Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa SelvakumarYour feedback matters!
I am 52 year old female having pain in my calf muscles. Also I am having fat around my waist and thighs. Please help for these problems.
Mere bete ka minor hair crack hua tha right leg mein. 42 days plaster k baad 5 din pehle plaster hata diya gaya hai doctor ne kaha bone jut gaya hai. Lekin plaster hatne k baad wo chal nahi pa raha hai. Pls suggest kitna time lagega chalne mein.
Hi I am 26 year old female, married and a banker I am suffering from back pain as well as weakness problem. I am getting tired quickly. Please suggest me.
I have pain on my right shoulder and my back. It aches now and then and light lifting also affects the pain what should I do to stop this pain?
Hi Doc, I had my ACL reconstruction on july 2014 still I fell stiffness on back of my knee, I sometime limping a lot when sit on floor for long time and I think a lot of it is because my knee does’t straighten out all the way and it hurts a lot when I try to straighten out. Also I would like to do jogging can I able do to job or is there anything I need to do. Do recommend me what to be done.
I am 23 years old boy. Sir I am suffering from cramps in my lower back since 3-4 months. There is no pain but most frequently I suffers it in the morning. What should I do.
I am suffering from pain in joints along my knee please provide me better precautions therefor I getting free from it.
I am 24 year and I am having issue in my back from long time. I'll take the pain killer but my pain was the same. Please suggest what should I do.
Recently I have been not at all defecating. whenever I eat I do not feel the weight in the stomach. Instead I feel. It in the lower part posterior abdomen. I can't sit for hours as I get back pain. And my final exams are nearing please suggest me something.
I met with an accident yesterday. Got an injury on the left knee and left ankle has swollen. I think it's a fracture in ankle but am not sure as I am able to feel and move all my fingers. Not able to walk at all. I am worried about my ankle what should I do.
My full body joints paining and knees grease gone am 30 only I think it's because of masturbating alot. Pls tell me the treatment and medicine for this and diet chart pls help.
I have disc bulging in l4-l5. Should I take medicine to strengthen nerves or back exercise is the best cure?
A bone fracture occurs when a strong external force is applied on the bones causing it to break. It is an extremely painful condition that results in days of immobility and rest.
There are several reasons which can result in bone fracture, some of them being:
- Injuries caused in sports: Any sport requires and demands extreme physical exertion and participation. Being involved in any sport therefore automatically increases your risk of incurring injuries. Bone ractures therefore are mostly reported during sports.
- Osteoporosis: Due to the deficiency of calcium, the bones of both men and women tend to get weak and more susceptible to fracture and breakage. It is one of the primary causes that lead to bone fracture.
- Osteomalacia: This also refers to a condition wherein the bones become weak and brittle. Much like osteoporosis, osteomalacia too significantly contributes to instances of bone fractures.
- Osteosarcoma: This is a rare form of bone cancer that most often develops either near the femur or near the shinbone. An instance of this form of bone cancer is most often found in children and weakens the bone, consequently leading to fractures.
Though there may be different causes of broken fractures, its symptoms remain similar. Some of them are:
- Swelling: One of the most common symptoms of bone fracture is perceptible swelling. If any of your bone is fractured, that particular part will be visibly swollen.
- Deformity: Bones give your body the shape it has, thereby, any fracture anywhere would inevitably manifest itself as a clear deformity of that particular part.
- Extreme pain: It goes without saying that a bone fracture would entail excruciating and extreme pain. This pain sharply increases with mobility thereby necessitating complete rest.
- Temporary loss of function: The part of the body where the bone is broken temporarily becomes dysfunctional. For instance, if the bone in your hand is broken, you will find it extremely difficult to move and do any work with it.