Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa Elizabeth MathewYour feedback matters!
What are the care factors to be adopted after 2nd Heart attack and angioplasty. I am also suffering from Diabetics and Blood pressure. I am a female age 50 years.
Hi, I have some head problem. If I want to do any work suddenly then my head is stroked. After few minutes I will come to normal. What should I do?
Dear sir/madam, my age is 23yrs Male. My beard and mustache is not growing and muscle is also not good. So I consult endocrinologist, he told me to test testosterone hormone, My testosterone level is 730ng/dl. Is it Normal or lower. Please help me.
I am 77+, a know case of diabetes 2& bp, both under control with amryl m, 1mg twice a day for sugar & benitech a, 1tab in morning only for bp. My blood sugar fasting is below 100 but pp is above 175-225pl. From the results of test package from thyrocare dt. 24. 04. 15, I notice few abnormalities, namely hba1c which used to vary from 5. 8 -6. 24, has shot up to 6. 8, tlc is 9. 91, trbc -4. 35, red cell distr width -47. 9 etc etc the most disturbing results got done for 1st time are amylese 155. 2u/l & lipase 151. 8u/l hdl is 32, alkaline phos is 41. 5 pl. Advise specifically about aylase & lipase as the results are much higher than normal range, likely reasons for same & treatment or further investigations if any & how serious is the problem?
Hi, i am 37 years old male. i am diabetic from last 10 years and at present my sugar level is 190 pp.i take gluconorm g 2 fort twice a day. is there any other good medicine for my diabities and i am over weight also my weight is 122 kgs.
Sir, I am 36 year old with family history of diabetic, triglyceride & cholesterol. My report also showing minor increase in triglyceride & cholesterol. Diabetic report is ok. Can you suggest some treatment.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Facing issues in getting instant erection while doing sex with partner. I am also looking Some good alternative of Viagra which is safe and can take before sex to long Lasting performance, hardness and increase ejaculations timing.
Are you suffering from diabetes? If yes, then it’s time for you to be extra careful about your health. Diabetes may cause several other diseases as well. You must check your lifestyle and take efforts to get rid of diabetes as soon as possible. If you have diabetes, then youu are at risk of developing nerve damages (neuropathy), vascular injuries and other heart diseases, regardless of your age, sex or other external or internal factors. Diabetes patients must strive to maintain fasting blood glucose levels less than 110 mg/dL and hemoglobin HbA1C level less than 7%. Also, diabetes patients should keep a check on blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Here’s how diabetes can affect your overall health:
There is a correlation between blood pressure, cholesterol levels and diabetes. Researchers have found that high bad cholesterol levels act as hindrance to insulin regulation. People with diabetes are more likely to develop heart-related diseases. About 60% diabetes patients die due to heart attacks. Diabetes is responsible for hardening of arteries or atherosclerosis. This situation is dangerous and can cause heart attacks, strokes or other chronic diseases.
Diabetes leads to impaired nerve function. This is called neuropathy. This condition is of two types: Peripheral (affects toes, feet, legs, hand, and arms) and Autonomic (affects digestion, bowel, bladder, heart and sexual activity). Symptoms of neuropathy include tingling, weakness, burning sensation, numbness in the limbs, digestive disorders, infection of the bladder and erectile dysfunction.
Diabetes is responsible for causing damage to the kidneys as well. This is called nephropathy. In this condition, the filters in the kidney or glomeruli get damaged. As a result, there is a leakage of protein in the urine. Consequently, kidneys get damaged. Urine showing small amounts of protein is an indication of kidney damage. About 20-40% patients suffering from diabetes die due to renal failure. The symptoms of renal disorder due to diabetes include itching, fatigue, urine with protein, swelling of feet and ankles and pale skin colour.
Diabetes causes non-injury amputations as it affects the nerve in the limbs, especially foot. Usually, minor infections in the foot may lead to ulcers and later require amputation. In rare cases, charcot joint or charcot foot may also occur. This is called neuropathic arthropathy. The symptoms include swelling and reddening of the foot. The bones of the affected foot have a tendency to develop cracks, deforming the entire region. Diabetes leads to blindness in adults. The eye disorder caused due to diabetes is called retinopathy. Patients with diabetes develop cataract easily. The capillaries and blood vessels in the retina get damaged or obstructed, resulting in damage to the entire retina.
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that takes a holistic approach to treat various diseases. It is believed in Ayurveda that when a disease occurs in your body then it means that the mind, body and soul is unbalanced.
It is believed that everyone is made up of five elements that is earth, air, water, ether and fire. If all of these elements in the body are well balanced, then the body tends to function in a healthy manner. An illness is a sign that one or multiple elements in the body are not balanced. A practitioner carries out a diagnosis of your diet, lifestyle, seeks to find out the cause of the imbalance and provides treatment accordingly.
Ayurvedic remedies for diabetes:
- Plan your diet as it is one of the most important thing in order to manage your diabetes. One must take balanced diet. But avoid foods increasing the Kapha Dosha. These include sugar, fats, potatoes, rice. You must avoid alcohol
- Take the help of physical exercises or yoga to stay fit.
- Check your weight.
- Don’t sleep during daytime.
Here is a list of useful herbs for diabetes management–
- Jambhul (Eugenia jambolana) powder from jamun core.
- Gurmar(gymnema sylvestre)
- Bitter Gourd/bitter melon (Momordica charantia)
- Bel (Aegle marmelos).
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
Apart from these basic natural foods, you must contact an Ayuvedic practitioner, who will help you not just in planning your diet, but will suggest certain specific Ayurvedic medicines which will boost you efforts to get rid of diabetes.