Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My 5 year daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long time? I heard that using for the year might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My 4 year old son always angry very quickly. He is very aggressive and most of the time he is just out of control. His palm most of the time remain little bit hot.
Hello, I was put on vaginal susten thrice a day till 9 weeks of pregnancy due to history of 1 miscarriage (had PCOS). By 7 months I got a false pain. But no contraction was there. Doctor didn't want to take risk. So I was asked to take lung development steroid. Also Susten 200 again 10 days. By 39 weeks I delivered a baby girl weighing 3.13 kg on 14 Feb 2014. But she has lot of hairs on back forehead etc. Now even cheeks are mildly hairy. Small hairs. Near the ears etc. pediatrician says its genetic. But nobody in our family has this. I am vry much worried.
Hi My son is 2 months and 10 days old. We are using Dexolac formula milk due to lack of low supply breast milk. He is passing stool in green color and he is struggling hard while passing the stool. Can i switch to another formula milk. What is nan pro 1 with probiotics? can i use this to my baby
Hello My 3 years old child has not passed stools for five consecutive days. We have tried all means to stimulate him and also fed him fibre rich food but all of that was of no use. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Eat a balanced diet which contains whole cereals, pulses, dal, all seasonal fruits, salads and vegetables, milk and milk products. Keep away from sweets, junk food, oily food as much as possible.
Exercise daily. For children outdoor play daily is exercise.
Get your child's weight and height checked periodically by your pediatrician. This will help to detect deviation from growth early.
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.