Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Daya RaveendranYour feedback matters!
I'm 49 years male and acute diabetic for the past 15 years. Most of my teeth are lost and jawbone also get loosing. Due to this, my dentist told that fixing of artificial teeth is not possible to me as my jawbone is not having enough strength to hold or clip the artificial tooth. I am in a great mental agony now. Please advise me a remedy for me. Kindly advise me the dentist who are advanced in such problems to treat
I eat normal food. Consumption of junk food and chocolates is very less. I am suffering from cavity. Please help to maintain my teeth.
Mouth always gets bitter. I have to spit my saliva. Can not drink it cause I always feel like vomiting. I am 9 weeks pregnant. Please advise.
Take one gram of asafoetida (heeng) in a spoon or spatula and warm it on heater or stove. After warming put the powder in dental caries.
Brush the teeth with neem tweek daily.
Hi , I am 21 year old , my jaw is not open perfectly, I chewing tobacco, so please tell me treatment.
Hello doctor Offenly I used to have pain and blood in tooth gum. N felt anonymous pain too. Wat should I do. M worried. Its happening frm abt 3months on every 2nd week most probably.
My friends jaw bone is big is there any method to reduce or improve the shape of face so that face looks better.
I got my brackets 2 days back and I have got bad throats pain and mouth ulcer ,is there any tablet which I can take to reduce it ,I'm unable to open my mouth or eat or drink anything because of this.
I am 21 years old. I am suffering from bad breath since 15 years old. I do many home remedies. I brush two times I use mouthwashes, tongue cleaners. But bad breath not getting removed. Please help me. What can I do to get rid of badbraeth?
Dear doctor I am 39 years old guy. Had a habit of cigarettes, but I stopped since 3 months. Now since two months I am getting blood when I spit out while after wake up from sleep, at anytime. Even in the afternoon time. Please tell me the reason for my problem.
In Feb bcoz of accident my upper teeth was displaced then doctor splint my teeth but after removing splint my teeth is still little bit shaking. What to do.
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.