Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DeepaYour feedback matters!
Hi, doctors I had romance with my boyfriend three weeks ago ,he touched my vagina with his penis but we did not had full intercourse. I am afraid of being pregnant. How will I know that if I am pregnant and what is the way to control pregnancy. Please suggest me how will I know and what can I do please.
some time, I feel heart burn and difficulty swelling. What could be the reason? How can I control it with home remedies. Thanks.
Hi, we are expecting baby by december 2015. The doctor we are consulting has told us to take folic acid tablet only for 5 days. When I asked to 1 of my colleague, who recently had baby, she said it was prescribed for 3 months for her. Also the doctor has told us to get double marker test done. Are these test required or they are just money making tests. And shall I give folic acid tablet to my wife till 3 months of pregnancy.
Hello doc. Usually I get periods regularly. From past 4 months. I am not getting my periods regular. I am not getting whether is it due to intercourse. Or my hypothyroid. Daily taking 62 mg. Have my tsh 3.6. please clear my doubts. Doctor.
Hello. I am getting itching and burning near the area of my vagina, what should I do? Please help me to know the reason of it.
How to use contraceptive pills right after sexual intercourse and for how many days or month she have to take it continuously and at what time and what amount to prevent unwanted pregnancy?
Cucumbers are used in most healthy salads all over the world, owing to the fact that it contains lots of water and has a cooling and refreshing effect on your system. The cucumber is a member of the plant family which also boasts of watermelon, pumpkin, and squash. And on hot summer days, cucumber salads keep you hydrated whether you consume the vegetable on its own, or drink its juice. Here we will take a look at the many other advantages of having cucumbers, which will surely inspire you to incorporate this food item in your diet on a more regular basis.
- Cucumbers contain a flavanol called fisetin. This fisetin plays a key role in protecting your brain. It increases your memory and protects your nerve cells from ageing, but it's most impressive feat is that it can protect your brain from Alzheimer's as well.
- Also, cucumbers contain polyphenols named lignans which help you to reduce the risk of breast, ovarian and prostate cancer.
- And since cucumbers contain about 95 percent of water, it goes without saying that they fight inflammation in the most impressive manner possible.
- Further, cucumbers also contain anti-oxidants. These very anti-oxidants are responsible for keeping you safe from chronic diseases.
- Cucumbers come loaded with vitamin B, which is known to fight stress and can help you to combat anxiety too.
- Cucumbers are very rich in water and fibre. Since both these entities are necessary for easy digestion of food, adding cucumbers to your daily diet can be helpful in many ways. Also, when the juice of cucumbers mixes with your saliva, it will work as a very effective combination that imparts some speed to the process of digestion.
- Cucumbers are very low in calories, which is evident by the fact that they contain about 95 percent water. And yet they fill your stomach pretty nicely. It can help you keep your weight in check.
- If you are a heart patient, you ought to have cucumbers in your diet because cucumbers contain potassium, which in turn is lowers the blood pressure in the body, thus making it much easier for you to keep a check on high BP problems.
Besides the above mentioned benefits, cucumbers taste crisp, fresh and cool. So go ahead and beat the summer heat with this extremely beneficial vegetable.