Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DeepaYour feedback matters!
By seeing itc branding their ashirwad atta, I suggested my mother to make daily breads(roti) from multi grain flour. Is there any disadvantages/side effects of this and waht should be proportion of each grains?
If intercourse is done during unsafe days but protected intercourse are there chances of preg nd wat are the ways to avoid it cn pill be taken in case if sex is done during unsafe days but it is protected.
Hello, I am facing excessive hair loss for last 3-4 months. I was diagnosed with pcod by a gynecologist who did sonography by herself in her clinic. She said that in both ovary pcod has developed. But after that I went to sexologist and she said that pcod is in only one (left) ovary with 11-12 follicles. Then I went to endocrinologist, who said that at this age (36 yr) pcod is not a big problem as my all blood reports came normal (I.e.hormonal, thyroid and all other reports are within normal range) and periods are very regular i.e. Exactly 30 days cycle. With this she said that hormonal therapy should not be given after 35 years and suggested me follihair and evacuate. Even I am totally not interested in taking hormonal therapy, as my mother had stroke and is paralyzed for last 7 years, but even after taking follihair and evacure for 1 1/2 months, hair fall is there. I am so worried, losing hair at high speed. I'll highly appreciate if you could help me. Thx a lot.
Me and my girlfriend had sex in her periods time. Her periods starts 28 August and we have sex 30 August. We used condom but we did not know that the condom was broken. Is there any chances of getting pregnant. If there is any chances of pregnant then what should we do? Please answer me I'm very worried about this.
1. Always keep your nails neat and trimmed. Long nails tend to get in the way and tempt you to bite them.
2. Use mint chewing gums or flavoured candies as a distraction. They keep your mouth busy and distracts the mind away from your nails.
3. Apply a few drops of neem oil on your fingers and let them dry. The bitter taste of neem oil will stop involuntary nail biting to an extent.
4. Keep a stress ball handy. Use it to distract yourself whenever you feel like biting your nails.
5. Even if this practice cannot be followed throughout the day, make sure to use gloves or adhesive bandages whenever possible. The fact that you will not be able to bite your nails will register in your mind and kill the habit slowly.
6. If you are okay with it, use nail polish to style your fingernails. This encourages you to grow nails as well.
7. Stress is a major factor that induces nail-biting in certain people. You will notice that you do not bite nails much when your mind is fresh and relaxed.
Caught in the mundane chores and uniformity of daily pressures, your love life may suffer quite badly. All couples come to a point where one or both of them are either not interested in physical love anymore or too tired to get frisky. This can affect both life not only physically but also emotionally. Even if you have sex, it becomes dull, boring and unpleasant.
Getting the spark back!
Problems with a dull sex life do not have to mean a complete removal of sex from your relationship. Bringing your sex life on track might take a while, but can be quite easily achieved. Understanding yourself, knowing what gives you pleasure and sharing a romantic relationship with your partner are the key elements of a happy and satisfying sexual life. Some of the tips to get the spark back in your sex life are as follows:
- Communicate: Communication is the key to resolving all problems. Many couples feel afraid to talk about sexual issues, but this should not be the case. Talk to your partner about why you are feeling disinterested. Discuss if you are going through a difficult physical transition such as menopause or other physical ailments. It is better to tell the truth and not let your partner just assume that you may not be attracted towards him or her. Be honest if you are failing to have an orgasm. Proper communication is the first step in trying to resolve a problem.
- Educate yourself: In today’s world, finding a solution to sexual problems is no big issue as you can always look up to the internet for information. Go through books, magazines or other items available which will give a clear explanation to all your queries. Create a comfortable, quiet and interference free atmosphere. Age is also a factor that might lead to reduced libido but creating romantic settings might help in bringing the passion back.
- Keep away from blame and criticism: Try not to introduce any issue which might lead to a big fight. Criticizing at this point of time should also be avoided as it can flare up into an argument.
- Be stress free: Try and keep all the work problems away while you are with your partner. Lighten up and focus on your partner and the total experience rather than only aiming to fulfil a goal. Maintaining a stress free attitude helps in makings sex more enjoyable.
- Relax and be flexible: Relaxing helps you feeling more focussed and enhances your sexual energy. Flexibility to your partners needs only makes them more attracted and aroused by you. Thus physical and emotional flexibility can help in bringing back the spark into your sex life.
- Good health: Your physical and emotional health also affects your sex life. Reducing the intake of alcohol, abstaining from smoke, eating healthy and adequate exercise and meditating to calm your mind helps immensely to maintain a good shape and in turn happy sexual life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello sir, I have unprotected sex with my wife same day of her periods has to come. She have taken ipill within 38 hours of unprotected sex. Now her periods got delayed for 1 week and what are the chances of pregnancy. We are not ready for baby now. After how many days of unprotected sex she can check for pregnancy test?
I am 42 years old. I had miscarriage at 3 months on end of 2015. Dr. Said that it is unexplained. I do not have any physical issues. I am healthy and fit. I would like to know whether any possibility for conceiving naturally and any dos - don'ts for increasing the chance of successful pregnancy delivering healthy baby.
Hello doctor. I got my periods 3 days before but there is no bleeding. Only Lil bit of brown discharge is found. What to do?
Hello, sir/madam I was 20 years old recently in scanning I have conformed with ovarian cyst formed over left side it is all about 64x51 mm is it to be removed or can we use medicine to cure.
The vagina is composed of labia majora, labia minora and the clitoral head. In labiaplasty, the appearance of the external genitalia, specifically the labia minora are altered. The labia minora are the flaps of skin on either side of the vagina. With age and/or pregnancy, these can become dark, can sag or can enlarge over a period of time. While some women simply are bothered by the aesthetic appearance of it, others might have discomfort as a result of this.
This is where labiaplasty plays a critical role. It can remove the darkened folds and the excess tissue, creating a more symmetric and aesthetic appearance. The accompanying discomfort is also gone, producing both a psychological as well as a physical improvement. However, it is important for a woman to understand that having some folds in this area is quite normal and should not require any intervention. Also, this surgery is not for women less than 18 years of age as growth is not complete yet in these girls.
Once you have decided to go ahead with this procedure, be careful to place yourself in the hands of a good surgeon. Check for their testimonials and get all your doubts cleared. It is advisable to ask if there were failures and how they were handled, how complications that may arise are managed. In the wrong hands, things can go wrong in this surgery. Most doctors would like to set expectations and ask the patient in detail the exact reasons for and the expectations from the procedure. This is very important to avoid dissatisfaction for both the doctor and the patient.
What is done?
Using either a local anesthetic or a general anesthetic, the patient is sedated. The tissue of the labia minor is then reshaped using either a scalpel or laser. The loose ends of the tissue are sutured using absorbable sutures. These sutures will dissolve over the next few days. This procedure takes about 1 to 2 hours and does not require hospitalization.
What should you expect after the procedure?
Complete recovery may take up to a couple of months. During this period, rest from work is advisable. In addition to ample rest, you must follow the suggestions given below:
- Use cool packs to reduce the swelling and soreness
- Take painkillers to manage the pain
- The area must be kept clean, dry and free of infection
- Prefer loose clothing to avoid rubbing in the area
- Refrain from sex for a couple of weeks
- Avoid using tampons; use sanitary pads instead
Complications could range from bleeding, infection, allergic reaction to anesthetic, blood clots, reduced sensitivity of the genitalia, to unsatisfactory cosmetic appearance. These need to be managed between the cosmetic surgeon and the patient.
Hello doctor, I am 17th week pregnant. I had scanning 4 days ago (since had brown discharge like clots) and found minimal subchronic hemmarage and low lying placenta and baby's is fine. So for SCH doc prescribed me celin 500 mg twice daily for 15 days and trapic tab thrice daily for 7 days and duvadulin 10 mg twice half tablet for 10 days. Please let me know why these medicines are provided. And also is it safe to take celin tab as I read too much vitamin c tablet may cause miscarriage. I am completely Stressed of these complications, since at 8th week I had laparotomy because of ovarian torsion. So requesting your guidance.
Today suddenly I am suffering from vagina pain. What is the reason behind this? How can I get rid off from this. Please reply.
Am 20 and am sexually active with my bf but with protection. I have PCOS condition hence my period is irregular. 2 weeks ago I had a lot of brown discharge for 5 days followed by 2 days red blood discharge and followed by 2 days of nothing then no spotting also. I was worried if I might be pregnant but took a pregnancy test last week itself it was negative. Just when I thought it was over 4 days later it came back allot of brown stain for 2-3 days today. Could I be pregnant? My boyfriend used condom always and had last sex nearly 3 weeks ago.
Hi I am 33+ and my weight is 80 kg. I am diabatic. I have a girl child but now I wan't 2nd issu. My fasting blood suger level 196 and p p is 270 how I plan my pregnancy.
One’s pregnancy is a time when one must be extremely vigilant about a proper diet and good exercise regime that will benefit the child and mother in equal measure. A balanced diet during pregnancy and enough of it is essential for your child to develop and grow in a healthy manner. You need to up your daily intake by 300 to 350 calories per day. Women carrying twins require 500 calories extra each day. Despite the fact that nausea during the initial months of pregnancy can make this troublesome, try to eat a properly balanced diet and take prenatal vitamins.
Here is a guide to a healthy diet during pregnancy:
- Eat a variety of food items to get a good amount of the nutrients, which your body requires. 3 main meals and 3 small meals should be taken each day.
- Pick fruits and ingredients that are high in fiber like whole grain breads, oats, beans, pasta and rice. In case you take a fiber supplement, increase the dose you take, slowly. This can get rid of gas and cramping. It is just as essential to drink enough fluids when you increase your fiber consumption.
- Ensure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals daily. Your specialist can suggest an over-the-counter supplement or recommend a prenatal vitamin for you.
- Eat and drink no less than four servings of dairy items and calcium-rich food products a day to guarantee that you are getting at least 1,000 milligrams of calcium on a daily basis.
- Eat at least three servings of iron-rich foods such as spinach, beans, lean meat and breakfast cereals every day to ensure that you are getting 27 milligrams of iron each day.
- While you are pregnant, you will require 220 micrograms of iodine a day to guarantee for your child's brain and sensory system growth. Look for dairy items like milk, cheese, and yogurt. In addition, baked potatoes, cooked beans, limited portions of fish like cod, salmon, and shrimp can be very healthy.
- Consume at least one good source of vitamin C consistently. For instance, oranges, grapefruits, strawberries, papaya, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, green peppers, tomatoes and mustard greens. Pregnant women require 80 to 85 milligrams of vitamin C a day.
- Every pregnant woman needs one milligram of folate each day to counteract neural tube defects like spina bifida. Folic acid is an essential choice when you are pregnant.
- Consume at least one source of vitamin A each day. Sources of vitamin A are carrots, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, spinach, water squash, turnip greens, beet greens, apricots, and melon. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.