some fairness cream names without any side effect but it can effective on skin.
I have black spots well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any changes. What should I do?
I am getting boils from last one year in underarm and groin area. Have tried antibiotics and now after getting boils I apply bactroban. I even got operated on the same. And still boils come back. Any ideas as to why? And what should I do? Whom should I consult?
I am suffering skin rushes, and skin itching problem from last one month. So please suggest me what should I do? And why this occurs to me?
I am 24 years old girl. I have dark spots of pimples on my face. I also have dark circles. Please help.
I have pimples on my face how to recover from this problem? And how to protect our skin from such problems?
Hi, doctor. Please help me getting a clear skin, I have pimples marks and very few chicken pox marks left on my face, my skin does not looks clear at a closer look, please suggest me any ointment or anything that could help getting a fair and clear face:) Thanks in Advance.
There were so many moles on my skin and moles were gone by co2 laser. But after laser I didn't apply sun cream, so after some time there is dark circles left on my skin. What should I do to remove darkness.
Myself Armughan qazi I am 22 years old. Sir I have very sensitive skin and I have got serious sun tan because of sun tan theres vast difference between the face colour and my body. I request please recommend me a cream or any treatment.
Skin is a very vital organ of your body as it protects your body from external injuries and also helps in regulating your body temperature. The gradual development of cancer cells on your skin region is known as skin cancer. Skin cancer is a very common disease that is affecting people worldwide. Many causes are responsible for skin cancer.
Some of them are stated as follows:
- Overexposure to sun rays. The Ultraviolet rays can cause serious damage to your skin that can lead to cancer.
- Sun burns may also result in the development of cancer cells
- Frequent exposure to toxic chemical substance can also trigger skin cancer.
- A frail immune system may also contribute to skin cancer.
- Certain scars on your skin, if left untreated, may become cancerous and eventually lead to skin cancer.
- Consuming unhealthy foods and being unhygienic may also lead to skin cancers.
Skin cancer may develop all over your body or on any particular region of your skin. It can spread to other parts of your body rapidly. The symptoms of skin cancer depend on the type of your cancer.
Some of the common symptoms of skin cancer are as follows:
- A sore on your skin that cannot be healed
- Swelling of your skin
- You may also get an itching sensation frequently
- Appearance of bumps
- Bleeding of the affected areas
- Appearance of reddish spots
- A bleeding mole
Skin cancer is absolutely curable if treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for treating skin cancer.
They are mentioned below:
- Panchakarma therapy is the most effective treatment for healing skin cancer. It involves purification and removal of harmful toxins from your body through its 5 constituent therapeutic treatments namely, Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamokshana.
- Drinking green tea can be very helpful. It is known to have anti cancerous properties which help prevent and combat this killer.
- Including more of citrus food in your diet such as lemons, oranges; excluding oily, fried foods and cutting down on higher quantities of sugar can prove to be beneficial.
- Applying turmeric paste on the affected areas may help you to guard against skin cancer.
You must not ignore skin cancer and seek advice from a doctor as early as possible since the process of metastasis (spreading of cancer cells to different spots of your body) is very rapid in this case.
I have too many whiteheads on my nose and accident scars on my body please help me to get rid of this.
Hives is also known as Urticaria, which is a sudden outbreak of swollen, red bumps on the skin. These occur due to an allergic reaction to an allergen or some unknown reasons. These bumps are usually accompanied by a few common symptoms like redness, burning sensation, itchiness, inflammation and swelling. They can be of varied shapes and most often the larger ones are very painful. Your skin gets badly affected by hives and the itchiness is quite irritating.
Few facts about hives:
- Prominent symptoms: Hives occur due to allergic reactions and some of the most highlighting symptoms are trouble in breathing, swelling, stomach cramps, dizziness and other related ones. People facing these kinds of symptoms are mainly kept in an emergency room so that proper care can be taken.
- Lasting period of hives: In general, the symptoms of hives fade away within a few hours and just few scratches are left behind. Though in some cases hives return either for few weeks or days. Some people experience the symptoms after specific intervals and thus you got to have proper medical care.
- Causes of hives: Some of the commonest causes of hives are medicines, excessive exercises, serious or rare diseases, cold, heat or pressure, insect bites or stings, different kinds of allergies especially food allergies, bladder or other infections and others. Sometimes, hives might occur all of a sudden without any specific reason.
- Who gets hives: Both adults and kids of different ages can have hives at any time. Thus, you should be aware fully of the same in order to prevent this kind of skin disease. Though the symptoms last maximum for six months but still the sufferings are unbearable at times.
- Diagnosis of hives: Hives can now be easily detected by doctors just by looking at the available symptoms and thus no special kind of diagnosis is required. Physical examination is conducted and the doctor often asks a few questions from the patients. If the symptoms continue for a long time then in that case blood tests are also recommended by the doctor. The doctor might recommend any other medical test in this regard in accordance with the patient's condition.
- Treating hives: The doctors often prescribe antihistamines to the patients who suffer from hives. The sources causing hives are asked to be avoided so that the chances of getting attacked by this kind of skin trouble can be reduced. Doctors keep the patients under supervision and then accordingly prescribe medicines for a speedy recovery.