Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Damodaran
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. DamodaranYour feedback matters!
I am suffering for burning near chest, also I am experiencing Sour belching from 3 days, while slowing anything it feels something is stuck in between by chest it all started from 1 marriage I attended, I also did not get fresh from 3 days. I also smoke (5cigg./day), and drink 2peg (50 ml), kindly help. If it is from indigestion aur something else. Kindly help.
Studies suggest that cholesterol problems can be addressed with simple dietary changes. And aerobic exercises further enhance the cholesterol lowering effects of a healthy diet.
Here are some quick tips to lower cholesterol without drugs :
1 . Say no to trans fats
Food manufacturers use trans fats because they extend the shelf life of packaged baked goods. They raise LDL (bad cholesterol), lower HDL (good cholesterol), and increase risk of developing heart disease and stroke. They’re found in fried foods, baked goods (cakes, pie crusts, frozen pizza, and cookies). Follow this rule: choose fats and oils with 2 grams or less saturated fat per tablespoon.
2 . Switch to olive oil
Substituting olive oil for ghee or butter may reduce LDL cholesterol by as much as 15%, which is similar to the effect of a low dose of medication The “good” fats in olive oil benefit your heart. Choose extra-virgin olive oil.
3 . Add lots of fiber to your diet
Research suggests that increasing soluble fiber intake by 5 to 10 grams each day may result in a 5% drop in LDL cholesterol. Foods like oatmeal, apples, prunes, and beans are high in soluble fiber, which keeps your body from absorbing cholesterol.
4 . Choose colorful fruits and veggies
Fruits and vegetables are loaded with ingredients that lower cholesterol—including fiber, cholesterol-blocking molecules called sterols and stanols, and eye-appealing pigments. These include leafy greens, yellow squashes, carrots, tomatoes, strawberries, plums, blueberries.
5 . Add spices to your cooking
Spices like garlic, curcumin, ginger, black pepper, coriander, and cinnamon can improve cholesterol. Research shows that eating half to one clove of garlic each day could lower cholesterol up to 9%. Find more cholesterol reducing foods here.
6 . Lose those extra kilos
If you’re overweight, drop of just 4-5 Kg will reduce your LDL by up to 8%. Having 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day (for women) and 1200-1600 calories/day (for men) will help in losing weight safely.
7 . Exercise regularly
Exercising at least 2 1/2 hours a week (around 20 minutes per day) is enough to raise HDL (good cholesterol) and improve LDL and triglycerides. Start with a 20 minute brisk walk daily!
8 . Have a handful of nuts
Almonds and walnuts contain sterols, which, like fiber, keep the body from absorbing cholesterol. Go for unsalted ones and keep the quantity in check.
9 . Quit smoking
Smoking can raise LDL and lower HDL, and quitting often improves those numbers. Breathing secondhand smoke every day can also raise levels of bad cholesterol.
10 . Stay happy
Studies suggest that when you are stressed, your cholesterol levels rise in the body. Engage in hobby like gardening, join a book club or try meditation or yoga classes to keep your spirits high.
My father is heart patient. His heart work only 25%. There is pain on every night in his right chest. There is mind of vomiting but it doesnot come. Very weak. Pain in legs. Diabetes is well. What should we do? please anyone give genuine solution?
My blood pressure normally has been 130 /90 From last 15 days it has come down to 115 /65. What could be cause of the same. Remedy I suffer from sleep apnea I also take.
I am Sr citizen of touching 65 years age. A Patient of Diabetes Mellitus Type � II (under control with oral pills), undergone Direct standing to Distal LAD with 2.5 x 15 mm Xience V Stent and taking medicines for Myasthenia Gravies VI. You are requested to kindly advise for treatment of Myasthenia Gravis. Regards, S C Ohri24/12/2015.
I am 23 years old, my heart is paining for every emotions (happiness, sad ness. Why this happens evaruevary time?
The heart is one part of your body that pumps blood relentlessly; to be grateful to the most important organ, it’s your duty to look after its health. Cardiovascular diseases and heart ailments can be prevented by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Here are a few tips to keep your heart healthy:
- Add fiber to your diet: Making fiber a part of your regular diet is a great idea as the heart works best when it runs on natural fuel. You can achieve this by adding more raw fruits and vegetables in your meals as they are an excellent source of fiber and nutrients.
- Engage in physical activity: Your heart is a muscle and to make it healthier, you need some form of physical exercise. Engaging in cardiovascular forms of exercise for an hour daily keeps your heart in good condition. Engaging in physical activity also reduces the risk of getting a heart disease and acts as a stress buster.
- Cut down on the salt intake: The sodium content in salt disrupts the balance of fluids in your body leading to high blood pressure. This can affect the functioning of the heart; that is to pump blood, which is a major cause of a heart attack. So, cutting down on salt can reduce stress and the risks of heart attacks.
- Manage your weight: People on the overweight side run a risk of getting heart diseases more often than fit and leaner ones as they tend to be more inactive and sluggish. The heart diseases caused due to obesity can be avoided by making minor changes to your diet and exercising on a daily basis.
- Quit smoking: If you are a regular smoker, quitting is the best thing you can do for your heart. The main reason for coronary heart diseases is nicotine present in the cigarette. Once, you quit smoking completely, you will be 50% less likely to run the risks of a heart attack as compared to a regular smoker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.