Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Balaji
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak BalajiYour feedback matters!
1. Brush and floss more frequently.
2. Scrape your tongue.
3. Avoid foods that sour your breath.
4. Kick the habit.
5. Rinse your mouth out.
6. Skip after-dinner mints and chew gum instead.
7. Keep your gums healthy.
8. Moisten your mouth.
9. See us if the problem still persists.
It is believed that tooth decay once occurred cannot be reversed or healed. But the recent studies have proven this wrong. According to the researches cavity can be healed by improved diet. Tooth decay primarily occurs due to bathing the teeth with the foods containing carbohydrates frequently. Bacteria from mouth feed on these foods and produce acids which destroy tooth enamel over a period of time resulting in cavity.
To heal cavities naturally, we need to include the foods rich in minerals like calcium, fat soluble vitamins lack of which cause cavities.
Ways to heal cavities naturally
1. Avoid sugar and phytic acid (phytate)
Sugar is the food for bacteria. So it is better to avoid sugar in your diet. You can replace sugar with pure honey which is much healthier option.
Phytate is mineral blocker found in nuts, seeds, soy products and grains. It does not only inhibit absorption of minerals in your body but also leaches out minerals from the teeth and bones. You can alter the way you eat the phytate containing foods. Prefer sprouted seeds, fermented soy foods, salted bread etc which cut down the amount of phytate.
Calcium strengthens teeth. Hence increase your calcium intake by consuming milk, cheese and yogurt. With calcium, include phosphorous and magnesium rich diet also to aid calcium functions.
3. Fat soluble vitamins
Lack of fat soluble vitamins also cause tooth decay. Take diet rich in fat soluble vitamins a, e, k and especially vitamin d. Cod liver oil is great source of vitamin a, d, e. Vitamin k can be acquired from spinach, broccoli, skate liver oil, bone marrow etc. In addition to sunshine, milk, eggs and salmon are also rich in vitamin d.
4. Raw dairy products
Raw dairy products are loaded with calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, fat soluble vitamins. We must include raw dairy products in our diet. Raw cheese, butter, milk are the examples of raw dairy foods.
You can also try coconut oil pulling and activated charcoal / dry neem powder to brush your teeth which can prevent cavity naturally.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
I am 19 years old a boy and I am suffering from sensitivity in my tooth. I can't even drink a glass of cold water. What can I do?
I had never any problem or pain in my tooth, but I found some blood traces while brushing. Please suggest some good tooth paste or any other advice. Thanks.
My front teeth broken half, but now no more such incident? Feeling normal also. Is there any reason for worries?
Hi I am 30 years of age, I want to wear braces to remove my gap between front two teeth, is wearing braces at this age is favaourable for me or not please tell me the time period which I have to wear braces, my teeth condition is very good.
A dental implant is a titanium post which mimics the root of the tooth and it’s surgically positioned into your jawbone beneath the gum line. After the implant is positioned, your dentist mounts replacement teeth or a bridge to replace a tooth or teeth that have fallen off, into that area.
Implants are a very useful new way to replace teeth that have been lost due to ageing, gum disease or trauma.
The options which were earlier available to replace missing teeth were an ordinary bridge which was attached to teeth on either side of the space left by the missing tooth.
- A big advantage of implants is that no adjacent teeth need to be chipped or ground down to hold your new replacement tooth or teeth in place.
- Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip. It gives you improved speech.
- An implant also is better for maintaining dental health as it does not have to be anchored to other teeth, like bridges.
- Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Implants also don’t come loose as dentures can.
Because implants fuse to the jawbone, they provide stable support for artificial teeth. This means dentures and bridges mounted to implants don’t slip or shift in your mouth. This helps you eat and speak normally.
This secure fit also makes the dentures and bridges mounted over implants feel more natural than bridges or dentures.
Some people can’t get ordinary bridges and dentures because of sore spots, poor ridges or gagging and for them, implants are a heaven send.
Should you get implants?
You can only get implants if you must have healthy gums and adequate bone to support the implant. If your bone is too thin or soft you may have to get a bone graft first.
You should also be committed to keeping your implants healthy. For this, you should be committed to meticulous oral hygiene and regular dental visits as these will ensure the long-term success of your dental implants.
Two types of implants are considered safe by the American Dental Association. They are:
- Endosteal implants —These are surgically implanted directly into your jawbone. This is followed by a second surgery to connect a post to the original implant after the surrounding gum tissue has healed. And finally, an artificial tooth or teeth is attached to the post. This can be done individually or grouped on a bridge or denture.
- Subperiosteal implants — These consist of a metal frame that is fitted onto your jawbone. After the gums heal, the frame automatically becomes fixed to the jawbone. After these artificial teeth are mounted onto the posts, which are attached to the frame, and left to protrude through the gums just like with endosteal implants.
- Implants are very natural but they are expensive than other dentures or bridges, the other methods of teeth replacement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.