Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DeepaYour feedback matters!
After 56 days, during postpartum bleeding occurs two days onwards. First day less bleeding, second day more bleeding for every 4 to 5 hours 50 ml& it is bright red. What is happening in body?
Hello doctor I am very confused about the pregnancy of my wife my marriage date is on 18 nov 2015 and she want to be pregnant please tell me what I have to do and how to do sex and how many days in a month.
Hi im 27 weeks pregnant my pus cells 4-5/HPF epithelial cells 6-8/HPF And ALKALINE PHOSPHATES finding is 133unit/L (method- kinetic) And TSH is normal is 1.17 But T3 is 216.30 T4 is 15.45 please Dr. im so worried about my baby This is my first pregnancy My all reports is normal or not please give me rply as soon as possible Thanks.
I'm suffering with irregular periods from past 7 years. continuously I took medicines for periods but of no use. My periods are still irregular. Im looking for gynaecologist who can solve by problem.
I had sex with my wife who is pregnant with 8 month and just after that her ovary is paining, is it something serious?
My girlfriend is missing her periods every month. Please tell me what is the reason behind that. I sometimes do finger fucking for pleasure, is that the reason?
Having upper left side abdominal pain. Worse in periods. What should I do? I am a 27 year old female.
Bulimia Nervosa is an eating disorder which is marked by the tremendous compulsion to binge eat, and then adopt extreme measures to avoid putting on weight. It usually affects men and women of all ages. Bulimia Nervosa makes you extremely restless, when all you think about is how to undo the binge eating.
Signs that you are suffering from Bulimia
- You are unable to stop eating
- You consume food very secretively when nobody is around
- You eat till you almost feel sick
- You rarely eat normally; you either overeat, or you go on a fast
- You exercise vigorously after eating to burn off the calories
- You use a lot of laxatives, or enemas
- You try to vomit out the food you have consumed because you feel guilty
- You have a very poor image and perception about your own body.
- You have low self esteem, and you consider yourself to be worthless and unattractive
Physical signs of Bulimia Nervosa
- Scars on the knuckles or hands; from trying to run your finger down your throat to induce vomiting.
- Saggy and puffy cheeks
- Discolored teeth; from throwing up every time after you have binge eaten
- You experience very frequent fluctuations in weight
Risk factors with Bulimia Nervosa
Bulimia Nervosa is a very complex psychological issue, and the following factors tend to increase the risk of this disease:
- Gender - Women are more likely to suffer from bulimia than men.
- Age - Bulimia normally affects people in their late teens and early adulthood.
- Biology - Bulimia may also be linked genetically, with evidence that if you have close relatives with this disorder, you are more likely to suffer as well. Deficiency of the chemical serotonin in the brain might also play a leading role.
- Media and peer pressure - Media has this tendency to feature skinny models and this adversely affects the youth who tend to be guided by what the media projects.
- Sports or other artistic pressures - If you are an actor, or a dancer, there are higher chances of you suffering from Bulimia if you are encouraged to eat less and exercise a lot more to be in shape all the time.
Good morning correspondent. . Recently 20days back I met with a lady in sex. Just now I heard that she had HIV. What tests now I can go for finding weather I had HIV or not please suggest me. I am worrying alot. I am just 24.
Hii. I would like to know what measures can be taken or changes be made in my diet so as to get some relief from abdominal and severe back pain during periods instead of taking pain killers. The pain killers seem to reduce the blood flow. I had taken some soya milk last month but it did not provide complete relief.
Hi Doctor. I took ipill on 13th march and got withdrawal bleeding on 24th march for 4days and again from 15th april light bleeding till 26th. Detected with ovarion cyst 2.6cm please help me.
Skin around my vagina pains a lil but when I touch it. I am afraid when I will have sex it will cause pain and discomfort. It started when I used a medication for infection in my vagina.
Hllo doctor. From some months my periods come not properly. Once it's come hardly one day. By irregular of periods. Or On my face I have many facial hairs. How I removed this facial hairs natural by home remedies I'm too much worried about Tell me what should I do regular of periods. PLease tell.
I had fibroid on my utreus one and half years back and it was operated n removed. But doctor said there is high possibility they can come back in future. Is there any natural way to avoid it I m just 31 years old.
What is best day to have a relationship for pregnancy? My wife has regular period ,sometimes 1 -2 days gets late or early. Or any tips if you can provide? We have tried 3-5 times in 2 years of 5-6 months interval but didn't get result?
Despite its continual attention to cure when cure is what is needed, ayurveda always emphasises prevention over cure. Ayurveda balances and rejuvenates living organisms, reducing their susceptibility and empowering their immunity to prevent new disease from developing. Ayurveda is more a way of life, a way of learning how to cooperate with nature and live in harmony with her, than it is a medical system. Health in ayurveda means harmony, and there is really no limit to the degree of balance that a sincere harmony seeker can achieve.
I'm women 30 years married on last year I got one missed abortion on 3rd month after the abortion I getting a kind of urinary infections every month. Initially urine will get smelled in panties after two days will get watery discharge later bleeding like periods for four to five days. I gone to doctor. He gave me norflox 400 I having very month this problem. That to after periods gets over after a week. And I have pcod past 6 yrs. Im height is 5.5 feet wgt : 76 kg for past 4-6 yrs.help me please
It's said that blocked fallopian tube is the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
- Proximal tubal occlusion: This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs due to complications associated with abortion, cesarean section or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Mid-segment tubal obstruction: It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
- Distal tubal occlusion: This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter often happens due to Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
- Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
- Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
- Tubal ligation removal
- Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
- Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy.