Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. D.Suresh KumarYour feedback matters!
My father is having stage 4 colon cancer and he is having chemotherapy. Cancer spread over liver and lung lower left part. He is confident. What is the success rate and life expectancy?
My father has cancer in food pipe at 3rd stage. We don't want to go for chemo therpahy of radiations. Is there any oral medicine to procure the diseases.
Doctor it feels that I can not urinate whole of my urine and feels still some urine is left. I give more pressure in order to make it empty. I have frequent urge of urination. I had u. T few months back and doctor said its cured after having medicine. I have heard enlargement of prostrate also blocks urine. I still have the same problem as mentioned above. What is the remedy if prostate has enlarged and it is creating problem in me? Help plz.
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Though medications are available, confirmatory treatment is through surgical removal. The procedure needs a inimum of 2 to 3 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a urologist and ask a free question.
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer
Mr. sachin was suffering from stage 2 Head and neck cancer. He had undergone surgery in october month. After that radiation and chemotherapy is completed. But he is suffering from mouth opeopening issues. Physiotherapist have suggested some exercises but due to these exercises he is getting inflammation in neck and mouth region. Is the inflammation is normal? Any alternative option to get the mouth opening.
With the recent number of breast cancer cases on the rise, it is important that we should get the examination done on a regular basis as a preventive measure. Even if someone is suffering from it, it is important that we should make an effort and learn about.
If you have breast cancer then a surgery will be part of your treatment. Based on the condition, surgery will be carried out due to any of the following reasons:
1. To remove the cancerous tissues from the breast
2. To reconstruct the breast once the cancer is removed
3. To check whether the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm
4. To treat symptoms of cancer that has progressed to an advanced stage
Breast cancer surgery may be classified into two types
1. Mastectomy: Mastectomy involves removing the entire breast; tissues in the adjoining region may also be removed. A double mastectomy is a procedure where both the breasts are removed.
2. Breast-conserving surgery: In this surgery, only parts of the breast affected by cancer are removed. The area of the breast that is to be removed will depend on the severity of the cancer. Some healthy tissues may also be removed in this surgery.
Usually, if a woman is in the initial stages of cancer then she may opt for the latter as it entails removing parts of the breast. They may also undergo radiation therapy along with these surgeries.
For checking if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm, the lymph nodes are removed from the body. Once they are removed, they are studied under a microscope to check if it has spread, if yes then the extent of their damage. This procedure is carried out along with the surgery to remove the cancer.
Once the mastectomy procedure is completed, you can opt for a breast reconstruction surgery to rebuild the area. You may opt for this procedure at the time of breast cancer removal or at a later stage. If you are considering breast reconstruction surgery then you should discuss with a surgeon.
Surgery is sometimes not used to treat cancer, but in slowing the progression of cancer or even reducing its symptoms.It is important you talk to your surgeon before the procedure to understand the goal of the surgery.
Hi I am 36years old male Whar the symptoms of mouth cancer And I have sometimes numbness is my left side of the stomach which goes as soon as I rub the place and burp comes out.
My brother's wife is cancer cured - left breast, more than 8 years. She is healthy now, working as well. I would like to know whether her daughter, 26, is taking medication for thyroid, may have this disease on hereditary basis, in future.
Sir/mam I found breast lump in one of my breast since 10 months back but there is no pain symptoms or size increase of lump only pain in time of menses my age is 22 piz tell me it will cause any breast cancer in future what precautions I should take. Tq.
Doctor I am truly and deeply love with a girl our relationship have been 3+ months and she does not have mom and she had cancer and she was died and her father leave her mother and my gf her father married a new woman so he leave my gf it have been 3+ months I am truly and deeply fall in love with her she to loves me and the problem is that my parent's knows about it my parents tells me to leave her and it is impossible for me to leave her once she had suicide how ever she is alive she loves for me she loves and have cares for me doctor I am studying well after completing my test I meet her doctor my parent's are not understanding and doctor I can not live without her doctor please understand me I love her she loves me to my parents are so stick actually me and my gf are from different caste she is nepali and I am bihari my mom is very strict about it and I know am small now I told my mom I won't marry her when I complete my education I will marry her she tells me to leave her doctor understand me how to makes my parents understand doctor I need help I feel I will suicide help me.
Frequent Urination specially at night as I wake up every 2 hrs to empty my bladder.I was told I have an enlarge prostate . my recent PSA was 1.5 .I have taken supplements like:Complete Prostate support and Prostate Deffense These do not seem to help much.I await to hear from you at your convenience.With my kind regards.
My mother is suffering from stomach cancer. Metastatic phase. Giving chemotherapy now. What to do next?
Meri breast pr nipple k pas ek or do sal se choti si blister Nikli thi. Jisme se kuch white color ka kuch ajib sa niklta h. Us breast me na to drd h na hi kuch but wo blister muje khtm krni h. please ye btaiye ki m kya kru uske liye Koi home remedy or ointment.
Breast Cancer and Prevention
Research consistently shows that drinking alcohol does increase the risk for breast cancer. Alcohol can increase levels of estrogen and other hormones associated with breast cancer. Alcohol may also increase breast cancer risk by damaging the DNA in the cells
Foods and Beverages with Vitamin D such as green tea pomegranate circumin and soy may have an anti carcinogenic effect. Curcurmin has recently been discovered to have a variety of benefits including its role in breast cancer prevention. Dietary intake of soy and atleast eight glasses of pure water daily will help control the risk of breast cancer.