Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. D.Suresh KumarYour feedback matters!
My wife is undergoing chemotherapy sessions towards treatment of breast cancer. Her appetite and sleep are severely affected. She has spasms at the base of the spine and thigh muscles. Unable to sleep at all on her back. Is there any ayurvedic treatment that can bring her relief concurrently with chemotherapy.
What are the symptoms of lungs cancer I am using cigarette more than 5 years so this time I felt some problems like chest pain and through problems so I need a suggestion and how to reduce this or how to solve.
Recently I came across a true cut biopsy report of a Tumor in which it was stated Malignant Neoplasm, Suspected Sarcoma. Is it a cancer? Later some further MRI/USG etc are in process but what is the fate of the patient? The tumor is in a form of medium sized lump in the left chest wall, with no pain and inflammation. Patient age 77. Doctors are suggesting a surgery to remove the tumor but the fear is whether it will help anything? Is there a chance of spreading of the disease further if operated? Please give a good suggestion what best can be done.
My question for all doctors what's region of blood cancers? And what's treatment of blood cancers. Because my small bro have blood cancer.
I am 63 years male and have prostate enlargement problem for past several years. I am taking 1 tab urimax-d daily and due to that, dont have urination problem. However, even I miss to take tab even for a day, I face urination problem. My querry is what side effects urimax-d has and how dangerous it is. Kindly advise. Also I tried r-25 and prostonum, homeopathic medecines and managed for about 5 years, but the same is ineffective now.
What is the symptoms of mouth cancer. My uncle was chewing tobacco from a very long time they left it just before a year ago but there is little white ulcer in there mouth which happen to them regularly. From past few months.
If a patient is in the last stage of cancer, is there any chance that he cam survive and recover back?
What are the symptoms of skin cancer? I have a hard round shaped structure in thigh. Is it the sign of a tumor which would be harmful?
Hi I'm 50 year old male. When and where I can go for cancer detection check? What kind of checks I need to undergo?
My father 65 age has tongue cancer he was diagnosed 5 and 1/2 months back with stage 2 tongue cancer. His heart EF IS 22 hence he was not fit for surgery or any major treatment. He is hypertensive and diabetic and has gone under bypass surgery 5 years ago and brain stroke 2 years ago. He's home with no treatment only on pain killers still he has immense pain. Any treatment cldn be done given his heart condition he's on bed. What should be done? How long does he have? Pls help us.
Why don't people understand there can not be a cure for cancer? The cell is mutated it can not just be reverted back to a normal cell.
Cancer is the scourge of modern era with increasing cases being reported by a significant percentage of the population with the passage of time. With the ever increasing incidences, the number of patients being treated with chemotherapy is also on the rise. This treatment however, does come with its own disadvantages and although it may be effective in curing cancer, its side effects may render a patient incapable of leading a normal life for the duration of the treatment.
What exactly is Chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy is a process by which cancer cells in the body are destroyed with the use of chemical drugs. Although it is an effective form of treatment, it has many side effects as it can affect good cells as well. This is one of the main reasons hair cells may die out temporarily and a person undergoing chemotherapy may lose hair.
Sex and chemotherapy
Although sessions of chemotherapy can damage a person's libido it may be possible to have sex keeping certain precautions in mind. Here are certain possibilities and problems associated with sex while undergoing chemotherapy.
1. It is possible to have sex while undergoing chemotherapy, if the concerned doctor says that it won't harm the patient in any way.
2. If your doctor says you can have sex then you are in the clear, but it is very important to gauge the situation yourself along with your doctor and go ahead only if chemotherapy is successful.
1. The main problem is that the patient may not have the energy or the desire to have sex as chemotherapy can be taxing on the body. However, if you want to and the doctor says it won't cause problems, you can go ahead with it.
2. Usually doctors ask patients to abstain from sex if the cancer being treated is within the genitalia. Friction during sex may cause issues within the organs and only, if proper healing has occurred should the patients consider sex.
3. Certain types of chemotherapy may change the lining of the vaginal walls and thus make them more prone to injury during vaginal sex and thus should be abstained from. Also with chemotherapy, the white blood cell count tends to be reduced within the body and this may leave it vulnerable to bacterial infections which may come from the partner during sex.
Moreover, It is advisable not to conceive while receiving chemotherapy, whether the cancer is with the man and most definitely when it is with the woman. Chemotherapy may cause acute imbalances within the body and may seriously affect the development of the baby and especially the mother, if she has cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am 43 year old woman. have swelling in my left armpit. It is painless. It is soft and tender I took a mammogram yesterday. In the result it is given as no abnormality detected. But in breast composition it is given as heterogeneouslydense which may obscure small masses. Is it breast cancer? i am having this swelling for the past two months. Please help me to know what is my problem.
I am suffering from prostate -as per psr it is .84 I am taking allopathic tablet for this. I am having problem of frequent urine. Is there some ayurvedic medicine to cure this for ever I r goel.
Hi, I'm a woman of 23, in my father's side hereditary all of my aunts have been affected by cancer. Want to know if this hereditary would affect me? have heard that only mother's side hereditary will be followed to children. In this cancer disease how is the hereditary plays a role? looking forward for valuable response. Thanks.
Why prostate gland grow larger, cause behind this. What are the precautions to be maintained before the occurrence of the disease.
The Pap Smear Test or the Pap Test is a screening test for cervical cancer. This test helps in detecting the possible growth and presence of precancerous as well as cancerous cells within the cervix - the opening of the uterus. This test was named after the doctor who discovered its use when it comes to detecting the signs of the early onset of this kind of cancer.
Let us find out more about the Pap Smear Test:
- Reasons: The main reason behind getting a Pap Smear Test done on a regular basis is to rule out any risk or sign of cervical cancer. Also, it can help in detecting the 40 sexually transmitted viruses that may be lurking around in your system. It is a fact that genital warts are born from the presence of the Human Papillomavirus or HPV which can be of 100 different types - out of which 40 lead to STDs. These STDs can be the start point of cervical cancer.
- HPV and the Pap Smear test: The Pap Smear Test may not be able to detect the exact kind of virus, but it can easily detect any cellular growth and changes that may be caused due to the virus. This helps in homing on to the risk or the beginning of cancer. In case this is detected, then the treatment can start before the problem becomes too difficult to manage.
- Candidates: The perfect candidates for the Pap Smear Test include women who have crossed the age of 21 years or above. Also, women who have a weak immune system due to the presence of the HIV virus also need to get this test done regularly as they are prone to risk of contracting cancer and infections, more than others. Once a woman over 30 years of age has had three normal Pap Smear readings in a row, she can ask her doctor to schedule her for a Pap Smear Test once in five years.
- Preparation: To begin with, you must ensure that you are not menstruating on the day of the test, in which case it will have to be rescheduled. Avoid having sex at least a few nights before the test as well.
- Procedure: The procedure for the test is pretty quick, but a little uncomfortable. The doctor will ask you to lie down before putting your legs up in stirrups and then insert a speculum into the vagina so as to extract sample cells for testing. The scraping action may cause mild pain later.
Get in touch with your doctor about getting regular Pap Smears to rule out the possibility of cervical cancer.