Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak LamachYour feedback matters!
I am 46 year male with sedentary life style. I have a stone of 9.6 mm in the ureter of right kidney. About 9 cms from the kidney. It had pained for 2 days after which the diagnosis was done. Should I go in for lithotripsy or other surgical procedure or take medicines for stone removal. Pls suggest the medicines also.
My friend is having a problem since 2 day! he said me when he go to toilet in morning suddenly his butt gets blood coming out of it. please suggest him something.
My urine becomes slight pale when I intake alcohol or fast food or meat. My throat gives me pain sometimes when I awake from sleep. Lft test k normal, kidney test normal. No diabetes, no cholesterol. Pl advice what I should do.
I am a 31 years male. My urine results shows albumin trace. But in my blood result. Urea and creatinine is normal. Is there any problem to me?
I am having small small two kidney stones. One in left kidney and one in right kidney. So what I should do so that they can be removed and more stones should not develop.
Last one day, I found few stains of blood through the rectum. I have no pain or irritation feeling. Can you please help me on this?
My urine culture says occasionally pus cells n gram negative bacilli seen. No bacteria seen. I am afraid as I have been treated for klebsiella UTI 14 days back with ciplox. I hope this bacilli is not going to cause again UTI. I have been suffering a lot for 7 months. So kindly suggest if the report is normal.
I am having calculus in my left kidney size is 7 mm. From last year am suffering with this pls do the need.
Hi my age 24. Male I am getting pain near anus. But when I go to washroom. Motion is not free. Sometimes blood also coming.
I am 33 years old male and have been told anal fissure by local surgeon. Prescribed medicines for 1 month are 1.xylocaine jelly bactroban oint 2 times 2.augmentin 625 tablet 3.xeroflam tablet 4.gudlax liquid in night 1 spoon. What are the chances of recovery? If not what are the risks involved in surgery?
I have kidney stone problem, my friend asked me not to eat tomato seeds & brinjal seeds, is it true and may I know what type of food should I not consume?
3 years ki baby 1 din me sirf 2 bar urine pass hota h aur pani b pati piti h. Can you advice koi problem to ni h?
Dear doctor, sub: blood observed in stool occasionally. I am 59 year old male. I have htn but under control with telvas-h and aten-am since many years. Also I have enlarged prostate (bph) and taking contiflo-d since 4 years. Since last 2 years, blood is observed in stool (say once a month), otherwise no problem. I do not have constipation or lose motion and bowel movement is smooth. I want to know what can be several causes and what to do? is it a serious problem? with kind regards.
I got a small micro stone in right kidney 1 year before. Still it is paining in right side. How to overcome from this pain?
One single kidney in place of two is a scenario which is often termed as solitary kidney.
Who has a solitary kidney?
- Their body functions normally and are generally not unhealthy. This is also known as renal agenesis.
- In some cases, people are born with two kidneys with just one of them healthy and fully functional. The other one does not function fully or partially. This condition is known as kidney dysplasia.
- A person who had to undergo a kidney removal surgery (nephrectomy); such a surgery is conducted when a person has an infected kidney or diseased, malfunctioning/cancerous growths on the kidney.
- A person who has donated a kidney to someone who required kidney transplantation.
What potential health risks does a person with a solitary kidney have?
- Normally, a person born with a single kidney does not have any such potential health risks. They are generally healthy and lead normal lives.
- Later in life, there may or may not be slight loss or degradation in the functioning of the kidney.
- The life span of a person with a single kidney is normal. There is no apparent effect on the mortality rates.
What kind of special diet must a person with a single kidney follow?
- There is no need of any such special diet for a person with a single kidney.
- Normal healthy balanced diet with all the essential nutrients should suffice.
- You must be careful about your animal protein intake and calcium supplements.
- Drink sufficient quantity of water to remain hydrated all day and prevent the urine from turning acidic.
- Controlled consumption of alcohol and caffeine is a must. It is also important to reduce the consumption of aerated drinks.
Exercises and Physical activities for a person with a single kidney:
- A person with a solitary kidney can function like any other normal individual.
- You may also participate in sports. However, you must take enough precaution to prevent injuries to your kidney. Proper padding and protection around your lower abdominal region and back is of utmost necessity.
- You can hit the gym, run a marathon and nothing is impossible for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.