Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Desai AYour feedback matters!
Respected sir my kid who is now 5 and a half year old was detected with bilateral relfux. His treatment is going under local expert doctors. We are not satisfy with the results till now. The condition is getting worst day by day. His bilateral urinary replacement is done. Still with his latest report we found that he has protienosis +, acidosis +, high blood pressure, and serum creatinine is 1.1 mg. We are just so worried and cant think of something else than his health.
Delivered baby on 1st. Flat nipples. Baby not latching on. Using nipple shield. Is it ok to use nipple. Shield.
My son is 4 years 10 month old. He is a late talker, he still does not speaks clearly. He can make 3 to 5 word sentence. Few of his words could be understood by others. He did not had any Developmental delay other than speech. He can write well can recite rhymes but words are not very clear. Pls let me know why is there delay in language and how to go about it? (He is physically very active)
Hello my baby gal of 5 months was suffering from fever and loose stools so she went through a zenflox. Entroflora and redotil medicines for 8 days. She did not pass stool for 5 days and Now as soon as the course of medicines got over she started having. Loose green stools with white curd like substances. In 24 hours She passes 8 -10 watery stools when she is awake ànd next 12 hours she is fine. Baby looks fine and active has no fever and shows no sign of dehydration. Will the stool get fine on its own? Also can we give her ORS. Since she only breastfeeds and twice a day we feed her with zerolac.
I have a baby girl of 9 months. She is very lean. Please suggest some food to gain some weight to the baby.
Is it necessary to get the vaccination of brain fever to the child of 5 months.We rae residing at indirapuram, ghaziabad. If yes, then which vaccination and how much dose do it have and approx cost for the same? thanks .
I am 17 years old. My body is so weak. I tried doing exercise. But my body pains due to it. I get tired. Especially my back pains mostly. There is also problem with my diet. Even though I didn't watch tv or other things while eating, my eating speed is too slow. I tried my best to improve my body. Please tell me how should I solve this problem? How can I improve my body?
Tell about 10 weeks immunization schedule of child. If pain persist after the process what medicine I will try.
My daughter 6+. IGE value is 2109. Doctors gave MONTEC L C KID ONCE DAILY. After that he suffer stomach pain. It is side effect of the medicine or other? USG of whole abdomen is normal. Is any side effect of medicine?
Dear Doctor my son is 8 years old he is having fever since last 20 days he has suffered from jaundice in this period but his jaundice is cured but the temperature is not coming down rather it is increasing now it has touched 103.2f we have been giving him fepanil please suggest. Thanks.
My 3 months 15 days baby girl is suffering from dysentery since 2 days. Morning I consulted with a paediatrician and medicating her. What food I should follow to myself as I'm breast feeding her.
Sleep is the most important aspect for a healthy beign, but for kids it is of utmost priority. Lack of sleep can often have a negative impact on the brain funtioning of kids along with accidents. Listed below are the major sleep disorders in children along with their causative factors:
1. Sleepwalking: It is not uncommon for children under the age of 10 to sleep walk. Despite being harmless on its own, the effects of sleep walking can be dangerous such as stepping outdoors or hurting themselves during sleep. If the child runs into objects while sleep walking, they might wake up and hence further worsen the situation.
2. Nightmares: They might be general or result from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Nightmares, if frequent, can make falling asleep a tedious task. Nightmares in children are common and they usually begin to reduce in frequency by 9 years of age.
3. Obstructive sleep apnea: Snoring might be the result of improper respiration while sleeping and while it isn’t a cause of worry, regular snoring might lead to insufficient oxygen during sleep, thus making shut eye a challenge. It might be hereditary or the result of a deviated nasal septum or blocked nose. The snoring might hamper the quality of sleep.
4. Bedwetting: This is something most children experience, but usually grow out of by the time they turn six. It doesn’t need to be a cause of concern unless the frequency doesn’t reduce over time and more than two instances of bedwetting take place in a week.
5. Insomnia in children: It can be due to a host of factors and coping with changes to their normal lifestyle is one of the biggest triggers. Mental disorders such as anxiety and stress due to a variety of reasons (like the death of a loved one) may also be the cause of distress and lead to troubled or incomplete sleep.
6. Excessive daytime sleepiness: Excess naps throughout the day, always feeling lethargic or experiencing trouble waking up in the morning may be symptomatic of EDS. It isn’t uncommon in adults either wherein despite apparent proper sleep; energy levels seem to be low throughout the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.